PDA

View Full Version : JDM front clip?

RiversideS13
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
I notice in those three years there are huge amount of silvia front clip, motor, and LSD imported into united states. Some of front clip even come with cell phone, purse, owner's cloth, and nice pedals. Some also come with completed builded motor with nice intercooler. I wonder is there a signifcant of silvia got stolen in japan? or really those of this front clip came from salvaged cars?

SimpleSexy180
03-07-2005, 11:56 PM
thats what i was thinking about also....

MakotoS13
03-08-2005, 08:42 AM
a lot could be reposessions too.

Andrew Bohan
03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
considering that the price of a clip is the same (at any given place) no matter what mods are done to it, it seems to me that it's not worth peoples' time to steal modded cars when stock ones are just as good.
however, it could be that since we are rapidly depleting japans store of crashed cars, clip exporters have no choice but to steal cars or go out of business. and since hardly anyone in japan has a car alarm, it wouldn't be that hard to steal a nice one.

ZK
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Be glad they are plentiful now... give it 5 years or so, the clips will dry up as they aren't making any more and the old stuff is already gone.

chokudoriS13
03-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Be glad they are plentiful now... give it 5 years or so, the clips will dry up as they aren't making any more and the old stuff is already gone.

It won't come close to drying up... There a literally hundreds of thousands of these cars in Japan, and more and more go to the yards every day... The demand for front clips in the US is not nearly enough to match that.

ruthlesstyper
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
It won't come close to drying up... There a literally hundreds of thousands of these cars in Japan, and more and more go to the yards every day... The demand for front clips in the US is not nearly enough to match that.

i am glad to hear this ... hope it's true