PDA

View Full Version : Testing Waters : Citizenship??

mk20116
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Over the weekend I had a strange proposal, I was to be paid $30,000 for doing a false marriage for their niece. I know that most of the immigrants from china do pay that much for overall "coming" to america, but never a proposal like that before. I even met an illegal Chinese immigrant who was smuggled into the USA by shipping container for $15,000. I had to just ponder though, how much would I have accepted for my Citizenship???
After thinking...I will probably never would accept. I can probably assume that those immigrants that do immigrate without hardships will have an easier time accepting this proposal. eh...probably just my thinking while being bored at work... :o :o

So how much would you accept for yours....

btw....one thing i learned through this is that people who do come to the USA though this method can be held against their will, either sexually or physically. more of sexually though....i also know of stories of people being kept as domestic servents against their will too.

except this link which details some of atrocities
Free Slaves :-/ (http://www.freetheslaves.net/resources/pdfs/Hidden_Slaves.pdf)

Summary (at least for those lazy)
People offer $30,000 for Citizenship declined, and now wonder how much would people accept for their Citizenship.
and something about slaves.k...getting back to work now.

S14DB
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
The bad part is that INS closed the marriage loop hole...

420sx
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
hmmm thats new to me, theres plenty of people i know who are resently geting green card with marriage. they cant change it, too many people get married for real

Chernobyl
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
The bad part is that INS closed the marriage loop hole...

WTF seriously?

They can't do that. Some people get married for real.

420sx
03-07-2005, 03:47 PM
WTF seriously?

They can't do that. Some people get married for real.

ну а я про че :) пиздит пацан!

Chernobyl
03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
^^^^
согласен

Chernobyl
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
BTW, I can hardly understand the original poster.

Do you mean someone offered you $30k to marry their niece, or to take your citizenship? Take some writing courses...

mk20116
03-07-2005, 04:41 PM
BTW, I can hardly understand the original poster.

Do you mean someone offered you $30k to marry their niece, or to take your citizenship? Take some writing courses...

I am offered 30k to marry their niece just for her to immigrate to the USA.

btw...writing course would be in my agenda but working to support my family since getting out of high school HAS a higher priority than learning to write proper English. Especially since it is my second language. :bow:

**edit**...did reread....damn i do suck.....editing my text after typing it up does jumble things up. :doh:

420sx
03-07-2005, 04:55 PM
i would marry her for 30k. that would pa for school and my debts.

Andrew Bohan
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
fo sho, support your family with $30k haha

mk20116
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
damn...maybe should've...;)

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Especially since it is my second language. :bow:

**edit**...did reread....damn i do suck.....editing my text after typing it up does jumble things up. :doh:

No worries. Now that I re-read my reply, it was kind of harsh.

English is my second language too, by the way. That's no excuse.

sykikchimp
03-08-2005, 09:38 AM
I would do it, but I would have a serious pre-nup signed that allowed for easy divorce after she got citizenship, and that protected my money and stuff.

boosteds13
03-08-2005, 09:44 AM
My neighbor is on his 2nd mail-order bride. The first one was from Peru and that was a quick one... divorced in less than a year. The 2nd one is from Argentina. Her green card has now expired and she is illegal. Although she does work 3 different jobs cleaning hotels... typical I guess.

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't do it. It takes 3-5 years for someone to get naturalized through marriage to a citizen. That means you're tied down to this woman for at least 3-5 years. What if you meet a great girl during this time and she doesn't buy your fake marriage fiasco?

For $30k, that's only $10k a year. You're better off finding a part time job that you can work on the side that will pay that much. At least that way you still have your freedom.

:blah:

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
My neighbor is on his 2nd mail-order bride. The first one was from Peru and that was a quick one... divorced in less than a year. The 2nd one is from Argentina. Her green card has now expired and she is illegal. Although she does work 3 different jobs cleaning hotels... typical I guess.

Mailorder brides are the dumbest idea. Sure, some have worked out well, but most have way high expectations. I met one on a plane once and she seemed very excited to be moving to Kansas City. I felt a little bad when I heard that because I couldn't contain my chuckle. She was probably better off in her native country... :rolleyes:

drift freaq
03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Another thing you need to know is that if you get married to someone so they can get citizenship the INS watchs you like a hawk . They will want to make sure you have at least 30k in the bank . Reason for that is the whole paid to marry deal,they are totally wise to it. They will look at you guys to make sure your actually being married and love each other. I know this because my ex girlfriend is Japanese and I have friends that got married for real, but the INS looked them upside down and sideways. (Japanese women married an american man) My nieghbor is getting married to a chinese women , but they really are in love. At this time to do the whole marriage to a non citizen thing it takes almost a year just to process paperwork to do the marriage . After that its two years before the married non citizen can get the greencard. If your prepared to really tie yourself up that way for 30k go for it. Hahahhaha.
Seriously though my ex and I discussed getting married we decided against it. Hmmmm maybe thats one of the reasons shes my ex ? hahahhahhahahhahhahah
I felt it better she use her schooling she recieved here to get a job and get sponsored by her employers for resident alien status, Or the H1 visa aka the work visa. If you maintain that for a certain amount of time you can then apply for the greencard and citizenship.
I would not want to have to support someone for like 2-3 years just because they cannot work unless they were having my child, bottom line!

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
drift freaq, do you have any sources that state you need $30k in the bank to apply for fiancee visa? Or did you make that up?

sepulchral
03-08-2005, 11:10 AM
my women is russian :)

mk20116
03-08-2005, 11:40 AM
No worries. Now that I re-read my reply, it was kind of harsh.

English is my second language too, by the way. That's no excuse.

Good point, never did think about that.......Probably might put in some time for classes..maybe. ;)

I will probably never do it due to my parents' experience coming to the US. (imagine escaping vietnamese communists + boat across ocean to malaysia)

Most people when they do apply for marriage visas will pay 1-2k to a lawyer who specializes in immigration. The process isn't very difficult, it just takes time and effort. Currently my cousin is applying for his "wife" to come over from Vietnam. He has flown back to Vietnam to take wedding photographs and to process paperwork for a marriage visa. Once he get back to the USA he will have to document phone calls he makes to his wife in VN, postage receipts of gifts he sends, and plane tickets of his trips. The documents he gives to his lawyer will be his proof that he is genuine with his marriage. His immigration lawyer has suggested he keep track of everything he does so the process will take about 6 months - 1 year.

The process of actually applying for a Citizenship is a bit longer. I think about 5 years. The 30k will be just the money for actually taking the time and effort of the paperwork. Some do actually get married genuinely after the marriage ordeal, others don't. People who do go though the false marriage are very knowledgeable of the rules and regulations of immigration. (well at least their lawyer should be.;)) Kinda like those people who collect government money and yet collect unreported income. Most of those people know what they're doing to avoid suspicion.......at least until they get caught and audited....... :naughty:

long....anyways' summary available upon request.......

drift freaq
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM
drift freaq, do you have any sources that state you need $30k in the bank to apply for fiancee visa? Or did you make that up?

hahahhahaha ya I made it up alex, give me a friggin break . Also you misinterpreted what I wrote. Or maybe I was not clear enough . Its not applieing for the visa its they want you to have cash in the bank to prove that its not just a deal to make money. They are very suspicous these days of marraiges like these. They want to know that you the man are making good money because they know you have to support the women for at least 2 years before she gets her green card and can work.
My friends went through it!!! Thats called a report of first hand experience. I would not just make up something like that . Maybe they treat things differently in Colorado though I doubt it, but this did and can happen here in California, which by the way is land of illegal and legal immigrants. hell everyone wants to come.

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I understand about the money in the bank part. I was just wondering if $30k was an INS number or if you just pulled that out of your ass.

BTW I know a lot about this stuff and how hard it all is. My financee is foreign and I have to deal with this crap very soon, so every time I hear numbers like that I have to question it. God knows I don't have that kind of money, and it scares me a bit.

sykikchimp
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
well chit.. 3 years.. fuck that.. I retract my previous statement.

ZK
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I was offered a similar deal. Marry a friend's friend's cousin and they would pay me for it. After hearing the details, the whole 5 years to naturalize, having the Gov't watch you, check if you are living together, watch your bank account and sometimes they place random calls to see if you two are there and ask personal questions. Plus you are legally married, if you meet someone else it would look rather wierd and afterward, you have a divorce on record.

sepulchral
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
marry the girl then fall in love and stay with erh and keep the 30k

Chernobyl
03-08-2005, 01:44 PM
marry the girl then fall in love and stay with erh and keep the 30k

Or at least make a contract and throw some bi-daily sex into the deal. :naughty:

If she's cute, that is.

SoCalS14
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
A friend of mine is going through this now...She is marrying an Aussie...He is a cool cat, they are really in love...but anyhow...You do have to have financial capabilities, in reply to the 30k in the bank remark, and she is spending quite a bit to do it legally...immigration lawyers are pricey...