PDA

View Full Version : Factory Flaw

Kassroth
03-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I am looking a buying a white '97 240sx LE but the rear bumper is slightly off color, more of an ivory color. The seller said this was a factory defect and he could not get it fixed under warranty when he tried a few years ago. Anyone know about this? How much would getting a bumper repainted cost?

Thanks for the help.
K

Brian
03-07-2005, 11:20 AM
rear bumper?

i had a 1995 pearl white and the rear bumper was off colored too.

orion::S14
03-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Its not a factory flaw, it's form exhaust fumes over thousands of miles.

I've seen this on MANY Pearl White S14s.

Nothing you can do (maybe clay bar, then a good polish, then a wax)...but it will be maybe $150-200 to get repainted.

Call a body shop, they can give you an exact quote over the phone. Their computer system will have the estimated hours to remove, then paint, then install...only variation will be the amount they charge per hour...time will be the same at pretty much every shop.

- Brian

gfisch
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I got a quote at close to $500 to get my bumper all prepped and repainted.
But, I think you could probably get it done cheaper. I didnt bother to get mine fixed professionally yet.

cinci_s14
03-07-2005, 06:59 PM
I've got a pearl white Zenki with the same problem, I think. I'm planning to paint it myself with custom spray paint cans from www.levineautoparts.com. They mix it to match the factory paint code, and they can do tri-coats like the pearl white. I'm repainting part of another car with their paint right now, and it seems to match the color great. I'll post pics when I get it done.