PDA

View Full Version : 2001 S15s for sale!

ZK
03-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I was wandering around car forums and found them for sale.21K. Now if there only was a way to make them CA street legal...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=116526&page=1&pp=15

SilviaDriver
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
seen one for 17K.

there is a debate im having over at club240 about a guy wanting to sell his 12.2 STi for a s15 and trying to get it lealized.

newbies are gettin tiredsom

matlock
03-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I have been out of the 240 loop for a while, but Last I remember there was no way to legalize an S15 other than having it as a showcar, I might be wrong. Like I said it has been a while. I miss my 240 :(

trixxxr4_kids
03-11-2005, 11:49 PM
you can get RHD cars legalized in Cali , i had my 180sx legalized here in san diego .. there about 3 ways to do it 2 of them legal . i will share
1)you can be lazy about it and find someone who buys auction or tow yard cars with lien sales. take the cars vins and scrap the car , and on the lien sale papers make it so some dude with bogus name sold it to you , when the police look at it (if it gets that far) they will hit a dead end and they cant do shit to you
2) take your cars Jdm title and paperwork to the local dmv and tell them you want to register it with the title and paperwork you can do it, you will also have to pass smog and brake and light inspect , but on the downside its pricey
3) you can take the paperwork to the DMv tell them you just need to get it registered so you can report it stolen , tell them the THeft task force wont work with it unless its in the system , when you show them the paperwork what they will do is a VIN override which means they will enter your jap vin s15-00xxxxx and they will fill out the make , model and year , nothing else about the car , this method overrides the inspection process so you can go smog (illegally) later that day and go to a different DMV and walk out with plates in hand

420sx
03-12-2005, 08:21 AM
well u also might wanna swap out the dash to LHD and rewire the ECU so it looks less suspisious if u are going with 1 and 3 :)

nrg
03-13-2005, 01:56 AM
^^ hope you're joking haha.
LHD and RHD are both legal.

trixxr4, why did you have to post that. Now the secret is out =\

240meowth
03-13-2005, 10:05 AM
i thought it was impossible to legalize a car that's like a certain year, what do i know =b

ThatGuy
03-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Too bad it still has a SR20 under the hood. So no matter what you do with the title, the car is still illegal. Thanks for playing.

my240iguanas
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
maybe he posted so other can enjoy RHD

Phlip
04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe this thread was dead, thank you for bumping it to add nothing

MakotoS13
04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
maybe he posted so other can enjoy RHD

which is kind of like enjoying masturbation without any arms.

die via sand down your choke hole.

HyperTek
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
register it as a "kit car"

Drunk Bastard
04-05-2005, 10:39 PM
this thread needs to be locked....like most other threads... :mephfawk:

m0rex
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Last night i saw a rhd Jeep that shit was jdm tyte yo lol. Im guessing rhd is legal but i want to see something official. I think that in the midwest no one would notice anything just need a really dark tint, quiet exhaust, drive good and that vin swap thing would work.

Btw. NRG you aint being sarcastic about what trixxx said? I might do that later on in the future if it works just for laughs and giggles.

Phlip
04-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Last night i saw a rhd Jeep that shit was jdm tyte yo lol. Im guessing rhd is legal but i want to see something official. I think that in the midwest no one would notice anything just need a really dark tint, quiet exhaust, drive good and that vin swap thing would work.

Mail delivery or former mail delivery, everything else is USDM. A friend of mine's aunt has one of those cherokees

boosteds13
04-06-2005, 08:58 AM
^^^^^^ There was a postal worker down the road from me back home and he had a Saturn that was ordered RHD from the factory for mail delivery. I didn't even think that was possible to do.

wootwoot
04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
hahah, I'm going to get a RHD drive Saturn Ion and make it all riced out then say its JDM. Somebody help fund this project it will be sooo good

boosteds13
04-06-2005, 09:08 AM
hahah, I'm going to get a RHD drive Saturn Ion and make it all riced out then say its JDM. Somebody help fund this project it will be sooo good

I don't know if they still do it or not. This was back in 1998 before I moved to Florida. I know that GM used to make RHD Saturns for Toyota who sold them in Japan.

Kain_Pabyeda
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
my friend has a RHD subaru wagon.....but he delivers mail.
I keep tryin to get him to fix it up, but it's his work car and all......they beat the hell out of those cars. If you ever have the opportunity to buy a car that's been used to deliver mail....don't, unless you like replacing things.

SimpleS14
04-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't know if they still do it or not. This was back in 1998 before I moved to Florida. I know that GM used to make RHD Saturns for Toyota who sold them in Japan.

I believe your talking about the Cavalier...those were sold in Japan as a Toyota.

dunno
04-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Too bad it still has a SR20 under the hood. So no matter what you do with the title, the car is still illegal. Thanks for playing.

If I'm not mistaken, the law states that any engine swap is legal except if the motor is not manufactured in the US. There's no swapping going on, it's the stock motor for the car. Unless all the skyline owners in the US did KA swaps, the motor is fine.

-Matt

fliprayzin240sx
04-10-2005, 07:25 PM
fuck it, move to FL and register it as a kit car!!!

kazuo
04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the law states that any engine swap is legal except if the motor is not manufactured in the US. There's no swapping going on, it's the stock motor for the car. Unless all the skyline owners in the US did KA swaps, the motor is fine.

-Matt

You lose

RWD SR20DET is illegal in the United States because it did not come stock in any vehicle made for the market, has not been tested by DOT and the EPA.

Per your own statement:

the law states that any engine swap is legal except if the motor is not manufactured in the US

This is correct. THE RWD SR20DET WAS NOT SOLD IN A US MARKET VEHICLE.

"Manufactured" would not be the correct term to use, as most of these engines are not assembled in the USA anyway. The RWD SR20DET was made in Japan, but where it was made is irrelevant to this discussion. The issue is that the RWD SR20DET is illegal in the United States because it did not come stock in any vehicle made for the market, has not been tested by DOT and the EPA.

GT-Rs are legal in the United States, ONLY WHEN LEGALIZED BY MOTOREX, because MotoRex had them crash tested by DOT, and had the engines tested by the EPA and makes appropriate modifications to meet their standards.

S15 Silvia is illegal, period. Doesn't matter if you have it registered with a title and insured, its still illegal according to Federal law.

RWD SR20DET is illegal, period. Doesn't matter if you get it to pass emissions (which is possible in stock form), its still illegal according to Federal law.

class dismissed

dunno
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
When I say "manufactured in the US," I mean "manufactured for use in the US." I figured remote factories were implied. I believe the law regards motor swaps, not motors. Some official documentation to back you up would be nice, you seem awfully confident.

-Matt

ri0tvenom
04-12-2005, 10:58 PM
i got a legal s15 with s13 vins, no problem!!!

drift freaq
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
i got a legal s15 with s13 vins, no problem!!!
its only legal till the CHP pulls you over and really decides to look all over your chassis . i gurantee there are places on the chassis that you do not know about where the manufacturer has stamped the factory vin number for your car. The CHP knows about these places its their job. How do you think chop shops get busted?
When they see that and it does not match your so called legal s15 will be impounded and destroyed and don't be surprised if they take you to jail in handcuffs

ri0tvenom
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
its only legal till the CHP pulls you over and really decides to look all over your chassis . i gurantee there are places on the chassis that you do not know about where the manufacturer has stamped the factory vin number for your car. The CHP knows about these places its their job. How do you think chop shops get busted?
When they see that and it does not match your so called legal s15 will be impounded and destroyed and don't be surprised if they take you to jail in handcuffs
i got pulled over by chp for modified exhaust, next day i put back the quiter stock exhaust, signed off.

kazuo
04-13-2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/policies/civil/caa/mobile/engswitch.pdf

Class dismissed

dunno
04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Why bring up irrelevant documentation? The closest you get is the "certified configuration." That stick is so far up your ass it's coming out your fingers and typing some strange posts. Neither of those prove your point at all, teacher.

-Matt

kazuo
04-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Why bring up irrelevant documentation? The closest you get is the "certified configuration." That stick is so far up your ass it's coming out your fingers and typing some strange posts. Neither of those prove your point at all, teacher.

-Matt

Wow, resorting to name-calling when I've linked you to sites that provide you with all the pertinent documentation that supports my point.

It's all there.

Try reading, it helps.

Not gonna post in this thread anymore, its run its course and I've already disproven your previous statement, which has repeatedly been proven wrong in discussions regarding this same issue.

Using the same documentation.

:goyou:

MakotoS13
04-13-2005, 08:53 AM
why not bypass ALL of this and register it as a KIT CAR?

oh, then it wouldn't say silvia on your insurance, who the hell cares? fuggin ricers. buy used car thats worth something not a little brother sports car with the drivers seat on the wrong side. you guys could buy 2003 Z's for around 20 now... the stupidity of all this is astounding.

420sx
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
it is soo homosexual. why would u want a rhd car in the states anyway. and be all scared to wreck it. wow. pathetic

dunno
04-13-2005, 05:07 PM
You saying "class dismissed" gave me the assumption that you pretended you were teaching a class. I figured calling you teacher was what you wanted.

Not gonna post in this thread anymore, its run its course and I've already disproven your previous statement, which has repeatedly been proven wrong in discussions regarding this same issue.

Show me some quotes from those texts, don't just back out of the argument. I'll gladly concede my argument if you show me quotes from that documentation, as I've read through both several times without finding any.

-Matt

MakotoS13
04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
hey i got one

"STFU already"

there

sportcars14a
04-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Umm, its simple, s15's weren't made in the u.s. so without someone doing the DOT & EPA stuff then they can't be driven on the street. Sr20 wasnt made in the U.S. in front engine rwd platform so there is no way to have the motor in there legally. The only legal sr20 that you can have is a fwd sr20de u.s. spec that is newer then the chassis recieving the swap. This was all covered in the thread already, stop talking and arguing people, don't you realize the questions have been answered? Also if you buy an s15 plan on making it a track car, thats all its good for over here, still sick though.

dunno
04-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Good, restate everything that everyone has already said without backing it up. Show me legal documentation outlawing the SR (doesn't have to be specific) in the stock car it came with, not a document regarding engine swaps. This is a pointless argument as the Silvia itself is illegal, but if you want to lose it, keep trying.

-Matt

zeek
05-10-2005, 10:10 PM
who fucking cares, I have a Ka for a reason...

chokudoriS13
05-10-2005, 11:13 PM
About a month too late, but as far as the RHD Saturn discussion on page 1, they were not sold in Japan through Toyota. You're thinking of the Cavalier. The Saturns were indeed sold as Saturns, but they sold so horribly (worse than the Neon's attempt, and the Neon only sold something like 900 cars the first year it was on sale there) that a large portion of the shipment was brought back to the US, converted with MPH clusters and sold off to city parking enforcement/mail services. Some of the ones sold appear on Yahoo Auctions from time to time.

m0rex
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Wtf i see a lot of neons on the street.

MakotoS13
05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
cause you live in NEBRASKA which is not located within JAPAN.

GEOGRAPHY IS YOUR DADDY.

Var
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
ok all the engine business aside. WHat if the car had a KA24de in it? Or any other legal motor for that matter.