PDA

View Full Version : 4x4's and mudflaps

SoCalS14
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok..this has been buggin me for awhile now, and I am bringing this to the forum...

I personally dislike all the damn 4x4's and duelly's running around without mudflaps...They kick all kinds of crap up! Rocks at your winshields, rocks in your intercooler, rocks breaking foglights...rocks rocks rocks...

Its unsafe...and the vehicle code is explicit about what should be done.

"Mudflaps or Mudguards are required on 3 or more wheel vehicles 1,500 lbs or more if the body of the vehicle does not provide adequate protection against spray or splash of water or mud."

How many of you see trucks that blatantly violate this? HUGE wheels, knarly lifts and rocks and debris everywhere...

Yet, I do not hear about cops pulling these guys over to bust their balls and give them tickets...

Its bullshit.

i-love-my-s14
03-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Yea I hate it, when I see them I just stay far away. And dump trucks are even worse, becuase all that crap just falls out through the cracks.

JaeTea
03-02-2005, 02:17 PM
18 wheelers are the WORST for rocks and shit.

I went to an HPDE event at Poconos Raceway. It rained halfway through the day and all kinds of rocks and dirt were on the track. I was sure I was gonna get a rock through my headlights or windshield but I made it through unscaved.

30 minutes later on the PA Turnpike....BAM! Nice big friggin chip in my windsheild from a rock kicked up by an 18 wheeler. :Ownedd:

JaeTea
03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
How many of you see trucks that blatantly violate this? HUGE wheels, knarly lifts and rocks and debris everywhere...

BTW come visit NJ during the winter...sounds like you'd LOVE IT! :bigok:

SoCalS14
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
BTW come visit NJ during the winter...sounds like you'd LOVE IT! :bigok:

Uhmmmm....no.