PDA

View Full Version : Damnitt I'm moving to california

nacstate
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
At least long enough to get parts. Anything good I find is too far to ship and I'm not willing to drive to pick up. Who wants to rent me a room for a couple months so I can get everything I need? [/rant]

Buffalo Daughter
03-02-2005, 11:38 AM
where you going? bay area? look on craigslist for rooms for rent. Are you just coming to cali to get parts? Geez. Living beyond cali must suck.

iamwesley
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Do you guys know any good places to look online for apartments or townhouses in the LA area?

sr240mike
03-02-2005, 11:53 AM
www.craigslist.org

justinhustle
03-02-2005, 12:04 PM
sooo off topic

and i know a place in west la maybe

MakotoS13
03-02-2005, 12:10 PM
where you going? bay area? look on craigslist for rooms for rent. Are you just coming to cali to get parts? Geez. Living beyond cali must suck.

apparently the same thing that drove him to post this in the wrong section must be that which keeps him from obtaining decent parts wherever he is at.

fuggin lame.

420sx
03-02-2005, 12:20 PM
PWNED. :whip:

Jeff240sx
03-02-2005, 12:24 PM
sooo off topic

and i know a place in west la maybe

+1. But I'll move it :coolugh:
-Jeff

Buffalo Daughter
03-02-2005, 12:53 PM
apparently the same thing that drove him to post this in the wrong section must be that which keeps him from obtaining decent parts wherever he is at.

fuggin lame.

hahahah jolly good show ole chap.

He also missed the suggestion i made to go log on to Craigslist.org for listings on rooms to rent.

nacstate
03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
bleh, simple mistake putting it in the wrong forum, my bad. I guess the mods need to have something to do anyway.

In all seriousness, I'm not actually going to cali, i was just ranting cause I see cherry deals all the time and its always in cali. The market isn't as nice out here in eastern NC. There are deals to be had, but they are few and far between.

Good job having a sense of humor guys.

JaeTea
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
bleh, simple mistake putting it in the wrong forum, my bad. I guess the mods need to have something to do anyway.

In all seriousness, I'm not actually going to cali, i was just ranting cause I see cherry deals all the time and its always in cali. The market isn't as nice out here in eastern NC. There are deals to be had, but they are few and far between.

Yeah but you guys don't pay shit for car insurance! So stop whining! :jerkit:

:D

nacstate
03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
i'm not whining, i'm ranting.

Its not my fault your insurance rates are so high. Take that up with your fellow citizens.

SilviaNinja240
03-02-2005, 07:00 PM
heh, its interesting. There are many nice cars in CA, but also very strict about smog and modifications (depending on where in CA). And then on the east coast, not very many nice cars, but more lenient laws and regulations (this could be debateable however).

Doesn't CA have the highest legal speed you can go on the freeway? I've seen a couple states averaged around 55, but I've also heard Montana or some other scarcely populated state has 80mph freeways. My cousin from MN came to visit me a few months ago and his first day here we saw a ferrari and two vipers driving around, that was his first time ever seening cars like that in real life.

On a similar note, I know there are a couple of businesses that are based on transporting more exotic cars from CA to the east coast.

nacstate
03-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Thats why the (hypothetical) move would be temporary....get the parts, bring them back here where I don't have all kinds of crazy smog laws killing the party. They are actually starting to add smog checks to inspections out here though...poop.

I'd say the standard interstate speed limit is 65-70 out here. Most local highways stick to 55. It is true out in the midwest there there are miles and miles of nothing the interstates generally have speed limits of 80.

MakotoS13
03-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Doesn't CA have the highest legal speed you can go on the freeway? I've seen a couple states averaged around 55, but I've also heard Montana or some other scarcely populated state has 80mph freeways.

i think montana has it beat.

BSeay
03-03-2005, 07:19 AM
When i went to montana years ago (freshman in high school) there wasnt a speed limit during the day and it was 55mph at night....

you ever seen a fully loaded ford conversion van doing a constant 90? it's hilarious...

sykikchimp
03-03-2005, 10:31 AM
When i went to montana years ago (freshman in high school) there wasnt a speed limit during the day and it was 55mph at night....

you ever seen a fully loaded ford conversion van doing a constant 90? it's hilarious...

HAHAA.. I had a tour bus driver once tell me that he found out that his bus could do 118 while driving through montana. He said there's a limiter at 115, but if your set cruise, and hit "accel" a few times you can get just a little over it. LOL

Inland180
03-03-2005, 12:25 PM
So what part of CA are you trying to move to???

WILDACEX187
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
cali is good for weather and hot mexican girls :). i love my east coast though but damn this snow!!!. im moving to fl, closer to my country and to live with old people and hurricanes fuq it.

nacstate
03-04-2005, 09:30 AM
^^ i'm not really moving, I was just venting some frustration. I think thats been made clear already

WILDACEX187
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
dont care bout u. im speaking for myself broham.