02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Which one do you like?

Jeff240sx
02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Only played 3.
-Jeff

ghostuss
02-24-2005, 01:20 AM
GT4 is sick man. Can't wait for my steering wheel to ship in.

Ritz S14
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
GT4..because I actually own it. :) (borrowed GT3 for the longest time from a friend)

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10363070&loc=101&sp=1 bet place I can find to buy the wheel.. and free ship.. Can't wait w00t

TitanBlue
02-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Playing GT4 with the GT steering wheel is freakin' hard as hell... I'm still going all over the place... haha... I drive better with my fingers

TurDz
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
GT4..because I actually own it. :) (borrowed GT3 for the longest time from a friend)

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10363070&loc=101&sp=1 bet place I can find to buy the wheel.. and free ship.. Can't wait w00t

I got it from there too. I heard amazon was 104 shipped. sucks about buy.com, they add $7-$10 tax.

Ritz S14
02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
There's also a rebate from logitech for $20 =)

drewtoes
02-25-2005, 02:24 AM
GT4 is hella sick yo!

ALTRNTV
02-25-2005, 02:59 AM
GT4 is great, especially with the Logitech wheel.

mr_240sx
02-27-2005, 09:35 PM
you know what would be perfect!!!............ if all the tracks from gt 4 were in gt3 then that would be perfect. I still dont like how the car reacts to drifts in gt4 though.

Is the steering wheel that much better?

TwoFourO
02-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Why isn't GT1 an option? That is by far the best as it broke the ground for the rest of the games and has the best racing as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone else noticed that in GT2, 3, and 4 the racing is in slow-motion compared to the first gran turismo. I'd rather play the first game with limited vehicles, options, graphics, and tracks then play a game where the racing takes a backseat.

TurDz
02-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Why isn't GT1 an option? That is by far the best as it broke the ground for the rest of the games and has the best racing as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone else noticed that in GT2, 3, and 4 the racing is in slow-motion compared to the first gran turismo. I'd rather play the first game with limited vehicles, options, graphics, and tracks then play a game where the racing takes a backseat.

what view do you play GT4 in? Have you seen the way the camera dips down during hard braking? I've played the Nurburgring track with JGTC cars, and it is definately very fast paced for me.

I haven't played GT1 though, so I can't really compare.

SilviaNinja240
02-28-2005, 07:30 AM
obviously 4 is the best, its not like there are any changes to story plot or charecters. the GT series keeps simply evolving with the times, building upon previous GT titles.

MakotoS13
02-28-2005, 10:08 AM
GT4 is better because i dont have to tell myself to focus. it makes paying attention to speed and entry angle easier when you actually feel like you're really driving. its also easier to tune the cars due to this realism. the gforce indicator is pimp too.

ghostuss
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Ordered the steering wheel from amazon.com for 104 shipped. So where you get the 20 dollar rebate from? I heard if you buy both(game and steering wheel) you can get that rebate.

HyperTek
02-28-2005, 02:22 PM
it gets annoying sometimes when your coming down the track and cant tell if the corner is a left or a right... haha.. all gt games suffer from this..

Andrew Bohan
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
the worst is the last corner on laguna seca. that one pwned me all the time on gt3 too... fuckin corner

TurDz
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
just get to know the track and it's fine...

or use the little map above. and yeah, it only sucks if it's a new track and the left/right turns are so indeterminate on the map because they're quick left/rights.

X1nom3D
03-02-2005, 07:25 AM
GT4, you can actually buy used cars if you're poor, and depending on the mileage, that determines how rigid your frame is. then when it's so worn out, you gotta go spend a few stacks just to make the frame rigid like new. and yes, the wheel makes it that much more realistic. i'm still not that use to it yet. i'm struggling like hell just to get silvers on my licenses. ahahah.

balmo
03-02-2005, 01:11 PM
gt4 is sooo nice! car rewards even on a smallest campaign really makes you want to play more.

skatanic28
03-02-2005, 09:48 PM
does everyone like the new wheel?
i got the logitech one for gt3 and it was complete shit, returned it the next day. maybe theyve improved enough to make this one worthwhile?

SochBAT
03-03-2005, 04:27 AM
that is a landslide of votes. i wanna get GT4, but im broke. I've played GT3 for the longest, can can drift like a muthaBleeper with my SS Hachi. im so used to using a controller, cuz my steering wheel for GT3 turned to shit. Calibration got all retarded, and wonky. Someone buy me GT4. I wanna get my SS hachi back.

nlzmo400r
03-03-2005, 07:45 AM
GT4 is amazing, but wheres the love for the original Gran Turismo!!???

nlzmo400r
03-03-2005, 07:56 AM
I got it from there too. I heard amazon was 104 shipped. sucks about buy.com, they add $7-$10 tax.

yes but its my understanding that buy.com sells their steering wheel for so cheap because it doesn't have the pedals with it!!? It doesnt show the pedals in the pictures. And they have an accessory pack with a stand and the pedals for like $25 taht shows the pedals in the picture? So whats the deal with that? :hsdance:

Ritz S14
03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
yes but its my understanding that buy.com sells their steering wheel for so cheap because it doesn't have the pedals with it!!? It doesnt show the pedals in the pictures. And they have an accessory pack with a stand and the pedals for like $25 taht shows the pedals in the picture? So whats the deal with that? :hsdance:

I bought mine from buy.com and I got pedals. :coold:

mr_240sx
03-10-2005, 10:10 PM
GT4 for the racing aspect and GT3 for the drifting!

JDMs13
05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Has anybody saved up 200,000 credits and purchased Nomukens Blitz r34? I have a FD all set up for drifting, and the shitty piece of shit wont drift. With an LSD fitted in GT4 on any car, you can NOT get the car to spin a donut. Garbage, absolute garbage. I was so excited about 4 coming out to. Yea, just wondering if anybody has driven that car, and if it spins donuts and slides nicely like cars out of GT3?

nlzmo400r
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
this game is so 'realistic' that if I try to drift (which im not THAT great at btw) it'll slide, and then kick back and spin me around like a retard, I like grip driving in the game a lot though. I never bought the drift cars yet (not much interest in them). Ive noticed however, that out of almost all the japanese sports cars the evo8 cannot be beat stock for stock, the brakes are so much better than any other car, that even if they gain .7seconds in the straights alone, the evo can outbrake any car on the game.

Var
05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Has anybody saved up 200,000 credits and purchased Nomukens Blitz r34? I have a FD all set up for drifting, and the shitty piece of shit wont drift. With an LSD fitted in GT4 on any car, you can NOT get the car to spin a donut. Garbage, absolute garbage. I was so excited about 4 coming out to. Yea, just wondering if anybody has driven that car, and if it spins donuts and slides nicely like cars out of GT3?

lol..i wrote a really mad post about the same thing myself, if you search you will find it. Basically the game wont let you drift unless you drive an all wheel drive car. I have a Nismo 400R setup really really nice, I get the car sideways disgustingly early, and i hold the ebrake, power on..it drifts like a RWD would in real life. I wish i could show you guys a clip cause it's pretty damn nice.

Var
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Ok cause i'm nice, here's my setup. This car WILL drift in GT4

Nismo 400R..do the stage 4 turbine kit, intercooler, full race trans, suspension, brakes, and diffs. Buy everything

Here are the suspension setting i use

Front/Rear
14k/17.3k-------Springs
69mm/69mm-----Ride height
6/10------------shock bound
10/10-----------shock rebound
-3.0º/-1.0º------camber angle
-1º/+2º---------toe angle
1/7-------------stabilizers

Gear ratios
1st gear 3.855
2nd gear 2.570
3rg gear 1.850
4th gear 1.407
5th gear 1.132
Final Drive 4.111

(i belive this is auto setting #6 on the bottom)

Tuning the diff is crucial. I tuned it the way i like. It took me an hour. I use e-brake to initiate the drift and i use nitrous at times in 3rd and 4th gear to keep the tires spinning

Limited slip setting

Front/Rear

60/60------Initial Torque
10/60------Accel
20/20------Decel

Brake Bias

Front/Rear

3/24

(This might not make sense to you, but it helps cause you can get on the brakes without understeering back out of the slide which is crucial for extended drifts and also you can initiate drifts with downshifting and braking)

Tires

Front/Rear

Road(N3)/Comfort(N2)

this is my favorite setup because it matches the car's power level. If the car had 800+ horses i would use the next level up in stickiness but it can only push about 670 horses. It's perfect for me.

You cant feint or feint and ebrake during the weight transfer to get the tail out. Then you can hold the ebrake while full countersteering to slide down the straightaway into the turn. Remeber you have to fly into the turn pretty fast to make it all happen. Also, the engine can be laggy at times but it revs to 9500 rpm. Stay on top of your shifting to always be in control. You dont need 2nd gear unless it's a hairpin. It took me about 3 hours to set this car up the way I like it. And since i'm used to it it all makes sense to me. Enjoy?

Listen2BobM4rley
05-03-2005, 01:32 AM
the Nismo 400R is All wheel drive. Now how does that make sense? I'm gonna try it and see if it actually works though.

JDMs13
05-08-2005, 09:02 AM
westborough.....thanks for the input, much appreciated. In GT3 I had an AWD skyline that I used to absolutely shred! Just like you said, it was all in the differential setup, and tires made a huge difference as well. Did you save money from racing to buy these parts, or were you able to find that elusive cheat code I've been searching for.

Var
05-08-2005, 01:22 PM
ii dont cheat in this game. It's pretty easy to save money once you have a good car. All you have to do is find a championship with a good purse and that gives you a good car to sell at the end, and keep racing it.

Var
05-25-2005, 01:57 PM
i'd like to put in a new vote..for forza. cause it kicks GT4's ass.

internetaardvark
05-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I personally like gt4 slightly more than gt3. And its quite possible to drift the rwd cars in the game you just have to be willing to buy a full customizable suspension upgrade and sit there futzing with the suspension for a while.
I had my s15 spec r aero set up to do it at one point, but it was hurting my times so I went in and futzed with it some more. And now it handles much better, corner speeds of 50-90mph depending on the turn. But it's no longer possible to drift it. :-/ If I can remember those old settings I'll post them up for you guys.
That thing about the diffs really Ticks me off though. I've actually been wondering if they set up the infividual car physics in the game to reflect whatever high optional packages they came with in real life. For instance If you were to buy a new s15 in japan you'd have the option to upgrade to the ever popular hlsd. In the game I bought an s15 spec r aero, and it supposedly has no diff. But I haven't gotten any one wheel burns coming out of the corners, even in the rain, that I can detect. And upgrading to the full customize diff just makes the car harder to turn, with no apparent improvement in grip. Has any one else had a similar experience, or am I just imagining things?
And it stil bugs me that you can't get a 240 with a KA24 in it>:(.
Oh and a little tip for those of you having trouble making money; Manny of the special condition races will award you with cars that you can sell for over 200,000 credits. And if you run them again and delete your previous records, you will be awarded another one. You can keep doing that indefinately. My cousin got us 4million credits doing that. It's not cheating per se. It's a cheap trick, but not cheating.