PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Tsukuba Time attack Challenge

Zen S14
02-23-2005, 11:22 AM
As some of you might know, the track Tsukuba circuit is the track the Japanese tuners do their time attack at. Since GT4 is now officially released I propose the following challenge to the players:

The GT4 Tsukuba Circuit Time Attack:

Rules: Since this is the time attack any car is a go, if you use a factory racecar please indicate it on your post. Build your own or buy the tuner special vehicles if that's what you prefer.

Limitations: None, spend everything you got, tweak to your hearts content and learn to drive the car.

Let people know the drive train type you used. Lets see who is the best with each of the drive train types and which car comes out on top in the game.
FR:
MR:
FF:
AWD:
Classics:
King of the Hill: You think you got the most badassed and fastest on the track? Post it as the king of the hill and see how long you can keep the record.

Post the fastest time attack time:
Car:
Tuning specs if you want to disclose it:
SAVE THE REPLAY or screenshot in case someone calls bs.

Good luck and if anyone can think of anything to add feel free to add in.

BTW the current real life record is 54.739 posted by the HKS Carbon EVO. :2f2f:

Brian
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
this isnt much info, but last night i got a 54.xxx second lap time in the prototype z racecar

Var
02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
I propose instead of a no holds barred race, we do a "spec" race. Like everyone gets a miata for example and everyone is limited to the same mods/tires/spring rates/alignment setting. That way we can compare driving skill rather than car setup skill.

s13driver
02-23-2005, 01:08 PM
maybe with the same HP figure but definitely not with spring rate and camber or anything to deal with the suspension. one might want it to be harder or softer than the other. unless you want to compete time stock to stock.

AutoRnD
02-23-2005, 02:09 PM
how about this...
s13 or s14 or s15.. No hp limit..
do whatever you want...
but you must run hard tires..
that way everything is pretty damn even..
and unlimited everything.. =)

Zen S14
02-23-2005, 02:09 PM
The time attacks I've seen on option video seems to be oriented towards who can come up with the best settings and drive that car the fastest using pro drivers. You can have the badass car, once you post it someone can use that same car to try to beat your time. Therefore the best drivers will naturally be shown after awhile.

For example, now that someone claims to have done a 54.XXX on the track with the prototype Z racecar, I or others can use that same car to try to beat his time. Oh yeah, post some type of proof please. Thanks.

Edit: I think real life record will be broken over and over. I just ran a 53.XXX with the 350Z GT500 car with lousy driving and even ran off of the track a bit.

Brian
02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
as far as proving the times, i'll choose not to.
there really is no reason to have to lie about it.
at least, in my opinion.

MakotoS13
02-23-2005, 10:16 PM
yeah but you don't base your whole entire self esteem on the foundation that is the internet...

theronin
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
even if we save the replay, how in the world are we gonna post it here? i say we just take each others word. however, i trust yeswe about as far as i can throw him....

DocTaDrifT
02-23-2005, 11:21 PM
i dont see the point of any of this

Zen S14
02-24-2005, 07:02 AM
you don't have to post if you don't care or don't want to. It is a technical course that in Japan many of the tuners go to and test their car setups through time attack. Its also pretty hard to drive on as well.

http://serv1.uploadengine.com/1109213661.jpg

there, someone on importfanatix did that already.

Don't take it so seriously, its all in good fun for those who like to try.

HyperTek
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
illl try this later.. How bout we all take crackes with the Nike car in arcade mode!?!? !haha that thing is nice. I dont have a really built tuner car yet... still workin on it,.

sykikchimp
02-24-2005, 09:52 AM
The nike car is crazy..

AutoRnD
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
anyone know how much hp the nike car has?

Brian
02-24-2005, 11:12 AM
even if we save the replay, how in the world are we gonna post it here? i say we just take each others word. however, i trust yeswe about as far as i can throw him....

awwww, my old name.
hahah.
but honestly, i have no reason to lie about a time i got (or didn' tget) in a video game. That would be really stupid.
in other news, i bought the sweet R33 GTR LM car. this is the blue one. bad ass. probably not much better, if at all, than a regular GTR, but i bought it anyways.

theronin
02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
jesus is there anyway to change a cars color?

Brian
02-24-2005, 03:48 PM
as far as i know, no way to change color.
i wish there was an option for that. as well as an option to put some kind of aero on the car,

anyways, just got back from work, where i played a little tsukuba, and i got a 50.8xx. used the protype z racecar again.
woot. i dont even have upgrade turbines on it... yet. and it has medium racing tires.
i want to get it to the stage 4 turbines and super soft tires and see what i can come up with.

DoriftoSlut
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
48.461 in the Pitwork Z33.

I had a pretty weak ass line through the first 2 corners, i know i can shave at least a couple of 10ths in that car.