PDA

View Full Version : Dimebag Memorial

MakotoS13
02-22-2005, 08:47 AM
hey guys i just figured i'd put the word out about the dimebag memorial wrist bands.

http://dimetribute.com/

they're only like 3 bucks.

get one.

i am.

Kreator
02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
and i'm not. way too much drama over someone i consider merely average.

MakotoS13
02-22-2005, 10:01 AM
callin dimebag average is like saying the holocaust was not so bad.

Heartwork
02-22-2005, 10:53 AM
and i'm not. way too much drama over someone i consider merely average.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
ahahhaah, so true...

Mille Petrozza > Dimebag

even when Chuck Schuldiner died it was overhyped, maybe cause he has been writing bad music since 1993

Var
02-22-2005, 11:44 AM
even when Chuck Schuldiner died it was overhyped, maybe cause he has been writing bad music since 1993

mm...not really overhyped. Only those that knew who the hell he was. I dont remember seeing any news clips, or any wristbands for Chuck, even though he deserved it more than many who have been in the industry. Chuck didnt write any "bad" music. The earlier stuff was raw but anything from Spiritual Healing and on was very good, and you cant fuck with death after Symbolic and SOP. Between Gene Hoglan and Richard Christy they had 2 of the most amazing metal drummers that i've heard. This guy was practically my guitar teacher(through listening to their cd's i learned how to play fast riffs)

The only complaint i have about Chuck is he never moved on to a different scale when he played solos. He should have picked up a couple things from James Murphy during Spiritual Healing.. Listen to track number 6, when they go at it and do 6 solos in a row, taking turns on every next one. Chuck's are too signature..you know it's him, while James changes it up more and brings some classical flavor into it.

Either way..no matter how you argue it i simply can't accept the fact that Chuck wrote bad music, especially when there are guys up in here that listen to Dream Theatre..? :cj:

Heartwork
02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
imo, i thought Chuck's death (pun intended) was overhyped to people who knew him. MTV actually had a news bit on him....But all theses wankers praising Chuck as a God is truly absurd to me. Sure he was self taught and popularized/made more accessible "death metal", but i just stand stand stuff after "Human" and yea Chuck blows at soloing, thats already a given, boring, same scales and a horrible technique, but i guess whatever worked for him and his band....im not even gonna go into Control Denied

Var
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
ya Control Denied was poop...i dunno what he was thinking there. I guess he got bored of kicking so much ass.

Kreator
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
huh? what about dream theater? I still consider Petrucci one of (if not tEh) best guitar player of the current days. Listen to the freakin Scenes from a Memory, the whole album is one big masterpiece.

I have mixed feelings about Schuldiner and his talent, but he definately brought more to metal then dimebag did. I wonder where that 'death' in 'death metal' is coming from. All pantera did was give a nationwide perspective on metal as redneck music. IMHO

If Hetfield died, you'd have so much coverage, grief, praise and other shit. But none of it will ever cover up for the fact that he sucked a big one at playing a guitar.

Heartwork
02-22-2005, 02:49 PM
I have mixed feelings about Schuldiner and his talent, but he definately brought more to metal then dimebag did. I wonder where that 'death' in 'death metal' is coming from. .

the word death in death metal was coined by POSSESSED back in 1985 with the song of the same name from Seven Churches album....Chuck even admitted to ripping of Kam Lee's vocals who ripped off of Jeff Beccerra of Possessed :)

Var
02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
About Dream Theatre..the only album i've heard from them is Train Of Thought..and i didnt like it. Sounded generic to me. I dont know where this album sits in their discography but i hope the others are better.

Kreator
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
the word death in death metal was coined by POSSESSED back in 1985 with the song of the same name from Seven Churches album....Chuck even admitted to ripping of Kam Lee's vocals who ripped off of Jeff Beccerra of Possessed :)

ok. but chuck contributed to the movement none the less :-p

westborough: train of thought sucked major balls. Most fans were disappointed with it and the general opinion was "something you would expect from metallica, not dt". I'm not that big on progressive stuff, although i do own all DT albums, and i'd say that aside of Scenes from a Memory and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance there isn't much to listen to.

But back on topic. In light of bands like Slipknot, Disturbed, metallica and all the other crappy bands popular in US, dimebag was a pretty good guitar player. But expand to the whole world with bands most people never heard of, you'd realize he sucked. Go to any metal forum and you'll be reassured of that.

Var
02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
While this is true, there is still something about pantera that is unique. I mean you can listen to all types of technical metal and no matter how skilled some of these guys are, they simply can't write a good song. That's why i like pantera. They get me pumped up and headbangin, while i can listen to some Spawn of Possesion and just be interested but not really into the music. Music is something beyond skill, it's what you feel when you listen to it.

And i hate slipknot but not metallica. I think they are good songwriters but the attention they get is ridiculous. I even like some of their songs from load and re-load..dont hate me haha. I they they are good beer drinking songs, but i would hardly consider them metal any more. Master of Puppets is what i can really get jiggy with.

For some wierd reason, i really really really really really like opeth...they are just tha shiznit to me right now. I also like Children of Bodom, Necrophagist(minus the vocals), AT THE GATES and some haunted stuff.

nismo2491
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
• What are the wristbands made of?
Dime Tribute wristbands are made from 100% synthetic silicon rubber. Dime Tribute wristbands are not edible.

lol, not that the matter at hand is funny, but that line was I thought

Heartwork
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
For some wierd reason, i really really really really really like opeth...they are just tha shiznit to me right now. I also like Children of Bodom, Necrophagist(minus the vocals), AT THE GATES and some haunted stuff.

Kudos to old ATG...in fact im listening to Terminal Spirit Disease in class, ehhe, but i cannot stand Slaughter of the Soul....

i beleive in music how it is felt, and not so much solely on skill, there are times reserved for that like Spastic Ink, Atheist, Watchtower, Neglected Fields :p but theres no room for when it comes to Pantera ripping off of EXHORDER vocally, and tonality

MakotoS13
02-22-2005, 03:45 PM
While this is true, there is still something about pantera that is unique. I mean you can listen to all types of technical metal and no matter how skilled some of these guys are, they simply can't write a good song.

it wasn't that that made dimebag so great. why do i like randy rhoads better than van halen? cause randy could write a good classical piece that showed his skill while everybody else was trying to go as fast and hard as they could. what i meant by dime being well above average was how he gave out tons of guitars and free stuff to his fans. the rockstar shopped at target, lived in dallas texas, and drove a truck. he was grateful and showed it to his fans.

thats why dimebag owned, he actually gave a crap about the people that practically worshipped the ground he walked on.

AlligatorBling
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
wtf?!? can we say "milking" ?? order me one for jannis Joplin too, and dont forget Kurt. Hell, Jim Henson as well... Dont forget Jim.

S14DB
02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm going to start collecting awareness wristbands.

AlligatorBling
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
^ your gonna need a big box

Kreator
02-22-2005, 06:09 PM
a thing about music is music in the first place. You can be an asshole, but make great music and you will have a following. You can be a real nice guy and make shit, and noone will listen to you.

Bands like Vader and Kreator are putting performances in US for $15 a ticket with like 150 people in the room, when in Europe which is much closer they get stadiums full of people. US tours are so not worth it for them, but they still come here because they know there are fans over here as well. They care about theire fans AND they actually know how to make music.

Var
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
i cant wait until Necrophagist comes to the States...i wanna see if they can really play that fast/accurate live. those fools are nutty :rawk: also i'm gonna see Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic on April 14th :rawk: i dunno if you like any of these guys but i'm just glad bands like this come around to San Francisco often.

Also on the 20th of April: Kreator, Death Angel, Vader, and If Hope Dies. it's gonna be a good month

Kreator
02-22-2005, 06:51 PM
i cant wait until Necrophagist comes to the States...i wanna see if they can really play that fast/accurate live. those fools are nutty :rawk: also i'm gonna see Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic on April 14th :rawk: i dunno if you like any of these guys but i'm just glad bands like this come around to San Francisco often.

Also on the 20th of April: Kreator, Death Angel, Vader, and If Hope Dies. it's gonna be a good month

yep going to see both of those shows on the respective dates when they hit the east coast. Along with amorphis, nightwish, therion and overkill shows :)

blah, that reminded me - still have to preorder tickets - they expect sellouts on half of these

MakotoS13
02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
a thing about music is music in the first place. You can be an asshole, but make great music and you will have a following. You can be a real nice guy and make shit, and noone will listen to you.

so you're saying that all subjective opinions aside that dimebag being completely down to earth in every way is of no credit? the guy was/is one of my heros and saying that he sucked because you personally don't dig his style isn't very intelligent. the site/wristband was an idea that a few of his friends (including kerry king) had. it isn't like they're charging thirty bucks for a wrist band... its fuggin three.

you act like i'm posting a memorial fund for a hanson brother that off'd himself.

JtWo
02-22-2005, 11:35 PM
LMFAO....I was thinking about something else when I saw dime bag....Ten Sack....Dime....LOL

AlligatorBling
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
3 dolla for a rubberband... as if the sales didnt skyrocket on his cds when he got shot... i find it kind of funny, i just dont see that genera as the type to milk something like this. i acutally thought about buying one of his signature guitars because his untimely death might increase the value of it, so i guess im no better. we're all out to make a buck it seems.