PDA

View Full Version : Private Party selling ?'s HELP

Supra Hunter
02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Ok, seems like a retarded question but I've never sold a car to another person before. I just basically sold my car , just getting the paperwork and such done, but I was wondering my buyer is coming from FL to pick up the car here in NY, how is he going to be able to drive the car back to florida without insurance and registration stuff done? I mean, I dont want to leave my insurance on the car for his drive back,not for nothing but I dont want to be liable for anything since the car wouldnt be mine anymore... anyone sold a car to an out of state buyer before??? what process and stuff did you go through to get everything done besides the transfer of title and such???

s13gonwild
02-21-2005, 05:09 PM
just sell the car, get a release form...make a contract. and dont worry about what happends when he takes it....like you said, ITS NOT YOUR CAR ANYMORE. You shouldnt have to worry for him not having insurance.....dont worry about it.

MakotoS13
02-21-2005, 06:14 PM
my insurance company had a 30 day provisional plan to give you time to secure some kind of long term plan. it isn't your problem, though. it should be:

test drive
paperwork
money
drive home

i drove 4 hours to pick up my car and spent MAYBE 15 minutes test driving and doign paperwork.

cake, don't be skeered.

p.s. gimme your wheels... please.

airsoft
02-22-2005, 11:25 PM
should have a release of liability form

RacerBoi
02-24-2005, 02:10 AM
He should be able to call his insurance company and give them certain information on the car inturn they give him a binder number. It is also my experience that if you have to sign the title over in front of a notery, the will offer a temporary tag to your buyer.