PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

SimpleS14
02-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone has seen the movie yet. I just came from watching it and I must say its not too bad. I was expecting more horror and action...but it was good enough to keep me awake. I'm not going to spoil the movie for anyone...but its worth checking out. BTW...I think Satan is funny in this movie.

kazuo
02-20-2005, 12:59 AM
It was cool, but Keanu still sucks.

Good flick

Heartwork
02-20-2005, 02:49 AM
no direction whatsoever, scenes built up tension and we were rewarded with NOTHING, Keanu playing another religous figure..

i saw it for free during a screening and would have rather stayed home and do some programming homework

GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE

nissantuner22
02-20-2005, 07:29 AM
I liked it. It could have been so much better. Like the side kick dude, he shoulda got a better part.

citizen
02-20-2005, 11:45 AM
it could have gone without any dialogue... and it wouldnt have made the movie worse

Var
02-20-2005, 01:11 PM
I think it was cool..then again i'm a sucker for any movie portraying the heaven vs hell theme. I liked the special effects, i like the direction, but the acting was, as expected, not great .

"Whoah. I know Kung Fu" [email protected]

It wasnt supposed to be a horror movie. It wasnt even really supposed to be too scary. IMO you were eventually supposed to be jaded to all the demons and hell stuff by the middle of the movie, because it was very apparant that Constantine wasnt scared. He was very nonchalant about everything considering HE WAS IN HELL! But i think its was meant to be that way so you look past all that stuff and focus on the ongoing theme about how he and God were fighting, but how he was still doing good deeds, but in fact he didnt realize that he was doing them for selfish reasons. And that the thought of being in hell for eternity had made him fearless because there is nothing worse one can fear. Especially if you've seen it.

sorry for pointing out all the obvious shit..haha. O and a while after the movie..like 30 minutes after i watched it, i finally realized what Satan pulled out of his body. It was all the lung cancer so he could live a long life and see if he was truly worthy. :doh:

SilviaDriver
02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
BTW...I think Satan is funny in this movie.

if your talkin about the guy in the white at the end. i dont think that was Satan, isnt it one of those angels gone bad juss like Gabe?

tokes¹
02-20-2005, 04:48 PM
i thought the movie was good. did you guys know that they showed alil more after the ending credits?

After the credits they show Constantine going to Chas's grave and leaving his zippo lighter on the tomb stone then turns to walk away and Chas comes out of the ground with angel wings, looks at Constantine and flys up into the air.

SimpleS14
02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
if your talkin about the guy in the white at the end. i dont think that was Satan, isnt it one of those angels gone bad juss like Gabe?

No it was Satan. Don't you remember when they were talking and Constantine told him that his son (Satan's son) was in the other room. Also remember when the witch doctor said Constantine's soul is the only one that the devil would come on earth to get.

I don't get the part when the phones were ringing....also what happened to the girl when see was in the tub (that split second moment)....she should have gotten naked. :P

SilviaDriver
02-20-2005, 05:44 PM
that split second moment i believe is when she died and came back? because time stops when you die

i dunno tho. they didnt even satan by his name. they called him something else

KiDyNomiTe
02-20-2005, 05:51 PM
that split second moment i believe is when she died and came back? because time stops when you die

i dunno tho. they didnt even satan by his name. they called him something else

they called him lucifer just another name... it was prolly better to catholics than any other. it had its moments though.

twong85
02-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I saw this 2 weeks ago at a screener, the acting was bad but I still like the story overall. I wish I stayed for the scene after the credits but the seats were cramped and I had to get out and stretch.

The guy at the end is satan, its pretty obvious if you listened to their conversation. Plus he has crazy powers, no way could he be anything less.

SimpleS14
02-20-2005, 06:14 PM

I was thinking the same, but how the hell did she break the tub? I don't know...I'm going to watch it again to check things I missed.

95Blue240sx
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I thought it was kinda neat. HAHa I also am a sucker for heaven vs hell type of crap. Lucifer is also a badass name, too bad it's the devils name otherwise id change my name to it.

Yeah i think watching the movie a second time you will pick up so much more. More background shit and all. Was there something that showed after the credits? What did i miss?!?

{EDIT}I didnt read tokes reply, and thats the one that had what i missed.

d-ta
02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
i enjoyed this movie. it wasn't like super good or anything, but i was still entertained and that's what counts =P

nissantuner22
02-20-2005, 09:33 PM
DAMN i might go see it again just to see the scene after the credits. Thats awesome he went to heaven!

WILDACEX187
02-20-2005, 11:30 PM
wat happened after the credits? i saw it but left, didnt know they were going to show more

SimpleS14
02-21-2005, 07:21 AM
wat happened after the credits? i saw it but left, didnt know they were going to show more

After the credits they show Constantine going to Chas's grave and leaving his zippo lighter on the tomb stone then turns to walk away and Chas comes out of the ground with angel wings, looks at Constantine and flys up into the air.

tokes¹ - Who is the girl in your sig?

KiDyNomiTe
02-21-2005, 08:49 AM
tokes¹ - Who is the girl in your sig?

tsk. tsk. tsk.
Thats Angelina Jolie.

Now why she broke the tub, I have no idea, I guess it was just to make the scene more dramatic.

tokes¹
02-21-2005, 10:46 AM
^yup its jolie

Agent_S13
02-21-2005, 12:03 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

Avert your eyes if you haven't seen it!! :bowrofl:

Anyways, what's up w/ his tattoo's? They show it off at the end but he didn't get to finish whatever he was doing cuz he was interrrupted. Any Hellblazer fans familiar with that? No need for theories, I'd like to know what's up with that instead of what you think it is. :blah:

Other than that.... definitely worth the matinee price. Even better, I think they lowered it (movie ticket prices) here on the Peninsula!! :kiss:

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe

WILDACEX187
02-21-2005, 01:27 PM
i think this was an introduction sort of speak. maybe a part 2 is in the future. too many unaswered questions like the tattoo. also the tub broke because shes a very strong psychic im assuming.

drewtoes
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
the movie was alright. i enjoyed it except i thought the second half was a bit slow. but visually the movie was really cool and the directing was on point. although the acting was kinda off i thought, keanu made it seem like i was watching THE MATRIX part 4 for a second. hahah. anyone that is not sure about the movie, you should watch its pretty cool!

95Blue240sx
02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
HAHAHA That is exactly it! Reminds me too much of the Matrix now, just because of Keanu. He is too well known/remembered from the matrix.

WILDACEX187
02-22-2005, 12:28 PM
i thought it was slow paced too, does anybody think its sort of like a intro to the series an more will come out? im waiting for sin city, that movie will rock

Twinkie
02-22-2005, 03:06 PM
i saw it. its OK...i give it a 2 out of 4 stars...not a whack 2, a good 2. the movie could have been better...however it was very entertaining imo.

drewtoes
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Yup Sin City Will Rock!! Probably Gonna Be The Best Movie Coming Out This Year Next To Star Wars:revenge Of The Sith

nistech
02-23-2005, 10:53 AM
i tought the movie was good and entertaining

SimpleS14
02-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Damn....that does not look like Jolie. 0_o

i thought it was slow paced too, does anybody think its sort of like a intro to the series an more will come out?

I hope not, my mind will be to set on relating it to The Matrix series. But then again....I can see a prequel (sp?) or another moment when some finds that spear.

redsilvia66
02-25-2005, 04:07 AM
saw constatine then walked across the street to centry 23 and watched ong bak. that movie kicked so much ass it's not even funny. people stood up and screamed when an elbow or knee connected. i swear some stunt man really got hit by those things. that would suck to take a elbow to the top of the head. hella good flick, it's in thai so there is subtitles. ima anime watcher so it didn't bother me.