PDA

View Full Version : 2000 WRX Reviews...?

sr_zenki
02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I was wondering if anybody has rode in a 2000 wrx?Like one of my friends said that it felt cheap inside like to much plastic.Is this true? :down: I'm really interested in getting one but I want some good people opinions.Also being the boxster motor does the piston like wear one side or what?<<<Dumb but weird question.Thanks

90RS13
02-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't think they feel cheap. I mean if you're comparing it to a Bently then yeah it's cheap, but about the "too much plastic", I don't know many cars that normal people drive that don't have alot if not all plastic. About piston wear, they don't wear different than a inline or V engine. Think about how a piston travels. Most cylinders even on inline/v engines will eventually get "out of round" or oval shaped. This is due to the piston being pushed up by the crank/rod at an angle. All engines (inline/v/horizontally opposed) with the crank/rod/piston, design will wear like this. The subbie engines are no different. When you think of the force the piston is being pushed at this angle, the fact that the cylinder is horizontal doesn't make a difference.

-matt

West
02-17-2005, 01:58 AM
We currently have a 02 WRX Wagon, and have owned a 01 2.5 RS and 02 WRX Sedan. The inside is not cheap in any way, you will love the inside of the car. Basically with the boxster motor setup you get the benefits of of a FR engine/tranny on a AWD car. Less bullshit to break and less weight, better center of gravity, oh and its easier to work on. Subaru really takes the cake when it comes to AWD systems. My only complain is the tranny could have been a bit beefier on the WRX. Although get an STi if your looking for a monster car. There are many reasons why so many 240 owners are now WRX owners.

wootwoot
02-17-2005, 03:42 PM
^^^ the reason if I ever own an awd car it will be a Subaru. Just get it allready!

ZK
02-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't think it feels cheap. Most new cars are like that nowadays with a lot of plastic. My friend works at a Subaru dealer as a master tech and he says they are great.

A little hard to work on because the engine bay is crowded but a lot of the engineering is similar to Nissan. Some Subaru parts are actually Nissan parts! Trim/interior pieces and some under the hood parts are made by Nissan which kinda explains why there are so many similarities. I've test driven the WRX, the new Legacy 2.5GT turbo and the STi. All very solid cars but tend to understeer a lot in stock form.

My only complain is the tranny could have been a bit beefier on the WRX. Although get an STi if your looking for a monster car.

Yes, my friend tells me a lot of people come in with blown transmissions, especially people who are drag racing. And no, they never warranty those repairs. Launching at high RPM will get you off the line the fastest but doesn't exactly help tranny life...

S14DB
02-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't think anyone in the US has rode in a 2000 WRX. Least not here. Planing on picking one up grey market?

JaeTea
02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
I was wondering if anybody has rode in a 2000 wrx?

If you posted this on NASIOC someone would probly come to your house kill you and rape your dog. :fawkd:

sr_zenki
02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't think anyone in the US has rode in a 2000 WRX. Least not here. Planing on picking one up grey market?
SORRY I mean the 2001 and up.

Kreator
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
2002 and up.

Yes it is cheap inside. Not cheap fall apart cheap, but cheap in a sense that it doesnt make a statement about the car. For example the flimsy straight cut doors. No design and feels cheap. Impreza is just an econo box. With awd, good engine and a bunch of cool technological stuff, but from interior point of view it sucks. IMHO

I partially own a TS btw, before anyone flames me for talking out of my ass.

<-- a 240sx owner which is not planning to become an impreza owner. But for a different reason then interior - i don't quite fit inside (legs too fawking long).

nismoenthu
02-18-2005, 09:24 PM
id consider getting a Evo8...their also pretty nice

West
02-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Sorry I just dont see how you can call the interior cheap in any way. It seems people need something to complain about these days with cars and the result is cheap interiors. To much plastic? You want them made of metal or what?

Since you speak of the straignt doors... its another subaru/nissan familularity. You can roll the windows down and enjoy having a door without the lame door connecting the entire door around the window.

thx247
02-19-2005, 12:40 AM
are you talking about a framed window?

West
02-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Yes :D haha

Didnt know what to call it.

Kreator
02-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry I just dont see how you can call the interior cheap in any way. It seems people need something to complain about these days with cars and the result is cheap interiors. To much plastic? You want them made of metal or what?

Since you speak of the straignt doors... its another subaru/nissan familularity. You can roll the windows down and enjoy having a door without the lame door connecting the entire door around the window.

there are as many opinions as there are people. This is just my opinion. I think the vynil interior of the 240s is far more pleasing then what the subaru got. As for the doors, half the sports cars like corvettes and vipers don't have the framed window, so i can't quite agree that its lame. And i like my doors to be heavy... meaty.... not flimsy lightweight like what the impreza has. And hte 240sx doors are curvy, leaving space for legs. Not the subaru.

Again, if not for the leg issue, chances are i would replace the 240sx with a wrx. But only because it's faster, newer and i cna still put it on liability (unlike some other cars that i would want/could get). But that one leg issue and cheesy interior is sufficient enough to keep me in the 240sx world for now. Impreza is a fast going box. Just my opinion.