PDA

View Full Version : leather care

SilviaDriver
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
just got my nardi leather wheel in and i wanna clean it up some more. planning on buying a leather boot as well so i wanna keep it in good condition.

any recommendations on leather care? do i need to buy both cleaner AND conditioner?

AlligatorBling
02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
this may help http://kyky.essortment.com/leathercaretip_rico.htm

AKADriver
02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I was very happy with the results of Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner on my grungy stock 240SX leather wheel.

If the wheel is pretty clean already, just that stuff should be fine. I actually washed my 240SX's wheel first with hand soap and water, scrubbing with a soft cloth. Once I got the thick grime off, then I used the Meguiar's cleaner.

If you go with the Meguiar's, get the liquid, not the spray! The overspray from the spray will leave marks on the untextured smooth plastic parts of your interior.

SilviaDriver
02-08-2005, 08:17 PM
any comments on Pinnacle or Wolfgang leather cleaners?

if a leather has slight cracks on it, is there any way you can remove that?

Andrew Bohan
02-08-2005, 10:28 PM
i had my sparco suede/leather for a year and a half and i've no problems with the leather. it doesn't really get dirty and it holds up to the sun very well.
the suede on the other hand, is garbage. :jerkit:

i never even thought of cleaning the leather since it holds up so well :bigok:

SilviaDriver
02-08-2005, 10:36 PM
after some good searching i am most likely gonna get the lexol care and conditioner, seems to be the most popular.

trying to find a method to cure the slightly crack leather, probably gonna go with the surflex softener from colorplus.com. i emailed them but still waiting for their reply

S14DB
02-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I use Lexol and love it. http://www.lexol.com/newauto.html
The Meguiar's was to greasey for my taste.

SilviaDriver
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
does the lexol restore cracking and hard leather? i want mine to be soft as well

S14DB
02-09-2005, 01:00 PM
I thought I had some gray seats till I washed them with the cleaner and the Ti came out. They were filty from the PO. The washing made them somewhat softer. Made the cracking on the drivers bolster look worse cause all the dirt covering it up was gone. The Conditioner softened them up nicely and made the cracks blend in better.

I think the cracks are perm but if you treat it well the leather will stay supple enough that you don't see them.

TurDz
02-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I recommend Pinnacle conditioner...crazy stuff and smells sooo good. I have some that I rarely use, I could send you a sample or somethign if you want...haha.

btw I have lexol cleaner just because it's cheap...it works pretty good I guess. The importnat part is conditioning...

Pinnacle is $20 or $30 iirc...

S14DB
02-09-2005, 02:45 PM
If you are a total Leather Whore you can get the Connolly Leather Care Kit.

I got hooked on Lexol when I went thru my Cowboy boot phase as a kid. When this care came with leather I called my dad and found out what I had used.