PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mrs.Jackson and Mr.Timberlake...

HyperTek
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
cuz of thier actions at teh last super bowl halftime, we probably wont ever have hiphop/r&b at a super bowl half time show again... just old people rock like Pual McCartney. daym.. not that I dont like him, hes cool, but it was kinda borring... that is all.

ThatGuy
02-06-2005, 06:39 PM
It was quality, wholesome, TV that I didn't mind my daughter being in the room for. That stuff last year was rediculous. I'm sure R&B and Hip Hop will be back, let's just hope the performers selected excercise a little more maturity then Mr. Timberlake and Ms. Jackson.

P.S. The Mustang Convertible commercial has been the best advertisement thus far.

DocTaDrifT
02-06-2005, 06:50 PM
haha yea the mustang was prety kool atleast it was orignal

Phlip
02-06-2005, 07:05 PM
This is the worst superbowl I have seen in my life, the game is boring, the pregame sucked, the halftime show sucked and guess what? I STILL have to work tomorrow...

Heartwork
02-06-2005, 07:36 PM
it was for the better anyways....
with todays talent i dont mind Paul McCartney....
but yea, so far this game is boring as hell.....4th quarter and nothing spectacular....actually feels like a pre-season game and the commercials are nothing new/groundbreaking that you'd expect from the Super Bowl

w0nderbr3ad
02-06-2005, 07:53 PM
those monkey commercials crack me up...the game is boring...i'm hoping the simpsons will cheer me up after the game

Phlip
02-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I agree, I like the monkey commercials... The beer I have consumed and the DVD in my player waiting for game's end will have to do it for me, lest I will be a BEAR all tday tomorrow

SimpleS14
02-06-2005, 08:31 PM
The chick in the GoDaddy.com commerical was pretty hot and the monkey commericals were funny. The game wasn't that bad at all, but the halftime show SUCKED.

nocomedown
02-06-2005, 09:47 PM
halftime show was amazing. it seems to me that a lot of you people don't appreciate real music. Paul McCartney is an icon and was a member of one of the most influential bands ever....but then again i'm sure most people would have prefered to see 50 Cent or whoever the new hot rapper out now is. funny thing is that people will forget most of these rappers and their music within the next 5 years when they're not the new hot thing out there anymore, yet Paul McCartney can come back and play the superbowl halftime nearly half a century after he first hit it big. god forbid they actually decided to bring in someone with real musical talent this year.

sykikchimp
02-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Game was close, and defense is always kinda boring to watch. :-P

plus I didn't like either team.. so kinda boring.

Way to go T.O. McNabb SUCKED.

zero.counter
02-06-2005, 10:08 PM
halftime show was amazing. it seems to me that a lot of you people don't appreciate real music. Paul McCartney is an icon and was a member of one of the most influential bands ever....but then again i'm sure most people would have prefered to see 50 Cent or whoever the new hot rapper out now is. funny thing is that people will forget most of these rappers and their music within the next 5 years when they're not the new hot thing out there anymore, yet Paul McCartney can come back and play the superbowl halftime nearly half a century after he first hit it big. god forbid they actually decided to bring in someone with real musical talent this year.
Remember what the majority of the demographic on this website consists of. These generations are infused with media hype, insensitivity, insecurity, materialistic goals, losing their sense of creativity, lack of understanding of the arts, and so forth.

I agree with your post, but like I stated, many here only know of the beatles by how a rip was used from one of their songs to produce the latest R&B hit... :rolleyes:

MakotoS13
02-06-2005, 10:29 PM
the day i see slayer or soilwork perform the superbowl halftime show is the day i'll thank God for being created. then i could definately die happy.

clean
02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
the mustang commercial was lame, most of the commercials were lame. funniest one was w/ the bear and burt reynolds. i've been playing music since i was 14 (guitar/bass/piano) and love the beatles, but the last thing i wanna hear at a half time show is fkn "hey jude" and "live and let die". they could have done better than that, no need for rap or hip hop, but something alittle more up beat and who cares about seeing janets tit. what kid hasn't seen a nip shot in one of his moms cosmo's or bullcrap media whore papperazi mags, bill stuck a cigar in monica's slimey meat holder. oh yeah yippie pats won, i guess i should be drinking or something, yet i'm not

SimpleSexy180
02-06-2005, 11:03 PM
o boy that cat spilling the sauce cracks me up HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :squint: .........

kazuo
02-07-2005, 01:13 AM
The commercials sucked, I liked McCartney cus I grew up listening to the Beatles (yes, I was born in the 80's but I grew up listening to the Beatles.. thanks mom & dad), and the game was "okay."

Dynasty my ass, you ain't Joe and you ain't the Niners!

HUZZAH

Phlip
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
I love your application of the "you guys don't seem to appreciate real music." You mean to tell me that Paul McCartney could release a CD tomorrow and it would fucking matter? I don't care to see the "hot rapper of the moment" myself, but my opinion on the matter is that it would have been more entertaining, especially in the middle of a game that was a snoozefest. Unfortunately, after the bullshit having taken place last year, they decided that they would find the least boring old fogey they could find

Var
02-07-2005, 09:50 AM
with todays talent i dont mind Paul McCartney....

I'm with you on this one. I'm so sick and tired of seeing crappy pop rap like Lil' Jon and his gang of idiots (like 40 motherfuckers with mics) going on stage and yelling...ya ya ya what what what fuck fuck skeet skeet. STFU!!!
Crunk rap can die and go away

And they're playing the track straight from the cd in the backround without bothering to delete the vocals ..it's usually a big mess with 40 ugly sweaty fools yelling

And then there's Ashlee Simpson. omg..at least she tries to make music but still not ready for the big leagues.

Michael Jackson anyone?

What about a GOOD rap artist? like Mos Def as an example..i dont think he brings the kind of energy needed for a halftime show.(Like Paul M.)

All i can say is. Change the channel during halftime

Andrew Bohan
02-07-2005, 10:34 AM
i watched the kickoff. then i went hiking and found newts. then i came back and surfed the web for a while. then i watched the last 2:15 of the 4th quarter. in any game, those are the only parts worth watching anyway

EvaPrototype
02-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh, come on...you guys loved the Black Eyed Peas in the pregame show....

Paul McCartney was ok, not a great choice, but I guess the NFL really felt they had to make up for last year's fiasco.

The game was an excellent defensive game between two top defensive teams...what did you expect? AFL scoring? Donovan McNabb != Tony Graziano, sorry :p

Best commercial was definitely the cat and the tomato sauce one, and 2nd was the other american mortgage(?) one with the guy on the cell phone that got tazered!

elevator
02-07-2005, 04:27 PM
What about a GOOD rap artist?
That is an oximoron!

nismo2491
02-07-2005, 06:05 PM
glad: agreed

though some stuff is alright, like black eyed peas were cool for pregame. I'm a country fan so of course I liked Gretchen Wilson and Charlie Daniels being there.

as for the game I'm not a fan of either team so.....

as for halftime, nobody watches that shit anyways unless your at a bar. halftime is for getting up and taking a shit, smoking, more food, etc.

I did get to watch the game on an 8.5ft HD screen at my buddies house. gotta love High Def projectors.
best commercial was the ameriquest one, where the guy is in his gf's apartment making dinner and the cat knocks the tomato soup over while hes chopping veggies and he picks it up right as she walks in.

KEvin

nocomedown
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I love your application of the "you guys don't seem to appreciate real music." You mean to tell me that Paul McCartney could release a CD tomorrow and it would fucking matter?
no, probably not. however, the music that he did release in the past (including what he played last night) DID matter.

Var
02-07-2005, 06:45 PM
That is an oximoron!

not impossible but rare. I stopped listening to rap a little bit ago. I need to listen to more rock to influence my band's music, so i dont have time for all these low life mofo's who are getting payed for their image instead of their music.

Salty_X
02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
1. Play old music because old people like it and won't complain about it.
2. ...
3. Profit!

nocomedown
02-07-2005, 08:30 PM
1. Play old music because old people like it
2. Old people don't complain
3. ???
4. Profit!
fixed it for you

Phlip
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Do what I did:
1. Pick a jazz artist
2. Buy ALL their music
3. Move on to the next

... Started with Ronny Jordan, then Herbie Hancock, then Gil Scott-Heron, now I am on Miles Davis, then I will go on to Dr. Donald Byrd and John Coltrane is next.
by doing so, you gain a CONCISE idea of what real music is and using the artists I named, you will have an idea of what a GENIUS really is

PinkPanther
02-07-2005, 11:17 PM
fixed it for you

nocomedown, you took Salty's witty remark out of order and thus destroyed it. He was mocking a great South Park episode where elves took underwear and expected a successfull return on their effort.
1. steal underwear
2. ...
3. Profit!
:faint:

Phlip
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
That is an oximoron!
Please don't go there

brianglawson
02-08-2005, 04:56 AM
im glad paul was there screw the trash thats out nowadays.... granted janet is talented justin is not and isnt of the stature to be at the superbowl ..... its people like paul M. that deserve to be there

nocomedown
02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
nocomedown, you took Salty's witty remark out of order and thus destroyed it. He was mocking a great South Park episode where elves took underwear and expected a successfull return on their effort.
1. steal underwear
2. ...
3. Profit!
:faint:
well i was referring to a different place where i've seen something similar. it's a 4 step process and step 3. is always "???"
now I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. :bigok:

elevator
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Please don't go there
the pregame sucked, the halftime show sucked and ....
I think YOU already did.

Paul M has done more for the music world than ANY rapper has ever imagined. One thing though....he has never been involved in a drive by shooting.

Ms Jackson and Mr Timberlake just caused the NFL people to re-examine what they were pumping out at half-time. It was a good thing. More FAMILIES were able to watch this stuff with their kids in the same room.

Phlip
02-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I think YOU already did.

Paul M has done more for the music world than ANY rapper has ever imagined. One thing though....he has never been involved in a drive by shooting.

Ms Jackson and Mr Timberlake just caused the NFL people to re-examine what they were pumping out at half-time. It was a good thing. More FAMILIES were able to watch this stuff with their kids in the same room.
Actually if you think I did, you thought wrong, my major issue was with with the large assemblage of funny looking children doing...
... wait, what the fuck were they doing? The notion of Alicia Keys and Ray Charles, both more talented artists than McCartney in my opinion, singing was actually a good idea, but I completely missed it for the jokes about the kids, I left the room to get a beer and food

elevator
02-09-2005, 12:05 AM
The notion of Alicia Keys and Ray Charles, both more talented artists than McCartney in my opinion,
I think more have a different opinion than that. Charles is/was one of the greats though... He had a voice that was so distinctive and he was incredibly talented.

I am NOT a Alicia Keys fan though.

kazuo
02-09-2005, 12:21 AM
well i was referring to a different place where i've seen something similar. it's a 4 step process and step 3. is always "???"

Wrong.

In the South Park episode entitled "Gnomes (Underpants Gnomes)", the Underpants Gnomes are a community of underground gnomes who steal underpants, notably from Tweek.

The Underpants Gnomes have a three-phase business plan, consisting of:

Collect underpants
???
Profit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpants_Gnomes

KoukiMonster
02-09-2005, 12:26 AM
ahh so close, what a shame

Phlip
02-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I think more have a different opinion than that. Charles is/was one of the greats though... He had a voice that was so distinctive and he was incredibly talented.

I am NOT a Alicia Keys fan though.
Then we agree to disagree, I listen to a LOT of different music, people stand in front of my rack and this fact becomes immediately obvious. I have my reasons for liking what I like and I, personally, have no problem with Alicia Keys. She can sing, quite well. She can play a piano, damn well... And as a side note she looks good, extremely so.

nocomedown
02-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpants_Gnomes
right, see if you had read what i said, you'd realize i wasn't talking about southpark. i don't waste my time watching that show. i clearly stated that i've seen a similar type of thing in other places. also, the first guy was wrong in the first place because your link shows that it's "???" and not "..." like he originally said. anyways, this is a thread about how Paul McCartney is better than Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, so who really gives a shit?