PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle

SimpleS14
02-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Anyone plan to get one?

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

cali240sxdrifter
02-05-2005, 09:29 PM
A gig for 150 bucks? Damn good price for a name brand product and it looks cool too.

Phlip
02-05-2005, 09:29 PM
no, no thank you

... this thread would have been SO cool if it was one of those "help me win a free one" threads, I like the way those always turn out.

thx247
02-05-2005, 09:34 PM
yep...got one on order. What do you you want to know about them?

SimpleS14
02-05-2005, 09:41 PM
cali240sxdrifter - I was thinking the same....and I wanted to see if anyone else had simliar thoughts.

PHLIP - I've been on here long enough to know that posting a thread LIKE THAT would get me banned.

thx247 - Feedback would be nice...once you get the item. But I don't know how long this thread will stay on the first page. :D

TheTimanator
02-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I think I'd rather just save up and get a 20gb. I don't see the point in buying an ipod with something less. For that matter the ipod mini's make no sense at all!

thx247
02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
buying a shuffle is just a question of how you use an mp3 player.

Shuffle is light enough to use anywhere, odds are the headphones you use with it will be heavier. I'm using Etymotic E4RP's and they weigh as much as the shuffle. People comment on the lack of a screen on the shuffle...you don't need a screen. You plug the unit into your computer to recharge it normally, at that point in time you put new music on or take music off of it. You rarely will find yourself away from your computer when you want to change the style of music you are listening to. Once you've loaded the shuffle with music your set. Set it to play straight through or shuffle mode. Without using a player previously you don't realize how much music 1gig is, or even 512mb. Its very difficult to find enough time in the day to listen to 512mb of music through headphones.

With headphones in you can't hear the phone ring, your car get a flat tire, your coworkers talking to you, people on the bus, alarms...blah blah blah. Its hard to find time in day to day life to shut out the world and just listen to music- so when you do find the time, its very rare imo that you want to change up the style of music you are listening to.

If you are goin to be using your ipod in the car on the stereo in there or something like that, consider getting a mini or a standard ipod. With the size increase and a screen you are afforded the chance to listen to different types of music depending on your mood whatever.

Heartwork
02-05-2005, 11:58 PM
I think I'd rather just save up and get a 20gb. I don't see the point in buying an ipod with something less. For that matter the ipod mini's make no sense at all!

i dont see the point in having 10,000+ songs or whatever the 40G holds......
even with 650 + cd's that i actually have, still makes no sense to buy a 40G

WhiteNissanS13
02-06-2005, 02:23 PM
512mb or 1gb just is too small i just saved up and bought one of these

http://www.mobileread.com/upload/news/2004-06/zentouch.jpg

24 hour battery life and better sound quality than ipod, cheaper too

BoaConChicken
02-06-2005, 02:37 PM

but its just soo ugly. :keke: I have a mini and i think that 4 gigs is just the right size

WhiteNissanS13
02-06-2005, 03:20 PM
i think ipod mini is a waste of money, basically your paying extra for the apple name. :keke: :keke:

i would have gotten the creative zen micro photo over a ipod mini
http://static1.giga.de/media/news/1106057063news.jpg
5gb compared to 4gb
line in recording
fm tuner
Removable BATTERY
Displays photos with more color than ipod photo.

TheTimanator
02-06-2005, 03:40 PM

http://www.mobileread.com/upload/news/2004-06/zentouch.jpg

sounds interesting. cept I have really grown attatched to itunes...heh

I guess for me, a MP3 player is my music library having all the music I own on it. I also rip all my CD's at 320kbps meaning that I can't get even half as many songs as apple says will fit. I guess what I was getting at above is that for my purpose the mini and shuffle are pointless. I also wouldn't understand why someone would own both a standard ipod and a mini or shuffle. But whatever, some people just have money to blow i suspose.

West
02-06-2005, 03:46 PM
I will buy something like the Zen Micro once they have a FM Transmitter built into them.

HyperTek
02-06-2005, 04:09 PM
blah.. i got my free 15gig ipod a few months ago and lovin it... free ipod deal works..

wootwoot
02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
You can find 40 g's on ebay for 320 bucks

mademan
02-06-2005, 06:04 PM
i just bought the shuffle for my fiancee, she's a workout buff and she loves it. She can exercise and listen to books or music at the same time and its so small and compact, they are very nice, i think i may have to purchase one for myself.

Ryan

urbanimpakt
02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
the iPod shuffle sux.
I work at circuit city and I used to work in the basic merch section video games computer games etc etc yadda yadda yadda, now I've been moved back 2 the much more quite and easy warehouse. We've had 4 returned for defects in less then a week plus it can only use apple software 2 upload music. No screen and u cant upgrade or replace the memory w/ other flash memory sticks. And you can just spend the extra whatever and get 4 gigs 20 gigs 40 gigs etc etc.

The reason most people get the bigger storage MP3 players is not normally because they have that much music but they use them as a portable harddrive. I say if u're gonna get a small one make sure its got some of the following, replaceable flash memory, LCD screen, FM tuner, voice recorder, FM recorder or its free

thx247
02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Four being returned for defects doesn't mean anything until we know how many were sold in the first place.

cali240sxdrifter
02-07-2005, 08:57 PM
The iPod is worse. Theres moveable parts in there and is more prone to crash on you. Am saving up for the shuffle, its too cool.

Steeles
02-07-2005, 10:03 PM
see the creative Zens are a better bargin and I dont have to switch everything to iTunes. I really need to go ahead and get one. I work 7-8 hours a day 6 days a week basically by myself... no one around to talk to no phone to answer nothign just me and my work. I'm going crazy sitting inside my own damn head all day. I mean theres only so many ways to chop up a dead hooker. I'm starting to repeat myself. need some tunes. plus my CD player in the car has Aux inputs and its a great way to get the rest of my collection mobile. I just Really want one I can record from an analog source with. I got a couple of classic old mix tapes I'd love to ride with but I have no more tape deck in my car.

HyperTek
02-07-2005, 11:19 PM
there are other programs instead of itunes... I use ehphod to upload and edit teh meta tags on my mp3s.. usually upload mp3s per album instead of just seperate so the tags are organized and show up under albums instead of searching thru individual songs. I just use Itunes to rip cds to mp3.

Teb74
02-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Picked up the 1gb model the other day, I'm already using a powerbook most of the time anyway so all my music is already in iTunes. I'm liking it so far just the earbuds are annoying but an easy fix. Still I want to pick up a 20gb model to have music on and still put a few gigs of digital pic files on it when I cant dump my photos but this 1gb works for now. Great product even though other companies have had similar items out, plus 1 yr warranty so can't beat that woohoo!