PDA

View Full Version : I'm a sellout...I caved in.

Ghettokracker71
01-23-2005, 12:14 PM
I finally caved and bought a FWD Honda yesterday....I know...I know. Its a 2000 Acura Integra 5 speed,B18:) . Its my first honda,and so far I love it. I pick it up completely tomorrow evening,and I look forward to it. I'm still gon' keep my 240,but the max will be up for sale soon enough...

I should have some pics up fairly soon...

Flame away.

nlzmo400r
01-23-2005, 12:37 PM
its an ls B18b or the b18c1 gsr? 2DR-4dr? Lets see some pics, congrats on the purchase.

Ghettokracker71
01-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Its a coupe.B18B1,aka the 'ls motor' wich is non-vtech. Its a GS Special edition,so its the LS drivetrain with the GSR goodies,like interior/exterior.

I test drove a 1999 Type R before I got this one,but I got such a steal on the GS,and I wasn't too impressed with the differences,honestly. I was really surprised at how nice it drove considering its FWD.

Anybody want to buy a low mileage '97 Max SE? Might be a small bit before its for sale.

I saved the online pics from the dealerships website where I spotted it,when I get to use the comp they are on,I'll post 'em.

w1ngzer0
01-23-2005, 01:41 PM
wish you were on the west coast or i would be

ThatGuy
01-23-2005, 02:54 PM
If you decide to Mod it in any way, I hope you enjoy torque steer. Just another reason I don't like FF.

Ghettokracker71
01-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah,the steering is definitely 'heavier' the my 240,but I like it plenty. I'm going to at least do I/H/E/P and lower it a tad bit....I can't stand driving a stock car around for too long,hah.

w1ngzer0
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
good luck with the exhaust... :hsdance:

Ghettokracker71
01-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Explain......:confused:

wootwoot
01-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I think he means the noise that the typical Honda produces. You should just make it into an ls vtec. You know you cant live without some power in the car ;)

clean
01-24-2005, 12:28 AM
good buy, i bought a 97 white 4 door ls for my ex when we were together, nice car. low compression/ long tranny, perfect for a turbo. its a hella strong motor so go get a drag/fmax kit for it. i put i/h/e on hers and she loved it. sure she still has it and i heard she needed a radiator so her new marine bitch bf put it in but used h2o not coolant and not even enough, so needless to say she paid for trading me in for him. shes looking for a new car i guess or motor

evilimport
01-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Yeah,the steering is definitely 'heavier' the my 240,but I like it plenty. I'm going to at least do I/H/E/P and lower it a tad bit....I can't stand driving a stock car around for too long,hah.
You should get a good 7-10 horsepower with those mods!!! SWEEET! :cj:

I owned a '98 GSR and loved the car...still miss her sometimes, though. :cry:

Ghettokracker71
01-24-2005, 07:53 AM
You should get a good 7-10 horsepower with those mods!!! SWEEET! :cj:

If I was looking for something mad crazy fast,or super powerful,I would have just bought an older GSR,or not bought a Honda at all. I just don't like driving stock cars,I/H/E/P are dirt ass cheap on this thing,and open it up a considerable amount. I was doing research on the GS model,and apparently its got the GSR suspension/interior/exterior,with the LS drivetrain...so I think I faired pretty well. A good freind of mine has an N/A LS that is a friken' beast! He was killing at the street races this past w/end,shut down couple of Z28s,swapped s14,countless civics/mustangs...

Either way,I just want something really nice,with some a nice sporty side to it. Something I can really enjoy,and run the hell out of :yum:

ZK
01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
That's the thing about NA, spend $1000, gain 5hp.

Still, Hondas are very fun cars and excellent grip handling.

Ghettokracker71
01-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Hondas are very fun cars and excellent grip handling.

Exactly:rawk:

A cool thing about a Honda/Acura is that parts are dirtass cheap....

drftwerks
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
for mods, whats the p? (i.e i/h/e/p)

aznpoopy
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
integras are awesome cars... i nearly bought one instead of the 240sx. in retrospect i think it would've been a better buy.

for speed, i would gut it to hell, tires+lightweight wheels, lightweight flywheel, final drive. add some suspension and aggressive pads and its track ready. woo hoo!

SRT Motorsports
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
no flames :D It's all love, racing is racing and if it's fun to drive then it's good to own

amen!

nightwalker
01-24-2005, 06:57 PM
I was a Honda Kid in the beginning, and still am. They're really great cars. The new K20 motors are insane! 240hp at the wheels NA, and daily driveable! I've pondered getting an EG.

Good buy.

Wei240
01-24-2005, 07:50 PM
for mods, whats the p? (i.e i/h/e/p)
i'm taking a wild guess and say its lightweight pulleys?

but anyhoo,
there's nothing wrong with integras, my bro has one, it's pretty fun to drive...

wootwoot
01-24-2005, 08:48 PM
That's the thing about NA, spend $1000, gain 5hp.

Still, Hondas are very fun cars and excellent grip handling.

Think about how stupid saying grip driving is before you say it again. :axe:

91CRXsiR
01-24-2005, 10:26 PM
who is more judgemental as car owners? honda owners or nissan owners?

honda owners, cuz they hate honda owners too.
there are two types of honda owners the racers, and the ricers.

the ricers have got to go

everytime honda racers try to come up, some iggnant azz ricer comes and messes sh*t up

you never hear about people who got raped on the track by a ITR or got thier ass handed to them by a Civic B20VTEC NO!

all you hear about are those damned ricers w/ thier huge metal wings and racing stickers

ricers have got to go

HONDAPOWER biatch =)

Jeff240sx
01-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Who was the first one to steal Chris Rock's words and change it to apply to ricers?
Anyway, the LS isn't a bad motor. I don't like it personally. With a vtec head its nice, or a straight gsr motor, or b16. They're all good for one reason or another. LS/Vtec + turbo = raw. B16 + nitrous = happy motor, happy driver. B18b + NA mods = fun to drive. LS is well.. barely cutting it (16 second 1/4 mile when we gtech'd my friend's teg).
But enjoy. Other than paltry acceleration, they're nice cars.
-Jeff

TwoFourO
01-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I just helped my girlfriend find a cheap, nice, LS special edition 2-door 'teg.
The car is so nice to drive compared to my stripped out, loud-as-fouk, s13 hatch. I never ever considered any kind of honda for my own driving purposes but after toying around in her car for a bit after doing an oil change for her while she was out of town, i'm now considering buying a type-r 'teg. I even had a dream about taking out a type-r on a track in my neighbor's backyard last night, haha. So now it has come down to 2002 Audi S4 or 2000 Integra Type-R. Oh yeah, insurance settlements rule as I get to keep my s13 as well with whichever engine platform I choose...he he he. :wiggle:

blu808
01-25-2005, 03:41 AM
you better make that shiet time attack.

lol.

welcome to the original rice club.

joking. hg, turbo, coils, sways, dot r tires, and you will love it.

tegasaurus
01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
highly suggest several kill switches carefully placed throughout the car. Integras occupy i think 7 out of the top 10 most stolen cars. I can vouch for that, me and my buddy's integras got stolen the same time on ASU campus. Buddy's got stolen down the street, list goes on. We all had the basic alarm. I was the die hard honda guy 'till my car got stolen.

eff vtec.so over-rated unless you dump some serious money into it. Just get a cheap turbo setup for it probably get one for about 3500 (exhaust included). and you'll absolutely LOVE the car.

Twinkie
01-26-2005, 12:59 AM
dude...do an LS vtec. you will be a champion under dog. and super sleeper that shit. awesome! have fun witht he new honda and congrats ont he buy.

TK
01-26-2005, 11:27 PM
having owned a ls integra for the past 8 years, LS motor with bolt ons isn't that great. if you plan to keep it non vtec, look into crower cams mainly 404's with spring/retainer kit. mill the head or run a thinner head gasket, hondata or emanage for tuning. one of my good friends is making 160whp with that setup on a stock ls bottom end. match it up with a b16 or itr tranny and you have a nice setup that will have a broader power band then most vtec setups.

as for suspension, look into the oem type r rear sway bar upgrade and bsq or beak's mount kit. makes a hell of a difference with handling.

Ghettokracker71
01-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. One thing I have definitely noticted is a BIG responce from ricers,b/c it looks identical to the GSR,even the special edition badge wich looks exactly like the VTECH badge. I can't drive down the local ricer roads without lowered civics,accords,and every other ricemobile honking at me,staring,revving,giving thumbs ups....etc...And this thing is bone-ass stock! I love it to death though. Torque steer or not,it drives sooo beautifully. It doesn't FEEL as stable footed as my s13,but I've managed right around the same speeds on roads I drive all the time,its just such a different feel. I really do love this car. I miss my s13 alot....but oh well.

Any idea how much a mount kit and bar would cost?

G_Fish240
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
I thought you had to have torque for torque steer ;)

holisticbeatz
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I use to own a DA Integra and EG Civic.. I don't hate Hondas, I just don't like Honda ricers. I don't like Nissan ricers either. But hey, its a free country.

It's a good buy for a daily driver. I feel that Honda parts are more readily available than Nissan parts, and they come at a better price. Have fun with your Integra, whatever you decide to do to it.

evrae205b
01-27-2005, 06:59 PM
i jus dont like fwd.

TK
01-27-2005, 11:40 PM
ghetto, this is the site i bought my mount kit from LINK (http://www.geocities.com/bretq/mounting_kit.html)

this link has all the oem part #'s you'll need for the install
http://geocities.com/bretq/swaybar_install.html

should cost about 100-120 depending on where you buy from.

Cypher5150
01-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry I'm late but I have to say something!!
I have alot of experience building Hondas. I'm with everyone here, I don't hate Hondas, I hate Ricers! First off, nice find!! Teggies are really fun to drive.
Torque steer isn't that bad until you top 200-250hp, Then you just put in the LSD and call it good.
Ok now for the Ls/Vtec fans. If it was such a good idea Honda would have done it. The reason,

"An LS short block is cheap and great to begin with because of the 2mm increase in stroke and decrease in rod ratio. A DOHC VTEC motor has the capability to rev very high, but lacks torque, so bottom-end power is weak. Combine the two, and you have a pretty powerful motor that has a wider powerband. The LS rods are lighter than GS-R rods, and remember that lighter engine components allow the engine to perform better. But be careful, as Dave of Skunk2 states, “An LS block isn’t as strong as a GS-R block. The LS block doesn’t have oil squirters and does not lubricate the pistons, rings, and pins like a VTEC block does. If the LS/VTEC is pushed really hard over a certain amount of time, you’re more likely to run into breakage due to poor motor assembly and improper lubrication. The LS bottom end was also not designed to rev as high as a GS-R, so rev the LS/VTEC safely.”

There is alot more info on The infamous frankenstein swap, Pros & cons.
Its all left to personal taste & of course money. Fact is that the Ls/vtec is not very reliable & will end up costing more in downtime. I know alot of people that just turbo the Ls & leave the Vtec to the motors that came with it. It does respond well to boost, But still longevity is shortened considerably. Not to mention; Do you really want to boost something that top engine builders agree is a "weak block" to begin with?

Again Nice find & good luck!

Ghettokracker71
01-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Wow thanks for all the info/replies....I fucking hate ricers b/c they all worship my car. I can't frikenpull into a parking lot with out some dumbass asking me what I've done to it (Its clearly bone stock),or what I ran/if I want to run....etc. I don't mind the complement,from an honest honda lover or whatever,like 'thats areally clean/nice teg' and stuff,but geesh! These guys never give up. They ask if I want to run,I say no,they ask 10 more times. Then they always get pissed off when they finally realize I'm not looking to run,and try to burnout/show off while leaving :ugh:

ZK
01-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Wow thanks for all the info/replies....I fucking hate ricers b/c they all worship my car. I can't frikenpull into a parking lot with out some dumbass asking me what I've done to it (Its clearly bone stock),or what I ran/if I want to run....etc. I don't mind the complement,from an honest honda lover or whatever,like 'thats areally clean/nice teg' and stuff,but geesh! These guys never give up. They ask if I want to run,I say no,they ask 10 more times. Then they always get pissed off when they finally realize I'm not looking to run,and try to burnout/show off while leaving :ugh:

That's odd. Integras are like as common as Camrys and Accords. My friend's mom drives one and a lot of normal and older people drive them too. I can see a modified one and people ask you to race...

Maybe it's just you. You're attracting them somehow. :p

Ghettokracker71
01-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Maybe it is me,man. Either way its annoying as hell. One motherfucker pulled his car in front of me and blocked me into the space,to ask me to run.........he was driving a mid 90's 4 door 626 auto with a fart pipe !!!!!......ricers:ugh:

sepulchral
01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
i thought u was gunna do rb20!