PDA

View Full Version : E-mail server SUCKS

JasonDMX22
01-22-2005, 08:14 AM
I don't get half my e-mails from sites like paypal ebay and forum mailers

RJF
01-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't get half my e-mails from sites like paypal ebay and forum mailers

We filter for SPAM using RBL lists (Realtime Blacklists of known spammers).

If you don't like our FREE service, then I sugest you you spend some money and find one that you will be happy with.

mrmephistopheles
01-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Darn you Bob. You're so good at saying what I'm thinking (but in a nice way).

Silverbullet
03-17-2005, 02:57 PM
i agree... the email isn't reliable at all. Honestly i think it would be better if u took out the spam filter because I am not getting half of my important Emails (not to mention it's not instant).

RJF
03-18-2005, 11:32 AM
If we took out the SPAM filters you all would be complaining on how slow the Forums are....

Right now we are processing over 20,000+ messages a day, about 1% are valid. Also, hundreds of users that signed up, never check their mailboxes, so the database is continually getting over-sized....And there are the literally over one hundred Zilvia Forum users that have invalid email addresses and who subscribe to threads that can't be delivered.....the server has to process all these undeliverable messages.

I'm starting to consider PINKING anyone who doesn't have a valid email address in their profile.

Should I continue? :rant:

91CRXsiR
03-19-2005, 05:13 AM
u could just reset everyones passwords and send thier new password to thier e-mail... my email was outdated for 3 years.. just barely noticed