PDA

View Full Version : just a question

daverussell
01-20-2005, 08:06 AM
hey guys. just wondering what you guys thought about lambo doors. ricer or not? i was thinking of getting some for my s 13, but just want to hear some opinions. thanks.

TheTimanator
01-20-2005, 08:12 AM
if you do it.....every member on this board will take turns shooting/stabbing/kicking you in the balls

Ghettokracker71
01-20-2005, 08:17 AM
if you do it.....every member on this board will take turns shooting/stabbing/kicking you in the balls

Hey,he is only a state away...I got a big ass steak knife too. Dibs !:whip:

YoungRookie
01-20-2005, 08:30 AM
i got guns n shit:rl:

smellslikecurry
01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
i think theyre hott...im getting lambo doors on my 350z

wootwoot
01-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Troll!!!

iursntgioesmngiop

AkiraDrift
01-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Rice I think....just my opinion!
Do what you want though...its respected!

Phlip
01-20-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't think that Lambo doors are rice...
... As long as they are attached to a Countach, Diablo, Mucielago or Gallardo

SilviaNinja240
01-20-2005, 10:01 AM
If it doesn't improve performance, then its most likely...
http://therice.org/rice/graphicl/cooking1.gif

90RS13
01-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Gallardo's don't have scissor doors from the factory. That's reserved for the Mucielago. So even putting them on a Gallardo is rice to me, cause you're trying to make the car something it's not.

DocTaDrifT
01-20-2005, 10:18 AM
this is like asking if altezzas are rice hmmmmmm i wounder...........

Baka Sama
01-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Just depends on the car man. A s13 w/ lambo doors would look like shit. It just doest go well with the car at all. An FD on the other hand is something else...

KA24DESOneThree
01-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Lambo doors do NOTHING to improve performance, cool, or lighten the car, therefore they are 100% without-a-doubt rice.

TheTimanator
01-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Rice I think....just my opinion!
Do what you want though...its respected!
not respected by me and most of the people who have responded to this thread! :rl: :barf:

MakotoS13
01-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Gallardo's don't have scissor doors from the factory. That's reserved for the Mucielago. So even putting them on a Gallardo is rice to me, cause you're trying to make the car something it's not.

heh, isn't this forum created for and by people that only make our cars into things that they are not? it ain't my bag cause its a lot of effort that could be spent on other more useful stuff BUT i do feel that they A-look cool and B- don't add too mucch weight so C- must be a personal preference.

i put koukis on my car and am having a system that'll weigh under 30 lbs. sure it doesn't help performance but it certainly shouldn't hurt it much at all.

i think its funny how some of you want 215's on 9 inch wide rims yet have the nerve to say this is rice... how many of you folks have bought a set of 9-10 inch rims and put 215's or whatever on em purely for aesthetics?

by your own definition this forum is already plagued with rice... hypocrites.

MakotoS13
01-20-2005, 11:22 AM
if the shoe fits i'd feed it to him.

wootwoot
01-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Solid troll, its hard to believe nobody else has called him out on it. Who goes into a forum and goes to offtopic first to ask such a dumbass question?

Sil Beer S13
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Wow that is gay do it and have fun.

sykikchimp
01-20-2005, 02:19 PM
ehh.. everybodies got a little rice in them.. some more than others.

If it floats your boat mang..

daverussell
01-20-2005, 08:05 PM
wow guys. my first post and i am already hated. i just asked a question, there is no reason to shoot/stab or kick me in the balls. and this was the place where i thought it would get the most replies. i saw some on a 180 on the net and thought it looked hot and besides, all the cars in the veilside line up were sporting the lambo doors. so maybe it is rice, but future plans also include built ka-turbo, kei office coilovers, bride seats, takata harnesses and a cusco cage. is that rice as well? are sil-80's rice? how about s155 on an s14 chassis? a lot of people like those. my car is not going to be a trailer queen, by any means. once i get the experience, i plan to go to as many local drift and auto cross events as possible. but anyway, thanks for the opinions.

DocTaDrifT
01-20-2005, 08:28 PM
well it sounds like you already made up your mind and it sounds like your going to get them for your car so why make this post in the first place? i say if you want to do it just go for it and dont ask other people for their opinions if you dont want to hear them

daverussell
01-20-2005, 08:39 PM
well it sounds like you already made up your mind and it sounds like your going to get them for your car so why make this post in the first place? i say if you want to do it just go for it and dont ask other people for their opinions if you dont want to hear them
the reason why i made the post is to hear what people had to say. i still don't know what i want to do. i like to hear what other people have to say. i appreciate your comments. i really do.

nissandr1ft
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
they'd look sweet on your multicolored ride, just make sure the muffler bearings are in good shape before diving into a project like that.

BSeay
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey,he is only a state away...I got a big ass steak knife too. Dibs !:whip:

Sounds like a car pool ass whoopin to me... im in...with a size 13 shoe!

Phlip
01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
No, he asked if "Lambo" doors were rice, are the doors any less "lambo" because they aren't "scissor"?

daverussell
01-22-2005, 02:52 PM
i'll be at the next drift event at vmp. the one on feb 20. i'd like to introduce myself in person. i have the red/black/silver coupe w/ the silvia front.

nismo2491
01-22-2005, 03:58 PM
dude unless you have the other body mods to back it up they will look out of place. do the performance stuff first then body stuff.
KEVin

dunno
01-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Lambo doors do NOTHING to improve performance, cool, or lighten the car, therefore they are 100% without-a-doubt rice.

What an idiotic definition of rice. That's pathetic. A paint job is rice? How about a stereo? Who are you to say we can't visually improve our cars? One man's rice is another's style. Rice varies in definition from person to person - from my point of view it's an enthusiast who thinks he's the shit and talks down to everyone else without the balls or the horsepower to back it up. Sounds like someone I know...let people mod their cars how they please. It's not going to hurt you.

And for dave...I think it would look sick, but do what you want, man. Let's see some pictures of your car! :)

-Matt

KA24DESOneThree
01-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Don't make me pull out my list of do's and don'ts of modifying cars... it's truly quite long.

What, so now we need horsepower to have opinions? Stuff it, monkey... I voice my opinions as I please.

airsoft
01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
sure.. why not? His car ...

but as for an opinion...
eh... i wouldn't. Rather put the money elsewhere. Nice fishing pole or something.

ThatGuy
01-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Have you climbed into and out of a car with a Vertical/"LAMBO" style door kit? The cars that came with them from the factory are designed for those doors. If you put these doors on your car and get a seat with any kind of side bolsters, you are going to have a very hard time getting in and out of your car. If you are really looking to be unique, just weld up the doors and jump through the window.(Go Duke Boys!! :rofl: ) In short, modifying the doors like this is just a waste of time and money unless you are building a show/demo car.

Good luck with your car, and don't post again if you can't handle honest answers. We don't all like the same things, so don't expect us all to pat you on the back for your brilliant ideas.

Phlip
01-22-2005, 08:30 PM
and to fortify that lat statement, I STILL wanna beat the fuck outta the owner of the last car I bumped my head getting into AND out of on account of poorly thought out door placement

dunno
01-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Don't make me pull out my list of do's and don'ts of modifying cars... it's truly quite long.

What, so now we need horsepower to have opinions? .

Everyone has a list of do's and don'ts. That's a little thing called opinion. One man's rice is another's noodle. And you brought up the horsepower thing when you claimed everything that didn't help performance was rice.

-Matt

AlligatorBling
01-23-2005, 05:55 AM
do you want lambo doors? its your money. do what you want with it... this is the good ole usa, your free to lambo if you wanna lambo... so if your heart wishes.... lambo away. in my oppinion, i wouldnt just for the fact that its too much time and money involved.... but like i said... its your car.... key word your, do what you want, to your car =)

aznpoopy
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
i can't believe someone actually *asked* what zilvians would think of lambo doors...

haven't read the forums much, have you?