PDA

View Full Version : UTI college in Orlando Florida anyone have info??

brianglawson
01-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Im a junior in highschool about to be a senior in a few weeks....graduating early.... want to get out of this place... i have a few friends in orlando going to uti's motorcycle division....did some research on their automotive division...... sounds interesting....anyone here go there...or know anyone who did? anyone form orlando? i thought about going down there in about 5 months to check the scene out:) hows the cost of living and stuff.... just want some general info on the area and the school...and the peeps in the area.....
brian

nissantuner22
01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
orlando is expensive, as far as renting places to live goes... UTI is ok if you wanna go to a technical school.

FastBack 240
01-19-2005, 09:12 PM
I hear UTI is terrible from buddies and other people I have come in contact with that went there. I have never been there myself so I cant make personal references.

brianglawson
01-20-2005, 05:33 AM
well like i said i have buddies living down there going to mti which is part of uti....they have a house they rent..... i wonder how hard it would be for a 17 year old a-b student who graduated early with 2 college courses to find a job?

nissantuner22
01-20-2005, 06:17 AM
not hard, just dont expect a high paying starting wage.

foreverending
01-22-2005, 09:08 AM
orlando isnt expensive, it could be depending on where you go. but i live alone and doing fine.

brianglawson
01-22-2005, 11:29 AM
im anxious to take a trip here in a few weeks down there......... but the lifestyle sounds nice:) just need to line up what i would do about housing

MakotoS13
01-22-2005, 11:29 AM
UTI? so you're gonna be a grease monkey the rest of your life. congratulations, don't plan on spending over 40K annually... ever.

brianglawson
01-22-2005, 12:24 PM
actually, its something i want to do... after my attendance there if i go.....i will most likely come back home for a degree from VT, also as soon as i turn 18 going to night school for a real estate license.... Why not go and learn a few things about something i really truly love working with... it would be a fun experience...also my bet would be a porsche technician would be paid a decent amount......basically what im saying is this isnt for my job future but better yet for my future..... ultimatley would like to be an editor/writer/photographer for a magazine....but im a technical person and i think this would capture my interst more than many things