PDA

View Full Version : testing waters: '98 240 black 5spd SE in TEXAS $5k

ThomasK(austin)
01-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I bought the car not too long ago to use as a daily driver but im bored with it and need to fix the broken turbo on my rb. The car runs perfectly!
Now to the body:
1) BAD hail damage on the hood, roof, and some on trunk
2) bondo job on the fuel door area where it was backed into and attempted to fix by the previous owners friend
3) dent on DS fender about the size of a fist, very easy to bang out im sure

What i would do if i were to keep it:
carbon fiber hood and fix the bondo and fix the top, after that its good to go. around $1100 to do hood and fix the side and top.

Now to the specs:
***64K miles
***5spd!!
***Black!
***SE!
***completely stock, looks brand new on the inside and the engine bay.

so the car has got everything going for it, who doesnt love a kouki!?
Thinking around $5k

email if interested i will take pictures tomorrow.
I will probably NOT answer posts, so EMAIL ME!
[email protected]

Thanks,
THomas

ThomasK(austin)
01-16-2005, 11:52 PM
title is clean by the way. When the hail hit it the damage wasnt enough to total the car. instead of fixing the car, he put the insurance money toward the car payment.
Im the 3rd owner, 2nd owner bought it when it had 18K on it.

ThomasK(austin)
01-17-2005, 05:20 PM
i took pictures, email me for them zilvia wont let me post them big enough to see anything. or if someone gives me a good file hosting site i can use that.

ThomasK(austin)
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
pics are here:

http://ImageEvent.com/thomask

some didnt turn out very well, the drivers side is practically perfect except the dent in the fender, but you cant see much because it was getting dark.

zero.counter
01-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Bump for a good (and very local) deal. Trading possible???

ThomasK(austin)
01-17-2005, 07:35 PM
unfortunalely i need money to fix my rb and pay for some of school, but thanks for the bump

i forgot the car has new polk speakers and new tires which i have the warranty info from the previous owner.

Thanks,
Thomas

igotswansons
01-17-2005, 08:33 PM
good for a body guy.. hate to see koukis go through so much hell... priced kinda high tho.. 5k for that much damage.. you're looking at a shitload of money to fix the bondo job, get all those dents out, repair the fender and repaint the whole car...

ThomasK(austin)
01-17-2005, 11:08 PM
yea someone with a body shop hook-up will get a great deal. I dont think im asking too much considering the mileage, color, model, and 5spd. If i wasnt up to my neck in debt i wouldnt sell it.

rfbokle
01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
im thinking more like 2500 to 3k max. Lot of work needs to go in this car, but hey thats just my opinion. Good luck with the sale

C.
01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Is there any structural damage in the rear? Or is it only superficial (i.e. just the metal panel). I'm interested in the car, but i agree that 5K is a lot considering the amount of damage is has. My e-mail is [email protected], let me know.

ThomasK(austin)
01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
no there is no structural damage, when it was backed into it just kinda curled the panel in, it was not "hit" per say just "pushed" enough to bend the panel in and attempted to fix with bondo and apparently failed to complete.

C.
01-18-2005, 06:46 PM
so, are you flexible with the price?

ThomasK(austin)
01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
as of now i will only go down a few hundred bucks, there are several interested.

IIIM slow
01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
hahahahah the irony, was this car for sale a few months ago...i could swear it looks familiar! And the guy was askin for 3k? I still have pics of this in my email when i emailed the pervious owner about this car....same exact car! HHAHAHAHA this is toooo funny! :hahano:

fandango
01-28-2005, 10:25 PM
in the process of buying this car right now. did the previous owner list any problems with the car other than the hail damage? there doesn't seem to be any (other than the hail damage) but any info you could remember would be helpful

EDIT: never mind.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=68410&highlight=hail

d4vech3n
01-28-2005, 11:00 PM
A super rare non-sunroof kouki SE. That's JDM, it'd be a steal if it werent for the hail damage on the roof.

igotswansons
01-29-2005, 03:35 PM
that guy was willing to deliver it too..

kabukie
01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
in the process of buying this car right now. did the previous owner list any problems with the car other than the hail damage? there doesn't seem to be any (other than the hail damage) but any info you could remember would be helpful

EDIT: never mind.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=68410&highlight=hail

WOW....someone just got "OWNED".....LOL

fandango
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
WOW....someone just got "OWNED".....LOL

:goyou: doubt it. with the hail damage repaired the kouki could easily sell for twice what i am paying for it. no reason not to put a little "sweat equity" into something that could be a killer project or a reasonable investment. can't hate on thomas for trying to make a profit fairly by capitalizing on a good deal.

ThomasK(austin)
01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Yea when i saw this car for sale, i needed a daily driver to back up the rb25 240 i was driving everyday (which sucked). I picked it up almost immediately after he posted it for sale. After buying it, my rb25 blew a turbo, now im going all out on the rb25 buying huge turbo, power fc, injectors, fmic, the works. And the only way to do this is to sell the s14 i just freakin bought. am i going to give it away for $3K what i paid.....no. am i going to sell it for what the car is worth in the current market for 240's, yes. the car is wonderful and if my rb didnt freakin break on me id still be driving it. But the rb is way too much fun for me to just look at it without fixing it.
Fandango(Eric), your getting a great car, i love it to death, i only ask that you take care of it. Just FYI i havent even seen 5Krpms on this thing or taken any of the rubber off the tires, i dont treat my Daily drivers like crap because i depend on them. The rb, on the other hand, well, thats why its broken.

ThomasK(austin)
01-30-2005, 10:38 PM
The previous owner even said he could sell it for more when i went to look at it, he just wanted to give someone a good deal. He was a real nice guy.

ThomasK(austin)
01-30-2005, 10:46 PM
I also got offered $5k after i verbally sold it to Eric(fandango), but eric is a nice guy and im not an ass to back out and sell it to someone else.

IIIM slow
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
YAP!!! Good a$$ deal, you went to see the car noonish that day, i got off work at 430 went to see it, and he told me he had just sold it! I knew it was a steal and i have a hook up with a body shop so i knew it was a good deal, but if i had bought this i wouldave never gotten my DC2 Type R which i love to death...if the car has already been sold, even at 5k lol this car is a good deal, ntn wrong with it but the body damage that was mentioned!! Funny thing is last dude who was selling it...his name was thomas too hahaha like i said this is funny $hit to me!! :rofl: lmao the irony!!