PDA

View Full Version : Best car makeover show

Phlip
01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Hands down, I call it "Overhaulin" on TLC, I have grown weary of "Chimp My Ride" and I have been tired of Funkmaster Flex's rides since before he started making over cars for the stars, what is you guys' opinion?

2pac owns a 240w/sr20det
01-15-2005, 07:49 PM
You must die for watching any of those shows ..
hahaa .. its cool though, I would also pick rides .. if my life depended on it .. and it does .

Phlip
01-15-2005, 07:55 PM
No, I make a point of having stopped watching Rides, Chimp My Ride and that other one, the only one I can watch is "Overhaulin"

ThatGuy
01-15-2005, 08:38 PM
"Overhaulin" is hands down the best show. I'm actually quite interested in what Chip Foose would do with a 240sx. It's bound to be better then that horrible display put on by "Pimp My Ride".

Phlip
01-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Dude, I agree far too much, pepper in the fact that my first favorite cars, before the 240SX even existed were the 1965 Pontiac GTO and the 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo, and the fact that Overhaulin has done BOTH of those to this point and it all gets better to me

ThatGuy
01-15-2005, 09:03 PM
My Dad and I built a '55 Chevy when I was growing up. I've always had a passion for cars, and HotRods in general, so Chip Foose was the man to me well before Overhaulin' came out. I'd be happy just having a piece of his artwork, perhaps a rendering of my car in his mind.

IGSDann
01-15-2005, 09:28 PM
What's wrong with Rides? I think it's pretty damn good and entertaining. And of course, Overhaulin' is the best make over show evar... Monster Garage kinda sucks now... Full Throttle or Open Throttle or whatever it's called with the Twins Turbo guys is also great, it's on the History Channel

Got Sileighty?
01-16-2005, 07:04 PM
i think pimp my ride is still the most entertaining. and that 240sx was the owner's fault. he wanted his car to look like the one in NFSU2, and thats what he got, cant blame WCC for that. overhaulin is pretty good too, it doesnt hurt that they have courtney hansen as a co-host

rule #1:
http://www.overhaulin.com/images/team_courtney.jpg
:boink:

sorry couldnt find a better pic...

Phlip
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
^^^ I implore you people, PLEASE stop thinking with your dick!!! Chimp my ride is a tasteless overapplication of electronics and chrome... Funkmaster Flex shows off how little HE actually knows as the host of his own show, rides? meh... Monster garage just doesn't count to me, they aren't rebuilding anything, they are making them into cheaply produced frankensteins... Overhaulin does it for me for the same reason it does Thatguy; I grew up around cats who drove 70's model Chevys and GM products, and that it what I was initially interested in myself, so I looked at the Hot Rod and Super Chevy magazines, like anyone else who did on a regular basis, Chip Foose is a LEGEND to say the very least. I have yet to see them go wrong on that show, I have only seen 3 ownsers as long as I have been watching it get their cars and NOT cry, they do the cars the way they are to be done, not some tasteless overpresentation of bullshit audio/visual excess.

ThatGuy
01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Amen, PHLIP. Tell it like it is!!!

Got Sileighty?
01-18-2005, 12:23 AM
yea i agree, overhaulin produces more tasteful cars. but i was lookin at the show themselves. i think overhaulin kinda drags sometimes. ehh just my 0.02

THX1138
01-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I gotta throw in with the boys from NC, "Overhaulin" is miles ahead of all the others. "Pimp my Ride" is just silly and annoying, and serves no purpose whatsoever but to remind me why I haven't willingly watched MTV since way back when "Ren & Stimpy" moved to Nickelodeon. The only vehicle I've seen on that show that I wouldn't set fire to is the VW surfbus. "Tuner Transformation" could be good if it had A) a real production budget and B) folks who knew more about the cars they're modifying than I do. I think I was pleasantly surprised with the progress on the STi episode until they yanked the Brembos off and put on some rotors with more holes than a colander. Damn Canadians...

"Overhaulin", on the other hand is just about perfect. Because it's an hour-long show, they can go into detail that just isn't possible on the shorter shows. They do stuff that looks good, performs well, and is functional and durable. The crews take pains to make sure stuff gets done right, and the designs are clean and attractive in a way that doesn't scream "2004 TV car!" My first car back in late-80s high school was a 260Z, but I do enjoy a lot of domestics from the 50s to early 70s. Hell, some of my best friends then had cars I'd be proud to have to this day, from a 4-door 1957 Bel Air to '65 and '67 Mustangs, a '67 Camaro RS, and a '69 Chevelle. Sure, I'd be interested in seeing what Chip Foose might do with a 240, or an S30 Z or MkIII Supra, but if they continue to do mostly cool domestics I won't complain. It's just a good show, simple as that.

Steeles
01-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Whats wrong with Rides? to me its just as good as overhaulin. they are the only ones I watch. matter of fact I'm pissed I just realized I missed Overhaulin. I'll catrch the later show in a bit here. chimp my ride and whats the on on history channel with the twins absolutly sucks. WCC has some skills and good imagination but they have GOT to stop letting MTV dictate what to do to the cars.

Chip Foose is a fucking madman. I love his stuff. the car him and his dad did for Chris Titus on that was featured on Rides and the barracuda he did for Joe Rogan are simply incredible.

Phlip
01-18-2005, 10:14 PM
The shit they did to Lance Armstrong's GTO (my first ever favorite car) on Overhaulin was really fuggin hot too

revat619
01-19-2005, 12:42 AM
I agree with you 110%!! Overhaulin' is the only one worth watching. I love the 60s and 70s muscle cars. My dad was really into them and still is, so i guess he sorta influenced me. We watch it together every now then too. That show rocks!

scruffy63
01-19-2005, 06:08 AM
don't any of you guys watch tuner transformation. That is by far my fav. since i'm not really a muscle car fan. tt is like overhaulin for sport compact cars.

Phlip
01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
I tried watching Tuner Transformation, and I was repulsed into changing the channel because of how little they know.

Twinkie
01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Overhaulin is awesome. they do their stuff correctly. west coast customs is a bunch of meat heads that do ugly ass jobs. they doo good jobs only sometimes.

FastBack 240
01-19-2005, 03:02 PM
:boink:

sorry couldnt find a better pic...

Nuff said.
http://www.courtneyhansen.com/images/pg1-6lg.jpg
http://www.courtneyhansen.com/images/pg1-5lg.jpg
http://www.courtneyhansen.com/images/pg1-1lg.jpg
http://www.courtneyhansen.com/images/pg1-42lg.jpg
http://www.courtneyhansen.com/images/pg1-2lg.jpg

:cj: :cj: :cj: