PDA

View Full Version : my dog is dead

Andrew Bohan
01-14-2005, 06:15 PM
my mom just told me they had to bring her to the vet yesterday to put her down.

what a sad thing to know that you're bringing your own dog to its death. i'm glad i didn't have to do it.

she was getting old and had cancer in her nipples and bladder.

we had her since she was a puppy. i was in fifth grade. her mother was my uncle's dog, but when my uncle got sick and went to the hospital, the dogs were split amongst his sisters to take care of. my uncle died later that year, so our dog was a constant reminder of him.

now she is buried under my uncle's last christmas tree, which is in my parents' back yard. my uncle wanted a live tree for his last christmas so we could take it back home and plant it.

my dad made a nice box for her and carved her name in it.

i'm too sad to keep typing.

mjjstang
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
if you need an E shoulder to cry on Im here for ya, I hate losing pets, jeeZ i cant imagine how its gonna be when mine dies, I had enough trouble getting through the hampster incident, your dogs in a better place though,

evilimport
01-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Dude that sux man... been there before for sure....

SilviaNinja240
01-14-2005, 08:13 PM
that's hard. I don't know what I would do if one of my pets died. My condolences :(

AutoRnD
01-14-2005, 08:34 PM
damn bro!!! that blows.. freaking ur fc dies and now your dog does too =*(

this weekend we are putting one of our dogs to sleep as well
she is 20 years old
and she has glaucoma
loss of hearing
loss of sight
arthritis...
=*(

Andrew Bohan
01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
my car has been brough back to life.

my dog had lots of things wrong with her. she got in a fight with a possum and lost an eye, then she started going deaf too. my parents spent so much money on the vet in the last year with cancer tests and treatments too. all for nothing in the end.

thanks for the condolences. especially josh, that's the first nice thing you ever said to me :fawk:

2pac owns a 240w/sr20det
01-14-2005, 09:03 PM
SOrry to hear that.
My pitbull is getting old too, soon she'll be put down * tear *

IGSDann
01-14-2005, 09:11 PM
My deepest sympathies, 2 years back my dog was put down, it was pretty tough to go through... But life goes on. It's what's best for the dog. Again sorry man.

fastpace
01-14-2005, 09:21 PM
That really blows man. I hope that you and your family will find peace. I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. I loved my dog so much, we haven't got a dog sense. Keep your spirits up.

MakotoS13
01-14-2005, 09:51 PM
dude... its a fuggin animal...

evilimport
01-14-2005, 10:11 PM
How does a dog get cancer in its nipples....??

Andrew Bohan
01-14-2005, 10:12 PM
i'm gonna go to your funeral and say that :mrmeph:

MakotoS13
01-14-2005, 11:10 PM
people are not animals and i dont' give a flyin nun what PETA wants me to think.

i am slowly murdering all of my neighbor's cats because they get on my car... animals are just uncooked entrees :) alright i wont rain on your pity party anymore.

continue.

wootwoot
01-14-2005, 11:12 PM
dude... its a fuggin animal...

Oh come on I know you are usually a dick(and love being one) but be nice.

We had to put my dog to sleep last saturday, still really bummed about it. I see his bowl empty and think to put food in it and when I come home I have whistled once or twice for him on accident. Shit sucks. I had him since I was four and he was two when we got him. Probably eighteen or something along those lines. =( :hug: :wtc: :sadwavey:

1121S13
01-15-2005, 12:47 AM
my dog always goes to sleep...

lost an eye to a possum?
dayum my dog eats those for breakfast.

nismo2491
01-15-2005, 01:40 AM
makoto have you ever had a dog for more than a year or 2? if so you get attached and they become a member of the family.
KEvin

Andrew Bohan
01-15-2005, 02:48 AM
my dog used to be badass. she would kill possums and rabbits all the time and fight with other dogs. but when you're 105 years old it's hard to be badass anymore.

FRpilot
01-15-2005, 12:17 PM
LoL. thats 105 in doggy years. i didnt know you had a dog andrew.. sad thing to know.. RIP andrews dog

MakotoS13
01-15-2005, 01:36 PM
makoto have you ever had a dog for more than a year or 2?

no, i don't like pets. i had a few in the past and the only time i got sad was when one died and i was like 7... big effin deal

stupid humans left my guinea pig in a hot car while they went in to get some food for like an hour in the texas heat... the suffering of anything is intolerable to me. if something dies due to natural causes that's NATURE.

mrmephistopheles
01-15-2005, 02:25 PM
*insensitive attempt at the funny*
Your DOG IS DEAD
and NO ONE CARES
If there is a hell
I'll see you there

*serious*
That sucks, Drew. My dobie died last year.. we'd had him since '93. Great dog. Dumb as a brick but loyal as hell.

Makoto - just because you don't care about it doesn't mean you need to shit on him. I agree that animals aren't nearly as important as humans, but I still see emotional value in them. Many other people put alot of emotional value on their animals. It doesn't make them any less intelligent or worthy of your sympathy.

tokesĀ¹
01-15-2005, 03:15 PM
sorry to hear about your dog man

ThatGuy
01-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Drew, my deepest appologies. I've lost 2 dogs in my short life. The first was a Weimaraner who had stomach cancer. we put him down at 14 yrs old. The second was a Black Lab/German Shepard Dog(mutt!) who got hit by a truck. They said he would never walk again, and might not be able to eat normally (shattered jaw), so we had to put him down as well. I'm getting ready to lose another dog soon, but fortunately I'm just finding him a new home, not putting him to sleep. My German Shepard Dog and my new house won't go well with each other, unfortunately. I hate to give him up, but my daughters need a better house, which means he has to go.

Makoto, STFU! To some of us a pet is another member of the family, something no one wants to lose.

MakotoS13
01-15-2005, 09:29 PM
BARRY, now thta was just uncalled for. of course no one wants to lose anything. ah screw it... apathy wins.