PDA

View Full Version : I crashed my baby *PICS*

jsr20det
01-07-2005, 10:59 PM
I was heading home, cruising at around 30mph a block away from my house, when a red car infront of me braked really hard. That forced me to brake hard, but unfortunately, I braked on an ice+slush+ mixture. I swerved, avoiding oncoming traffic, and lied down next to a parked Celica. The red car honked twice and drove away.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Jsr20det/20050107_0001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Jsr20det/20050107_0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Jsr20det/20050107_0003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Jsr20det/20050107_0005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Jsr20det/20050107_0006.jpg

Nobody got hurt, everything is fine, the police took care of everything except my car.

I plan to do most of the bodywork myself since I'd save a lot of money this way for other repairs.

If anybody is selling 95-99 2g White body panels, hood, suspension, please let me know. I'd Greatly appreciate it.

Adikt
01-07-2005, 11:11 PM
gotta love this chicago weather

Ritz S14
01-07-2005, 11:14 PM
DAMN!!! That totally sucks. Hope you get it up and running man.

Drift101
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
damn NATURE!! We'll get you back for this!!!

Oh wait, we already are..... die ozone, warm up globe! We know we are going down, so you're coming with us!

Oh yeah, sorry about your car, as long as you had full coverage insurance, you should be okay.

Jessi
01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey.. just to help you out with this one. The same thing pretty much happend to me. Except the chick I hit had no brake lights and no drivers license. She left the scene of the accident and I got my fine dropped because of it. She owns me $3,000 still. If you got the license plate number, I hope you can do something about it like I could. I don't think I'll ever see my $3,000, but hey.. at least she has a hit & run on and her THIRD offense for driving without a license.

Sorry about your car. :(

zaneithan
01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
damn man, you just got that thing too :( :( sorry to hear it

s13irdie2
01-07-2005, 11:47 PM
damnn that sucks.. hope everything works out for you restoring your car.

Twinkie
01-08-2005, 12:30 AM
damn NATURE!! We'll get you back for this!!!

Oh wait, we already are..... die ozone, warm up globe! We know we are going down, so you're coming with us!

Oh yeah, sorry about your car, as long as you had full coverage insurance, you should be okay.

thats a pretty bold statement...just for the pleasure of us and our cars?? thats really dumb. with us humans killing nature, one day were all gonna die because of it...not the other way around.

anyway, good luck on getting your car fixed and up n running. sorry to here about the tragedy.

240trainee
01-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Hey.. just to help you out with this one. The same thing pretty much happend to me. Except the chick I hit had no brake lights and no drivers license. She left the scene of the accident and I got my fine dropped because of it. She owns me $3,000 still. If you got the license plate number, I hope you can do something about it like I could. I don't think I'll ever see my $3,000, but hey.. at least she has a hit & run on and her THIRD offense for driving without a license.

Sorry about your car. :(

You know, if you take her to court agan, you can demand payment on a regular basis. If you get the ruling, she has to pay, or else faces jail time. I'm not a big one for court, but $3,000 is alot of car parts. hahaha

nlzmo400r
01-08-2005, 07:46 AM
My friend rearended a cavilier in his white 2g eclipse and we ended up doing all the work we had, with the parts that had already been wrecked. It wasnt as bad as yours, but now, other than misalignment you can't even tell it was wrecked. Did you have full coverage? Sorry to hear about the accident, best of luck.

iyceman
01-08-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm still pissed about the dude who put me into a guard rail and ran. I swear, the next person who tries to flee the scene when they're in an accident with me better hope that my car is TOTALLY fucked or I will catch them.

WILDACEX187
01-08-2005, 12:09 PM
another reason why snow fukkkin sux!!!!!!

Jessi
01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
You know, if you take her to court agan, you can demand payment on a regular basis. If you get the ruling, she has to pay, or else faces jail time. I'm not a big one for court, but $3,000 is alot of car parts. hahaha

The hard thing about that is, she didn't even have an address. She did, but she never changed it at the post office. I'm sorry if this is confusing. What happend was, we did get her plate number.. the cops ran it.. and went to the address on the plates. Come to find out, she moved out of there, but never changed her address at the post office. I'm not sure if the cops have ever made contact with her, which I doubt they did. I do have her first and last name.. but if we don't know her address. I think it will be hard to get ahold of her to tell her that I'm taking her to court.

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

evilimport
01-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Snow sux.... luckily I'm in FL...oh, crap hurricanes...never mind.

mrmephistopheles
01-09-2005, 12:24 AM
This is why ABS was invented.

jsr20det
01-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I think that for my situation, I did the best possible thing I could've done. I avoided the car in front of me, avoided a pedestrian to my right, avoided on coming traffic, and hit an old gen Celica. I owe it all to the countless hours I spent behind the drifting physics of GT3.

Hey, thx for all your support. Of course, an accident always involves 2 parties, each with their own faults. But if you speak from experience, you know where i'm coming from. I'm doing my best to get her back up and running.

I hope nothing internal is damaged, but from the looks of it, its just the shocks that split apart. Me and some good buddies are gonna look more into it today.

driftyour40
01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey, thx for all your support. Of course, an accident always involves 2 parties, each with their own faults. But if you speak from experience, you know where i'm coming from. I'm doing my best to get her back up and running.

That’s not really true one of my accidents I hydroplaned into a guard rail and the other I was stopped at a signal (full and complete stop) and some lady rear ended me so it's not always 2 parties.

Anyhow that sucks about you car and all, but I'm sure you'll have it up and running soon, best of luck

nismo2491
01-11-2005, 12:57 PM
you actually want 97-99 front bumper and headlights otherwise you are going to have the "smily face" front bumper.
KEvin

nistech
01-12-2005, 12:11 AM
that sucks i m sorry for ur accident but do u also have a 240 or somethingi dont know why someone would be on zilvia not any eclipse forums just wondering

zaneithan
01-12-2005, 11:48 AM
that sucks i m sorry for ur accident but do u also have a 240 or somethingi dont know why someone would be on zilvia not any eclipse forums just wondering

if i remember correctly his mom had to sell his 240 to pay bills while he was away and bought him that eclipse for xmas. dont see what it matters though

nismo2491
01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah in addition to the 240 forums, I post on supraforums, subaru, and bmw and my 240sx isn't even driveable right now, I drive a cavalier. just so long as they aren't a troll or anything other people are always welcomed.
KEvin

brokenben
01-12-2005, 01:29 PM
silvia front end!

jsr20det
01-12-2005, 11:45 PM
update!:

she's coming along nicely. With some help from outsiders and friends, she should be fully running sometime this weekend. Fully restored by the end of this month.

Anywho, the upper control arm + spindle went bad. Lucky me, it could've been worse.

oldest trick in the book - Go to a professional with experience. Have him check it out, pretend like your gonna get it done there. Walk out with the estimate, and do everything DIY.

Estimate for suspension - $1200
Estimate for bodywork - $700.
Getting it professionally checked, buying parts through your resources, and getting it installed by longtime friends - Almost Priceless (well its still $300, but i saved well over a grand).

All in all, with the money i'm saving, its going right back in the car. :Ownedd:

Ghettokracker71
01-13-2005, 08:24 AM
.....Damn...

SRT Motorsports
01-13-2005, 03:53 PM
good luck hope you get it running soon