PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Boost Controller Question:

katbak
01-07-2005, 01:55 PM
~~~Edit~~~, Please answer:

For some reason even when I put my boost controller in the "off" mode, it will still run ~18 psi without even coming close to redlining it. It just recording me pulling 22.3 psi of boost (and yes I'm reading it right)...
I have no idea what else to say.

Thank you...

~First post, just thought I'd say hi, but serious question...

I have the greddy profec b spec II boost controller in a SR20det 240...
I bought the car not knowing anythign about much of the electronic controllers but I read the manual etc about the boost controller.

I set the first setting (it adjucts the rate of the valve unit that contolls the boost) at 25%

Ok now the real part is - the second setting, "Gain" by the manual it says "adjusts the sensitivity of the valve control" - "when a boost spiek occurs, lower the gain, when it falls off at high rpm, raise it". "By increasing gain value, it WILL increase the boost"

So I set this to a low 20%

The third setting is "Start Boost" or "Set Gain"
in the manual it says "This feature basically adjusts when to start opening the wastegate"
"If the START boost is closer to the SET boost value, the spool up will be faster, if it is TOO close, it will cause the boost to spike"
Mine is set at 10 psi

I don't know if this is "Spiking" or what can be done to avoid this but my boost goes up really quick.
Basically, if I'm in 3rd gear about 2000 revs away from redlining (that would be 4500) it will hit something over 10 lbs of boost.
I raced my car and barely (or didnt) redline it, and it has recorded me boosting 18 lbs...

I was liek wholy shit, before I knew exactly what I could do with a boost controller I'd predicted I'd set a "max", if it had one, to 14 lbs...
I'm hitting 14 lbs on a daily drive just with high acceleration.

My car has a lot of engine mods and it can handle it obviously because my engine hasn't turned into fireworks, but I don't like the thought of running so much boost.

Is there something that I'm not getting, can I set something so that my boost doesnt rise so quickly or anything like this. I might sound like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about because I only learned about the boost controller a few days ago, so sorry for the newb post.

Thanks alot,
Katbak
:werd:

NZO
01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=67585944&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

katbak
01-07-2005, 06:45 PM
bad link? please post again, thanks.

NZO
01-08-2005, 01:33 AM
Works for me, just look for the profecb thread in the 'best of' forum.

katbak
01-08-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't know... That didn't really help me I've read the same stuff before. I have set the gain to 0% (which means stock boost) but it still boosts up very high.... And I set the warning to about 10-12 lbs and the lower % to 25% and it seems like it still does nothing, I can hit 15 lbs at 4000 revs...
Any help?

katbak
01-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Is my boost controller just reading wrong? how can I tell?
:-\