PDA

View Full Version : Starter problem

aa87
01-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Ok, my car dead at some gas station, but ive been having trouble starting the car, like you'll hear the click of the relay but no go on the starter, but if you kept doing it, it will finally start cranking up

but at the gas station, it wouldnt crank, so i took apart the steering column, because i thought my key cylinder is bad, because you can start the friggin car with a screw driver, not good at all, and i accidently touched some connections together with my key, causing a flurry of sparks and all my guage lights to go out, any help on both of these issues. I was tapping the starter like crazy, not sure if the cure is a new starter and a few fuses/relays, but any insight? Also, anybody wanna part a starter, thanks for reading my semi-rant, seeking advice. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

projectRDM
01-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Buy a starter and replace the fuses that you blew.

It's not rocket science.

Inland180
01-02-2005, 10:33 PM
thats pretty much it ...ohh yeah and quit banging your starter!!!!!!!!!! will do no good

aa87
01-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok, i think i found the relay, the ACC one, but would that be it if my cluster went out and basically key cylinder and everything? im about to run to the dealer to get a new one, i hate my car sometimes, but shit happens, o well.

aa87
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
bump, anybody wanna shed soem light for my dumb inexperienced ass, its not the ACC one.

sepulchral
01-04-2005, 06:36 PM
check the tie rods

aa87
01-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Eh?

Relay/fuse that is regulated to the key cylinder = ? Location? Under drivers side kickpanel?