PDA

View Full Version : Racing movies

95Blue240sx
12-30-2004, 01:45 AM
Ever seen the legend of speed 2? it's a pretty good as a movie, and as a car thing. its not all panzy like what we go here in the US, too fast and too stupid. The action was cool, the story was kinda typical, but was all enjoyable.

What other movies are out there like this? I know there is one with jackie chan and the GTO. What else!!

-E-
12-30-2004, 02:14 AM
never seen it

HyperTek
12-30-2004, 02:17 AM
can i dl these anywhere? I wanted to see both

95Blue240sx
12-30-2004, 07:07 AM
I was hoping that it would be on a torrent site, but all the sites are offline.

monkeyspeed
12-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Redline

it's about a drug dealer/thief who drives a silvia with the movie set in australia...the car is a large part of the movie, but the script and the plot are shitty...i picked it up at Hollywood video for $2...

kurenai
12-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Ever seen the legend of speed 2? it's a pretty good as a movie, and as a car thing. its not all panzy like what we go here in the US, too fast and too stupid. The action was cool, the story was kinda typical, but was all enjoyable.

i think i saw legend of speed 1 at some point. the opening race scene was ok, but i couldn't see much other merit in the film. :(
oh, and i HATE ekin. :rl:

I know there is one with jackie chan and the GTO.

Thunderbolt
IMDB link here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114126/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj 0wfHE9dGh1bmRlcmJvbHR8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=38; fm=1)

S14DB
12-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Redline

it's about a drug dealer/thief who drives a silvia with the movie set in australia...the car is a large part of the movie, but the script and the plot are shitty...i picked it up at Hollywood video for $2...
I got mine out of the bargan bin at walmart.

aa87
12-30-2004, 09:28 AM
I know this isnt a race movie but in one jackie chan movie, a chick drives an evo like crazy!

SimpleSexy180
12-30-2004, 10:16 AM
I know this isnt a race movie but in one jackie chan movie, a chick drives an evo like crazy!

lmao, she did a 180 reverse park!! woo hoo!! hotness!

You guys ever watch American Graffitti, its not really racing..but i think its a good movie for the time..they should do a up-to-date version.

Harlequin
12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
It's all about vanishing point

PinkPanther
12-30-2004, 01:18 PM
It's all about vanishing point

Hell yeah. Challenger+good plot= good entertainment

the head
12-30-2004, 01:46 PM
the original Italian Job was damn good some crazy ass driving scenes

ZK
12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
I saw Legend of Speed 2. It rather sucked in terms of realism. And the plot follows the usual martial arts movie story line. Guy loses, goes off to learn new techniques and get better, comes back and beats the bad guy... It also played a lot on the Evo vs WRX rivalry as the good guy has an Evo and the bad guy drives a WRX and his whole group has Subarus.

Too bad, the movie had some potential.

nightwalker
12-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Legend of speed is kind of blehhh. BTW, that Japanese movie with Tsuchiya in it, you know, the one with the Black R33 skyline. Don't buy it. Sucks major balls.

nocomedown
12-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I saw Legend of Speed 2. It rather sucked in terms of realism. And the plot follows the usual martial arts movie story line. Guy loses, goes off to learn new techniques and get better, comes back and beats the bad guy... It also played a lot on the Evo vs WRX rivalry as the good guy has an Evo and the bad guy drives a WRX and his whole group has Subarus.

Too bad, the movie had some potential.
how lame, the good guys should have had the Subies...Mitsus are nowhere near as cool

holisticbeatz
12-30-2004, 07:04 PM
There's this one movie. I forgot the name.. starring Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.. you guys know what I'm talking about? It slips my mind at the moment, but it was an awesome movie!

gorgasm
12-30-2004, 07:16 PM
I like the original Gone in 60 Seconds. Not the one with Nicholas Cage.

JtWo
12-31-2004, 02:27 PM
^^ I didn't like the mach 1 mustang...Shelby = teh sex

Anyone seen RPM? I don't really like the storyline (but my family did...iono), but there were nice cars.

mjjstang
12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
im watching fast and the furious right now well just to pass time, but it does remind me of the fun i had working on my car and what fun ill be having come spring again, gets me back in to the whole car mood, nevermind the super super lame ass movie part about it, call me queer for watching it,

NismoSilvia270R
01-01-2005, 01:31 AM
^^ I didn't like the mach 1 mustang...Shelby = teh sex

Anyone seen RPM? I don't really like the storyline (but my family did...iono), but there were nice cars.

isnt that the one with the car that supposedly had some new age engine, but was really a ford big block?

SlideStar
01-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Legend of speed is kind of blehhh. BTW, that Japanese movie with Tsuchiya in it, you know, the one with the Black R33 skyline. Don't buy it. Sucks major balls.

Best scene is where he learns to drift in a dirt field with this new r32... then beats Tsuchiya on the track. :rofl:

The original gone in 60 seconds was sweet, just because the car chase was more than two thirds the movie.

AlligatorBling
01-01-2005, 05:25 PM
im watching fast and the furious right now well just to pass time, but it does remind me of the fun i had working on my car and what fun ill be having come spring again, gets me back in to the whole car mood, nevermind the super super lame ass movie part about it, call me queer for watching it,

:ghey: :fruit: :keke:

90RS13
01-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Has anyone seen the movie highway-speedway, or freeway-speedway (whatever it's called). It's a mid 80's Japanese racer movie. It's kinda cool to see what their scene was like back then. The main guy, by the end of the movie is drivin a R31 skyline, and the "arch rival" drives a 280Z.

kazuo
01-02-2005, 03:35 AM
You all suck

BULLITT

Best car movie EVER PERIOD IN THE HISTORY OF EVER

Period.

And yeah.

There's a TON of cheesy drift/wangan movies in Japan that are fun...

MovinUp-1
01-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Bullitt is fantastic. So is LeMans. If you want to see some old school muscle with a really weird 70s drug induced plot check out Two Lane Blacktop. Two guys drive around in a 55 chevy (tubbed, aluminum interior, flip up fiberglass front end, big block power) picking up races in every town they come to.

nistech
01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Redline

i m gonna do that

i think cannon run 3000 is cool even though it isnt a movie it is real live
they also have a old movie "cannon run" i ve seen it isnt that bad it is just really old
and initial d is interesting to watch
and i heard they are making fast and furious 3 with v diesal and it is gonna take place in japan i think no paul walker i did see him at a quiznos in Huntington beach couple weeks ago and all these girls were goin crazy and asking for an autograph and when he was walking out he looked at me and my buddy and smiled and said how is goin .we were looking at him and smiling cuz all the 14 year old girls were all around him but anyways he walked to his f250 lifted truck and left didnt even sat down and eat with us how rude is he.

Stock-S13
01-02-2005, 10:18 PM
You all suck

BULLITT

Best car movie EVER PERIOD IN THE HISTORY OF EVER

Period.

And yeah.

There's a TON of cheesy drift/wangan movies in Japan that are fun...

Mcqueen, yes? I still haven't had enough free time to chekc this out. I hear its rad!

DocTaDrifT
01-02-2005, 11:40 PM
You guys ever watch American Graffitti, its not really racing..but i think its a good movie for the time..they should do a up-to-date version.

i second the American Graffitti part it was a great movie

S14DB
01-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Redline

it's 'Red Lined' BTW
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/979/40230979.jpg

Ghettokracker71
01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Redlined....gotta pick that one up,thanks. American Graffiti is a fuckin classic,awsome movie. I want Steve Milners Ford :drool:

FAST AND FURIOUS IS THE BEST RACING MOVIE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

EDIT:What is the car that 'Mad Max' drives ?

sykikchimp
01-03-2005, 12:23 PM
The Wraith was a cool movie with a crazy ass car with some sort of alien engine..

description: "A marauding gang of car-racing delinquents terrorize the residents of a small town, until a mysterious, otherworldly stranger arrives to challenge the ruthless roadsters"

I recommend it!

Christine was a crazy car movie too..

Sil Beer S13
01-03-2005, 12:40 PM
The Wraith was a cool movie with a crazy ass car with some sort of alien engine..

description: "A marauding gang of car-racing delinquents terrorize the residents of a small town, until a mysterious, otherworldly stranger arrives to challenge the ruthless roadsters"

I recommend it!

Christine was a crazy car movie too..

I own that movie. Charlie Sheen at his best.

The awe inspiring Touge with Corvettes and Daytona's. I like the "alien" car with dodge written all over it.

Good times.