PDA

View Full Version : hood release cable snapped

Johny5
12-28-2004, 09:01 AM
SO, i broke my hood release cable today. i was turning into a driveway and heard a huge snap and my hood release lever in the cockpit shot off at me. the cable broke at the lever in the cockpit. haha, "he said cock" anyways, i pulled the cable out and got it all out and cut the braided line 6" away from the actual release mechanism under the hood so i could at least pull the line (its easy because i run no grill). so cool, this should work right? well, it didn't, my damn hood won't shut. did it pull so hard on the line that it messed up the release and lock mechanism? i can see the clasp part grasp around the hood latch but it doesn't ever "lock" it just goes back up a little when you let go of it. do i need a new mechanism? thanks, sorry for long post.

nightwalker
12-28-2004, 10:31 AM
get rid of it, the hood latch, and everything else. Then get some hood locks and you're done.

Johny5
12-28-2004, 10:32 AM
but damnit, hoodlocks are so freakin ghetto :\

i considered this route but i don't see it looking right. if i did go this way out of pure functionality, how much are a good set and what brand would you recommend sparco? etc?

Sil Beer S13
12-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Hahah you said cock.

Johny5
12-28-2004, 10:35 AM
why do we live in a world where we cannot say rod, unit, or cock without someone laughing? lol

Sil Beer S13
12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
I was just messing with you. Im not 12 things like that arent funny. Get a carbon hood with those hood lock you need a key to open. or Zipties.

Johny5
12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
i was just messing too, thats from a local commercial here. i refuse carbon hood, too much money for gain i'm not gonna even care to benefit from at this moment. i guess locks aren't looking too bad. but i don't want the key kind, nothings THAT valuable under my hood. any good brands to recommend?

S14DriftR
12-31-2004, 07:46 PM
The sparcos work fine, cost around $20, easy to install.