PDA

View Full Version : BBQ/ car show meet at laguna seca

drifting240sx
12-22-2004, 01:55 PM
how many of youwould be interested in having a really big meet bbq car show thing at laguna seca?? i could rent a bbq pit for pretty cheap and it has a lot of parking space.. i could get a DJ and what not some tv to play GT3 or what ever you want... it not definate yet but if a lot of people are down to do ill rent it.... i wanna shoot for spring and kinda have it a yearly thing... it would be a great oppertunit(sp?) for people that havent seen the track i could kinda show you around since i work for skip barber... like all the formula cars and the shop.. but yea any one interseted??

ZK
12-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I'd be more interested in driving the course. :)

ZK
12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
duplicate message error

s13DrOop
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
im interested, if i get to spin? :) imma dj! why not a zilvia dj!?! give me a holler if it gets big.

TiNMAN
12-23-2004, 01:06 AM
man dont let that fool droop spin, ill cut him up into shreds...YOU BEST BELIEVE DAT HO! :boink:

drifting240sx
12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
i know most people would like to drive laguna only if people drop like 200 bucks a person... and have someone have insurance that will cover everone or sumhing... so yea... pr we could rent put the paddock and have a drift event.. what do ypu guys think?

ZK
12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm down for a $200 track day provided it can be on the weekend. I've done the course a number of times before but never in the 240.

I've never set up a track day before so don't know what is needed to set one up.

drifting240sx
12-23-2004, 03:59 PM
ZK when have you drove laguna? have i meet you? i work at skip barber so yea i try to talk with everyone that drives there.... my name is cole

TiNMAN
12-24-2004, 01:07 AM
BUMP!

come on folks lets get this thing planned out, its a damn good idea

drifting240sx
12-24-2004, 12:10 PM
yea it is a good idea.. i want this to be big and if its a hit then we could do it like every spring... i wanna make it big like have 360vm cover it have some drift cars there.

TiNMAN
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
anyone there? :mepoke:

well, i know at least 4-7 folks from my crew are down. a couple of us will be down for the track too. LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!

ZK
12-24-2004, 09:06 PM
ZK when have you drove laguna? have i meet you? i work at skip barber so yea i try to talk with everyone that drives there.... my name is cole

I don't think I've met you... I've usually go down with Unlimited Laps as an instructor. It's been a while since I've driven there and like I said, never in the 240 before.

Last time I was there was a over a year ago and I had complete brake failure right before turn 2 after the front straight. The brake set up was a prototype from Fastbrakes and the Wilwood caliper overheated and melted the brake caliper open and exposed the brake line. Went off into the gravel pit at 60mph and luckily stopped before the tire barrier and had to get towed out.

I actually had to get a bolt from Skip Barber to plug up my leaking front brake so I could drive the car home (Sacramento) with 1 front brake... that is something I'd never want to do again.

ZK
12-24-2004, 09:21 PM
That was what it looked like. The rotor was too close to the caliper... since then they've stopped offering this brake set up.

http://users.cwnet.com/ryoohki/wilwood.jpg

drifting240sx
12-28-2004, 10:26 PM
wow that is some crazy shit...