PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET red-top vacuum after custom FMIC

NiNJA
12-20-2004, 09:22 AM
I just got my s13 back from getting custom fmic install. For some reason; when I connect the line from the cold pipe to the aacv/aiv pipe, my car won't idle for anything but if I leave it off; it runs and idles fine.

Also the guy didn't make a nipple on my cold pipe for the wastegate. Can I just T that off with the BOV line?

He can make a nipple for me on the cold pipe to connect to the wastegate but if I can just T it off, it can save my car for being down too long. The muffler shop I get it done at are always busy with FMIC installs and etc.

Well thanks in advance.

s14 blacktop
12-20-2004, 11:20 AM
For the way that the vaccum hoses are routed I would look at your cars fsm,

NOW your BOV uses vaccum to open and close, your wastegate uses boost pressure to open and close, so I wouldnt do that if I were you, make them make the nipple, its not your fault they didnt know what they were doing, and it should only take them about 10 min the most to do it!

fliprayzin240sx
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Or you could do it yourself. But a nipple, drill a hole on the pipe and use JB weld to secure it on your cold pipe and run the line to your wastegate. For your BOV, wut BOV are you running? Id suggest running the vacuum line to it from the manifold. Use the nipples on the throttle body.

NiNJA
12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks a lot guys. The guy said he would do any adjustments I need on the pipes if anything is wrong. I am running the HKS Sequential BOV, not the SS. Yeah I have the vacuum line to my BOV running to the nipple on the TB.