PDA

View Full Version : Shit, no more bittorrent.

Toahk
12-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Suprnova is gone, torrentbits.org is down, and a few other ones are gone also. :cry: Oh well all good things must come to and end sooner or later.

S14DB
12-19-2004, 03:39 PM
The Reactor is still up.

SilviaNinja240
12-19-2004, 03:52 PM
It'll just be a matter of time until another supernova-type place will open up. Before torrents were around people had pirated through IRC, hotline, direct connect, webpages, ftps, etc.. And when one got shut down, another one opened soon after. You may sink the pirate ship, but you can't sink the pirates (unless they can't swim or are eaten by sharks) ARRR!

mrmephistopheles
12-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Hard core file sharers will always have IRC.
There will always be small communities that share an FTP or work to keep websites alive.
Too bad suprnova went down (and one of my favorites, tvtorrents.net) but it had to happen eventually.

G_Fish240
12-19-2004, 11:32 PM
I use to know a really good mirc channel and it went down the drain. Most channels are filled with cable bots with 1000 queues and what not, cool im getting a whooping 26.6Kb/sec :/ torrentbits was one of the best sites out there, so was tv torrents, sad to see them go. there is always irc and newsgroups though

Stock-S13
12-20-2004, 12:12 AM
BWaAHAHAHHAHAAA!! Newsgroup= 2.5mbps, Pay to play gentlemen.

PS; not milfclan,was it?

I use to know a really good mirc channel and it went down the drain. Most channels are filled with cable bots with 1000 queues and what not, cool im getting a whooping 26.6Kb/sec :/ torrentbits was one of the best sites out there, so was tv torrents, sad to see them go. there is always irc and newsgroups though

prophet_19
12-20-2004, 11:56 AM
that sucks a big ass one. where am i going to get HL3 from? ahahah

papershot
12-20-2004, 01:44 PM
suprnova.org never had the torrents anyway, they were just linked on there. you can still get the torrents from the sites that were linked on suprnova.org.

I don't know about tvtorrents and those others, but if they aren't the trackers, who cares.

edit: got to reading about this, and wow. people say suprnova.org closed to bandwidth costs, then others say because of the MPAA. then I found like 8 other sites just like suprnova.org....bi-torrent.com, lokitorrents.com, just so many.

litenova.org has some stuff to read about bittorrent.