PDA

View Full Version : Rant

MakotoS13
12-17-2004, 09:20 AM
okay so my car has been at a"friend"'s shop for like a month and a half. its getting repainted because the first go wasnt satisfactory. by satisfactory i mean i should've done it cause the painter obviously didn't give a crap. this time around i'm PAYING for it and it's taking FOREVER.

i know there is nothing any of you can do and there is little i can do aside from just taking it home partially sanded and primed. its ridiculous cause i'm a FUCKING CUSTOMER. i never ASKED for any kind of hookup. these dildo sucking cock asses took the job when i specifically said "if you can't handle it i'll take it somewhere else no harm no foul".

extension after extension after extension. obviously this "friend" doesn't respect me enough to make good on his word so obviously i should just stop post poning the inevitable ugly that's gonna rear its head.

some of you may feel that i am too much of a dick. the reality is that i give people entirely too much slack.

Doriftomodachi
12-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Perhaps both body shops thought you were a dick so they both have half assed attitudes about fixing your car. Considering the attitude of your posts here on zilvia why am I not surprised?

Do you actually expect some sympathy? lol Sorry man, what comes around goes around.

rainier
12-17-2004, 10:46 AM
talk to the shop about it. tell em its been to long and would like your money back to take it somewhere else.

old_s13
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
haha i just think your weaksauce makoto..

work with trustworthy individuals, if you dont.. well.. you just suck then.

sorry to hear about your car, get it back and take it to someone better.

ps: stop trying to be angry all the time, it doesnt work well. you have to have reason to your anger.

MakotoS13
12-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Perhaps both body shops thought you were a dick so they both have half assed attitudes about fixing your car. Considering the attitude of your posts here on zilvia why am I not surprised?

hey genius, it was one body shop and the first time it wasn't done right cause the painter was half DRUNK. if I painted it the car would be all back together now but that's effin life. i made this post to RANT, not get sympathy but apparently you missed that ALSO.

the attitude of my posts? i am realistic and hold people to a higher standard than the rest of the world so i should be subject to someone lying to me? i may be too harsh sometimes but usually there is a very good reason behind my abrassive nature.

it hasn't been paid for and they aren't getting a dime from me until i inpect it from roof to rubber.

aside from the whole "angry all the time" thing you're right, mike, i went against my gut with this one. the guy has good intentions but is hit or miss with action. right now i'm tryin to find another shop that'll get it done right in 5 days. i got my people workin on it.

sciamop
12-17-2004, 04:20 PM
the attitude of my posts? i am realistic and hold people to a higher standard than the rest of the world so i should be subject to someone lying to me? i may be too harsh sometimes but usually there is a very good reason behind my abrassive nature.

C'mon, pal -- You *are* a bit of a post whore/keyboard warrior/drama queen. Your "I'm-like-old_s13's-demented-little-brother" attitude makes you an easy target for abuse. Anyhow, rant on; I personally find it amusing.

BTW, how's the duckhead shifter holding up? They didn't paint that did they? :)

GL with your paint problems...
Todd
93 Coupe

airsoft
12-17-2004, 08:38 PM
haha i love the hey genius part.

SlideStar
12-17-2004, 09:38 PM
A month and a half is a long time to wait for paint. Do you know the status of your car, like is it preped and ready for paint?? If he's a friend of yours and you say you can do a good job, can you go in and help him with it?

airsoft
12-17-2004, 10:51 PM
can't beat me, my car is still @ autoevolution in Garden Grove, been there since April 04. I've been driving my 95 civic since =[.

EH9
12-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Comment removed.

zero.counter
12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
It sounds like Karma to me.

There is a lesson to be learned here, don't ever go with "Buddy Deals", as they will often backfire due to thier misunderstandings about trust between each other. As clear corners stated, go with a well known shop next time.

evilimport
12-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Dont ever take your car to a friend who owns or runs a company like that...you will lose that friend. I ended up sueing a friend of mine after taking my previous car to him for performance upgrades...Not worth the chance you take....he was a cool guy, just bad at business...

2JZGTE
12-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Don't ever take your car to someone when you can do that particular job yourself. It's your fault for giving it to him since you said you can paint. I can honestly say the best work done on my cars has been my own work (except for my supra's paintjob, thx kustom import). You'll care more about working on it than anyone else would anyway.

You can rent a paintbooth for about $75 an hour too, fyi.

Get the car back, don't pay them, prep it, then get her to the booth already! No more window love.

MakotoS13
12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
It's your fault for giving it to him since you said you can paint.

well the guy owed me the job and since hindsight is 20/20 i see that my relative inexperience would have been much better than his apparent apathy. this was the actual painter, the guy im refering to is the MANAGER.

i'm harsh on you guys for doing/saying stupid crap but i don't jack people around when it comes to business. karma my nutsack, i am karma's tool. i treat people as i'd wish to be treated. so you make misguided observations.. big deal. if i do stupid stuff i expect to be called on it and AM on a fairly regular basis.

i made this rant to vent instead of making the situation worse by really tearing into the guy. friday he had a talk with my cousin (co-owner of the dealership) and they're giving me a discount on my bill and hooking me up with some side jobs (easy $200 min). she's supposed to have been prepped firday... we'll see.

anyhow, this week i take her home finished or not.

zero.counter
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
karma my nutsack, i am karma's tool. i treat people as i'd wish to be treated.
The cycle will then be continuous...I had your gender wrong all along... :ugh:
j/k
so you make misguided observations.. big deal.
No one posting here was making anything misguided. We simply told you what you already knew and were going to hear. That being, that you made a mistake...you ranted...and you heard what you knew you were going to hear.
End of story.
BTW, is this:
A. going to be a showcar
B. are you a perfectionist
c. was the first job that bad...:(

if i do stupid stuff i expect to be called on it and AM on a fairly regular basis.

That again, is obvious. But it's all good Makoto. I am glad to hear you got something positive out of the whole situation.

Good luck in the future! :wavey:

MakotoS13
12-18-2004, 11:15 PM
the answer is B but i understand that perfection is nearly unattainable so its basicall8y become minimizing flaws.