PDA

View Full Version : E-brake wire diagram and location

profuse007
12-15-2004, 10:05 AM
hey peeps, i need some help finding the e-brake wire for 98 240sx MT.
thanks

Brian
12-15-2004, 10:13 AM
e brake wire?
the one that makes the light go on in the dash cluster?
it's under the center console/arm rest area.
it is right at the bottom of the e brake lever. has a spring at the end that makes the light trip.
ding ding.
winner.

profuse007
12-15-2004, 11:43 AM
thanks for the reply, but i shouldve have stated, other location besides teh center console. i want to see if anyone has the specific wire location w/o goin to the switch, itsef.

projectRDM
12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Yellow/purple stripe, runs from console underneath the driver seat to the subharness, up the rocker panel to the SMJ just above the fusebox. From there, it spilts and goes to the cluster to trip the light, and out under the hood to the brake fluid reservoir.

profuse007
12-15-2004, 04:28 PM
thats what i need, but whats SMJ?

thanks again.

profuse007
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
BTW, i need this wire for RStart.

iono if anyone of you want me to write up a compustar 2wss-as installation for this car. i can do a full tutorial w/ pictures if someone here shout out yall guys want me to post the info here on the forum.

compustar 2wss-as- (a very top-notch alarm/keyless/RS)

true turbo timer, works like any other after market timer
top transfer and receiving range, 2way LCD
works safe on MT
lets just say its a very good alarm.

projectRDM
12-15-2004, 05:37 PM
thats what i need, but whats SMJ?

thanks again.

SMJ= super multiple junction. Big junction box with two plugs above the fusebox, it's in the lower gray one, very easy to hit. Unbolt the plug (10mm) and pull it straight out, pop the cover off and it's right there, top row IIRC.

profuse007
12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
SMJ= super multiple junction. Big junction box with two plugs above the fusebox, it's in the lower gray one, very easy to hit. Unbolt the plug (10mm) and pull it straight out, pop the cover off and it's right there, top row IIRC.

i guess its like a BCM then, huh?

projectRDM
12-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Nope. BCM=body control module, usually a unit that drives/controls multiple functions in the car. The only thing like that in an S14 would be the SECU, smart entrance control unit, which handles doorlocks, rear defogger timer, key/light warning buzzer, and if equipped, the anti-theft system. The SMJ is just a multipin plug that interconnects the various harnesses together in the car.

profuse007
12-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Nope. BCM=body control module, usually a unit that drives/controls multiple functions in the car. The only thing like that in an S14 would be the SECU, smart entrance control unit, which handles doorlocks, rear defogger timer, key/light warning buzzer, and if equipped, the anti-theft system. The SMJ is just a multipin plug that interconnects the various harnesses together in the car.

gotcha!!!!