PDA

View Full Version : WTB: OBDII 5-speed S14 wiring harness

revat619
12-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Like the title says, i'm looking for a 5-speed s14 wiring harness. I say OBDII, cuz im doing a 5 speed swap on my 97 and the 5 speed ecu i needed had to be OBDII, so i'm assuming the 5 speed harness is different from an automatic and has to be OBDII as well. So let me know what you guys got! Thanks :bow:

- Jay

S14DB
12-12-2004, 12:30 PM
you can hot wire the auto harness to work with the manual. You can even use the auto ecu with the manual gear box.

revat619
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
yeah i probably could, but i'd rather not. Reason being, I HATE wiring with a passion!:D

Thanks anyway though. :)

S14DB
12-12-2004, 06:04 PM
You're going to have to do the same amount of wiring. Really more cause you're going to have to remove all the wiring to install the manual harness and jumper the same relays and change the same switches.

Shouldn't you know how to do this already?

Ritz S14
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Ask anthony240, he swapped his obdII auto to a manual, not sure which route he took though.

But yeah, wiring isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.

revat619
12-13-2004, 12:07 AM
You're going to have to do the same amount of wiring. Really more cause you're going to have to remove all the wiring to install the manual harness and jumper the same relays and change the same switches.

Shouldn't you know how to do this already?

I probably wont be doing most of the wiring myself anyway.

The things is though, i'd rather have somebody just install a new 5 speed harness then do a potential hack job on my auto one. I want it to be as if it was 5 speed from the factory and having my auto ecu/harness jerry rigged to work isnt my idea of "like 5 speed from the factory". There's a reason why 5 speeds have a different ecu and harness than automatics. I dont want to deal with my ecu throwing codes and my check engine light coming on cuz some wires werent spliced and "hot wired" correctly. IMO, it'd be a lot less headache in the long run if i just have a 5 speed harness thats a direct plug and play to a 5 speed ecu.

S14DB
12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
You will have to get mutiple harnesses and a MT fuse/relay box to just drop in like you want.

revat619
12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes, i may have to...

I've researched this and some people say you do and some people say you dont. The way i see it, if i dont need the 5 speed harness then fine, but i dont want to not have one and need one and be SOL. I'm going to buy one regardless, but thanks for your concern. :bow:

Now does anybody have one for sale?