PDA

View Full Version : Back from PRI. NEW KA PARTS :)

IvanAtSPRacing
12-11-2004, 01:08 AM
I spent the day in Indy at the PRI trade show. Got to talk face to face with a lot of my vendors which was nice. Our 1248whp MKIV Supra was in the AEM booth getting gawked at which was really cool. I had dinner with Jason from AEM and got an update on the S14 AEM EMS. Retail units are in production and will be shipped to dealers SOON.

The biggest news was for me was Crower's interest in the KA. They are now offering rods, SS oversize valves, REV kit (springs, Titanium retainers and keepers) and 5 (yes I said FIVE) different cam grinds. One of the cam grinds is actually for boosted applications. I have the new catalog with part numbers and specs but no pricing yet. Brian Crower said he will call me when he is back from PRI and get me the details.

Its awesome that the KA is finally getting the attention it deserves.

JDMark
12-11-2004, 01:18 AM
The biggest news was for me was Crower's interest in the KA. They are now offering rods, SS oversize valves, REV kit (springs, Titanium retainers and keepers) and 5 (yes I said FIVE) different cam grinds. One of the cam grinds is actually for boosted applications. I have the new catalog with part numbers and specs but no pricing yet. Brian Crower said he will call me when he is back from PRI and get me the details.

that sounds pretty cool. do you know if theyll make any of these things for SOHC as well?

Ian
12-11-2004, 01:02 PM
lol almost 8 years after it is OUT of production too...what a shame :-\

never the less, very cool, i'll be sure to build a KA-T in the future

Maxtype 240
12-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Crower rods have been available, that's what I'm getting. KAs have a good selection for valves (Ferrea/SuperTech). I believe Ferrea is the only one offering making springs/retainers though...

The more selection the better though!

Jesse

bobafett
12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
yeah you should try to convince them all about the sohc love! ;)

nightwalker
12-13-2004, 02:44 PM
screw SOHC! I had one and that thing was nothing but problems. DOHC has been in production way longer anyways.