PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on BlownHeadgasket?

rizzle
12-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Ok one of my friends found a good deal on an mkiii supra with a headgasketthats going bad . How far do you guys think he can drive with it until the motor blows. He has another motor here in los angeles so he could care less if it blows we just want to know how far he can go if it blows? HE's trying to get from the bay area to santa cruz. Do you think he will make it? Do you think he can make it to los angeles with low rpm careful driving LOl ?

JtWo
12-10-2004, 09:33 PM
No he won't make it. It's drivable until you see hella coolant dripping down....if he is gonna try to drive it from there...Tell him to buy alot of coolant....cause bhg's make engines coolant eaters....

PinkPanther
12-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Don't forget oil and compression losers too.

flatblack_s14
12-10-2004, 11:08 PM
It depends on how badly it is blown. I drove my na mk3 for probably a year with a bad headgasket, but it was merely seaping. I wouldn't chance it though. Just tell him to rent a U-haul for one day "in town", I think it's like 50 bucks.

PinkPanther
12-10-2004, 11:17 PM
It depends on how badly it is blown. I drove my na mk3 for probably a year with a bad headgasket, but it was merely seaping. I wouldn't chance it though. Just tell him to rent a U-haul for one day "in town", I think it's like 50 bucks.

U-Haul trucks are so very shady. They keep those things in such dangerously poor condition; I would risk it with the supra before trusting anything with U-Haul.

S13Grl
12-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Then find someone with a truck and rent the U-Haul attachment for towing a vehicle (of course, look for one that will take all four wheels off the ground). How much is he picking it up for?