PDA

View Full Version : This months Car and Drive mag

RedlineRacer
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Did anyone check out the section about the top 10 ridiculous spoilers? It has 10 cars with some stupid spoilers. And guess what, number 2 has to be a 240 with a really ugly spoiler. It like the skyline spoiler with these two jet engine looking things on it. I felt so ashamed when I saw that.

kay_arsen
12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
are u talkin bout a stock spoiler

ALTRNTV
12-09-2004, 01:35 PM
It like the skyline spoiler with these two jet engine looking things on it.

I don't think he's talking about the stock spoiler.. Can you scan the page?

wootwoot
12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Begin rant.It sounds like that dumbass thing they always have on the last page where they just use boring ass observations that they think are funny. I really despise car and driver, all they do is rip on "sportcompacts" and then go suck off the corvette. The thing is they are so anal about shitty interiors and perfect fitting components and all of that such, then they love the corvette more than anything on the planet. The guys at Sportcompact car are kind of being a pain in the ass with loving a certain car and if you dont know what it is, you might need your head examined. End rant.

DaveSev
12-09-2004, 02:28 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone I know who has sat in a C6 says the driving position and comfort couldn't be better. When do they rip on "sport compacts"? IIRC they hump the Focus all the time as well as Mazda's little cars.

RedlineRacer
12-09-2004, 03:50 PM
i don't have a scanner, but yeah, it is like wootwoot said. they have something like this every month.

wootwoot
12-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Im more referring to the c5 and previous models, not seat position or comfort either. The quality and fitment of the pieces is what was not up to par. A while ago they had a "4cylinder shootdown" where they tested a bunch of "tuner" cars. All they did the entire time was say the z06 was better and the same price. The thing was each of those cars had every part installed by wherever at anywhere between 75-110 dollars an hour for labor. They also generally had body kits and other non essetinals which upped the price considerably. But they compared all of these 4 cylinder mostly fwd cars to a z06 Corvette..... Yea! Great Comparison guys! I have also seen many of their tests which also use the z06 as the comparison where it does not even fall under the same class. I really just dont like those guys, boring old men.