PDA

View Full Version : Na Ka + Rsr-gt2 = ?

NismoDan
12-07-2004, 10:03 PM
[Puts on flame suit just in case]
Ok, so I found an online ad from a guy selling what he called a "RSR Mag2" exhaust.
After asking for pictures, I got one back, but only of the muffler's side, and really close. From this picture it looks like a GT2...not the Exmag that I was hoping for. (in the pic everything is shiny, and the sticker on the side says "RSR Concept Exhaust Magic"....no RSR engraving on the tip)
So my question is, if this can be had for a good price, do you guys think it's a good idea with my (relatively) stock KA? (All I have on the engine is an AEM intake)

I know it will be loud...I just dont want to get pulled over by cops every 10 seconds while cruising at like 3k rpm (I rarely ever go over 3500, unless I'm really trying)

Thanks!!

nightwalker
12-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a custom 3 inch exhaust, no resonators, and I like it fine.

S14DriftR
12-07-2004, 10:40 PM
well, if you were hoping to get an ex mag, the gt-2 is pretty much the exact opposite of what you wanted....It would be pretty damn loud im sure, but so it the trust dd and everyone loves those. The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.

nightwalker
12-07-2004, 10:46 PM
The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.

S14DriftR should borrow your flame suit. I'm running now as we speak.
:rofl:

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
12-07-2004, 10:50 PM
i have exmag gt2 on a stock ka. no intake or anything. its not loud. and u cruise at 3k?? i shift at 2.3k or around there.

S14DB
12-07-2004, 10:57 PM
well, if you were hoping to get an ex mag, the gt-2 is pretty much the exact opposite of what you wanted....It would be pretty damn loud im sure, but so it the trust dd and everyone loves those. The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.
What the hell are you talking about. He'll see gains across the board especially at throttle tip in. I've had both a 60mm and now the 80mm. The 80mm has better response in DD(butt dyno) and on the rollers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/S14DB/240sx/Dyno/DynoCompare.jpg

theicecreamdan
12-07-2004, 11:04 PM
S14DriftR should borrow your flame suit. I'm running now as we speak.
:rofl:

maybe we should sticky the dyno sheet with the big gains on the stock KA with a 3" catback?

S14DriftR
12-07-2004, 11:15 PM
I run a fujistubo 3" and I felt no gains at that low in the powerband, it picks up nice around 3500, but nothing below that. And i must have been thinking of the wrong exhaust, i thought gt2 was actually larger than 3", but i have seen the sheet and was one of the reasons i went 80mm instead of 60mm.

*edit* Sorry if i offered bad info, i always thought the gt2 was larger than 3" and significantly louder than the ex mag, I myself am running 4-1 header to test pipe to 3" straight through catback, and its not bad at all due to the large resontor and muffler on the fujistubo.

tryiian
12-07-2004, 11:29 PM
where`d you get a 4-1 ka header? greddy?

S14DriftR
12-07-2004, 11:32 PM
actually i had one of those greddy ones on my old s14,but for my S13 i picked up a used pacesetter for dirt cheap and spent a little time at my shop reinforcing the welds.

kingsol
12-07-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah, and it's really not THAT loud... i'm in sf too and i've never been given any trouble by cops

S14DriftR
12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
your lucky, I was pulled over for my exhaust and its black canister and not loud, it was just an excuse for him to pop my hood because he didnt send me to get tested. didnt care about my non carb header tho.

240pwrdrift
12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
running the tanabe racing spec 80mm off road use only, a little loud but great flow with min. back pressure at high boost.

Later,

mav1178
12-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I run a fujistubo 3" and I felt no gains at that low in the powerband, it picks up nice around 3500, but nothing below that. And i must have been thinking of the wrong exhaust, i thought gt2 was actually larger than 3", but i have seen the sheet and was one of the reasons i went 80mm instead of 60mm.

80mm 5Zigen Pro Racer on S13 with KA24DE:

http://www.worldwidechang.com/Pics/Cars/MyCar/Dyno/NewDyno/IntakeExhaust1.jpg

-alex

pruto
12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
i have the Uras RS, 80mm on stock KA, my butt dyno says there is a power difference, but i hate the friggen noise, don't get me wrong, i love the sound/tone, but crusing at anything above 2.5k hurts my head and i can't hear the bass from my speakers. I run with a silencer, but i think it sucks a bit of power, or maybe that is just mis-preception due to the sound.

you really shouldn't have a problem, but i'd recommend getting a ride in a NA with turbo exhaust to find out what you're getting into.

drift into a curb
12-08-2004, 10:26 PM
If police are a big thing around your area, then avoid it. What may be not loud to you, could be extremely loud for someone else. I've had over 5 different exhausts and my recent Altair/Fujitsubo exhaust has to be the quietest, yet some people still say it's loud. Just like the dyno chart shows, power increase doesn't really open up until 3500. If those gains are worth it to you, then go for it.

S14DriftR
12-08-2004, 10:43 PM
oh damn, it doesnt even make anything worthwhile till 4k, I like it though, ka could definatly use top end and as long as it doesnt lose any down low it makes a nice change in the powerband.