PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Broadfield Customs?

Whitey13
05-04-2021, 09:02 PM
I was always a fan of his work. He seems to have disappeared.

Silv1401
05-04-2021, 10:36 PM
Toby is still around. Man is busy af, last time I talked to him. If you want work done, just gotta reach out to him.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Whitey13
05-07-2021, 09:19 PM
How do you reach out to him? He has no website social media that I see.

Silv1401
05-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Huh, yeah that's funny, his website is no longer there I guess. His blog is still up, he just hasn't posted on it for years lol. Hey @Broadfield I hope Covid wasn't too rough on you, man! I know broadfield customs is not his main business, he does more of the custom audio and alarm type stuff.

You can always email him at [email protected]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Corbic
05-11-2021, 11:45 AM
Did he ever finish that S13?

jr_ss
05-11-2021, 03:17 PM
Did he ever finish that S13?

No. If I’m not mistaken, he parted the car and sold the chassis.

burnsauto
05-12-2021, 06:38 AM
No. If I?m not mistaken, he parted the car and sold the chassis.

correct. smart man...lol

jr_ss
05-12-2021, 01:57 PM
correct. smart man...lol

They?re all money pits. Hell any hobby is.

Thursday7
05-12-2021, 02:23 PM
While we're at it, what happened to breakbeat? website is gone, I PM'd his account here and even sent him an email. I want another cluster bezel gauge pod lol.

Sry4thrdjck

Corbic
05-12-2021, 03:40 PM
They?re all money pits. Hell any hobby is.

No kidding.

Had a guy once tell me that's what the 10 Commandments met when it said "Thou shall not covet".

People have this inner natural desire to collect and acquire physical positions. This drive leads us to sin. Think about the guys that scam or rip people off to make an extra buck all so that they can buy more parts or collect more shoes, etc.

spooled240
05-12-2021, 05:09 PM
No kidding.

Had a guy once tell me that's what the 10 Commandments met when it said "Thou shall not covet".

People have this inner natural desire to collect and acquire physical positions. This drive leads us to sin. Think about the guys that scam or rip people off to make an extra buck all so that they can buy more parts or collect more shoes, etc.

Are you going hippie on us?

They're money pits, but only a real burden when you don't know where to limit the amount of time and money to put into it. The lizard brain always wants more.

KR5
05-16-2021, 11:07 AM
While we're at it, what happened to breakbeat? website is gone, I PM'd his account here and even sent him an email. I want another cluster bezel gauge pod lol.

Sry4thrdjck

Wondering the same. Such a bummer.

Tearlessj
05-20-2021, 01:15 AM

Sry4thrdjck
He's still around.

He's been busy with work and doesn't have time to make any pods right now. He came by my house and dropped off the last few he had laying around. I might list those up at a later date.

He did say "When I was making them, no one wanted them. Now that I stopped, everyone wants one." lol Funny how that works.

KA24DESOneThree
05-28-2021, 12:43 PM
No kidding.

yo this a weird take for a car forum

SupaDoopa
06-28-2021, 12:13 PM
He's still around.

He's been busy with work and doesn't have time to make any pods right now. He came by my house and dropped off the last few he had laying around. I might list those up at a later date.

He did say "When I was making them, no one wanted them. Now that I stopped, everyone wants one." lol Funny how that works.

It's like anything these days. People will demand he comes back, won't buy because of XYZ excuse, and then he will remember why he stopped making them in the first place.

Not to mention the idea and design have been knocked off pretty heavily.

tuzzio
06-29-2021, 08:00 AM
Sinners are winners.

SupaDoopa
06-29-2021, 09:05 AM
Sinners are winners.

Hence my hand tat.

RalliartRsX
06-29-2021, 10:03 AM
It's like anything these days. People will demand he comes back, won't buy because of XYZ excuse, and then he will remember why he stopped making them in the first place.

Not to mention the idea and design have been knocked off pretty heavily.

The ironic thing is; the folks who didn;t have money now are old enough and have made enough money to splurge.

78K Type Rs?? Yep
10K rust bucket 240sx selling?? Yep
R32 GTRs going for 40K and selling?? Yep
RX7s are commanding a premium even for a shell at say 15-20K?? Sold!

Yeah, I agree. 10 years ago was broke pocket mountain. Now?? I used for find complete VE engines for 3-400. Now I can't even buy the head for 1500, and they are sellling lol!

SupaDoopa
06-29-2021, 11:48 AM
The ironic thing is; the folks who didn;t have money now are old enough and have made enough money to splurge.

78K Type Rs?? Yep
10K rust bucket 240sx selling?? Yep
R32 GTRs going for 40K and selling?? Yep
RX7s are commanding a premium even for a shell at say 15-20K?? Sold!

Yeah, I agree. 10 years ago was broke pocket mountain. Now?? I used for find complete VE engines for 3-400. Now I can't even buy the head for 1500, and they are sellling lol!

Yet we have a thread about people complaining someone is using specific verbiage to sell their 20$ knock off old-logo NISMO flags. What a world we live in.