PDA

View Full Version : S13 Intermittent spark

tuzzio
11-11-2020, 08:04 AM
S13 has died twice in the last week while driving, showing a 0 spark condition on any cylinder.

Quick info: Not a new set up, I have 11,000 miles on it this year. S13 KA, AEM V2, LS2 Coilpacks. Seems like none of the coils are getting signal from the EMS. The relay feeding power to the coils has power, and clicks with the key, as well as both coilpack grounds have been checked.

Car cranks. EMS goes into stat sync, so its trying to start. It seems like the injectors are firing in the injectors table.

-Both EGI / ECCS relays click, swapped out as well as I have spares.
-Fuel pump primes and has 42PSI pressure -all 25A/30A/75A fuses inspected and not blown

I have yet to replace the distributor. Just difficult with the issue being intermittent. Is there anything else that controls spark / spark signal that I may be unaware / over looked?

zombiewolf513
11-11-2020, 11:59 AM
is there a module for the coils? or ignition coil?

S14rebuild
11-11-2020, 12:06 PM
When u lose spark have u checkd for pulse at the coil, or a spark emitting from it?

tuzzio
11-12-2020, 07:55 AM
is there a module for the coils? or ignition coil?
No there is not, all 4 coils share a common power source (12V, checked and has power) as well as 2 grounds (checked and are good) and 1 signal wire from the ECU to each coil.

When u lose spark have u checkd for pulse at the coil, or a spark emitting from it?

No pulse at coil = no spark emitting.

S14rebuild
11-12-2020, 08:14 AM
No there is not, all 4 coils share a common power source (12V, checked and has power) as well as 2 grounds (checked and are good) and 1 signal wire from the ECU to each coil.

No pulse at coil = no spark emitting.

Does the ecu show crank signal?