PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Nismo subframe bushings?

solo_ryder
10-08-2020, 09:35 PM
S14

Got the subframe out, do I need to remove the outer "cup" or leave it it? Seems like the outer cup is supposed to be removed (you would leave in with poly bushings) but I dont want to remove it and find out I wasnt supposed to do that..

Do the rears have a outer cup/shell as well? Have not started on those yet.

Any help would be good

S14rebuild
10-09-2020, 04:30 AM
The sleeve "cup" has tobe removed. The nismo bushings are a direct replacement, means the entire old bushing needs tobe removed.

zombiewolf513
10-09-2020, 06:01 AM
Yeah, the metal shells have to come out. PITA.

Burn out all the rubber, scrape off what you can or itll bind the saw blade.

On one side of the shell theres a lip that mushrooms over the subframe. Use a hammer and chisel to start separating what you can reach of that lip from the subframe just a little.

Youll be cutting a notch in the shell, so chisel a part of the shell's lip where you intend to cut so that it sticks straight up.

Use a 24 tooth/inch metal hacksaw blade to cut a notch in it. Cut the notch on the outside edges where you have full access with a chisel and hammer. Start with the lip, then put the blade through the hole, then attach blade to handle and cut the inside. Dont use a fucking sawzall or youre gonna rek your subframe. Take your time to cut all the way through the shell, try not to cut into the subframe.

Hammer around the perimeter to spiral the shell into a curl. You'll probably find you didnt saw all the way through. Finish cutting it before trying to curl it any further or else its gonna be hard af to remove, lets put it that way.

If you did it right, it should just fall out while youre curling it. But sometimes we fuck up and need to carefully whack it out from the other side by the shell's edge, work your way around to push it out evenly. but try not to scrape up the subframe.

https://i.ibb.co/61gjNJL/IMG952106.jpg

solo_ryder
10-12-2020, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, I cut the front and rear cups with a sawzall carefully and chiseled the out the front was pretty easy, back was abit more hammering but they came out. Also measured it with a caliper and got roughly 66mm on the bushing and the subframe, it was 63mm~ with the outer shell in