PDA

View Full Version : No spark no fuel

yangboi30
09-23-2020, 05:13 PM
Got a s13 Sr20det. Car ran great before. Recently installed tomei drop in poncams. After letting it sit overnight and tried starting next day, the car just cranks and does not start. Fuel is not priming. Hardwire fuel pump to get it to prime but still cranks and doesn?t start. Checked all fuses and relays and all are good. Weird thing is after many times cranking it, it finally started and timing was off bad. Car then starts and shut off fine and while adjusting timing, a small rev up to 2k rpm , car then died again n couldn?t get it to start. Fuel pump never prime even tho it started for a bit. Any ideas on what?s causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S14rebuild
09-23-2020, 06:45 PM
Did you install cas properly? Is the connector plugged in correctly? No bent pins or loose wires on it?

yangboi30
09-23-2020, 08:46 PM
Did you install cas properly? Is the connector plugged in correctly? No bent pins or loose wires on it?

Connectors is plugged in correctly and there?s no bent/loose wires on it. Cas was install with cylinder 1 on tdc. When I remove the cas in the first place, cylinder 1 was at tdc and the markings on the pulley was second to the left at 0 degree but when I put the cas back on cylinder 1 was at tdc and if I remember correctly I think the pulley marking wasn?t at second to left marking. Could the cas cause fuel pump to not prime?

S14rebuild
09-24-2020, 11:46 AM
The cas has to be installed properly

https://frsport.com/How-To-Set-Crank-Angle-Sensor-CAS-Timing-on-the-SR20DET-Engine_t_25.html

Set the timing properly, then go from there

Is your ecu light on with key on?

yangboi30
10-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Turns out to be a bad ecu not grounding the fuel pump relay. Replaced with another ecu and everything starts up fine now. Thanks for the help btw!

S14rebuild
10-06-2020, 01:47 PM
congrats! Glad it all worked out!