PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Formula One Thread

Phlip
08-30-2020, 07:26 AM
Covid has everything all fucked up, but it appears we're getting racing damn near EVERY weekend instead of every other.
So far, it has been the Lewis Hamilton invitational. Like even more than when Vettel was winning every damn race in 2013.
Anyone else watching?

Agamemnon
08-30-2020, 04:34 PM
2 very boring races back to back. Hamilton doing what Hamilton does. He wins the race after the second corner and then I question why I watch these races. Bottas seems to match Hamilton for pace or better for a few laps then lets the wind out of his sails and then its fast forward time on the DVR to the last laps. Seems that Verstappen is a safe third place every podium. Racing Point seems to be the new up and coming constructors challenger. Danny Rics P4 at Spa was a welcome change as well. What the hell is Ferrari doing? I can understand why they would sandbag Vettel, but it feels like the management and strategists are cutting themselves at the knees. Its gonna be really embarrassing for the, next week at Italian GP.

IIIXziuR
08-31-2020, 09:45 AM
They should just give the chip to Hamilton and let every take vacation til next season.

Ferrari needs some spicy meatballs or something. They are performing like a midfield team.

deolio
08-31-2020, 04:09 PM
I wish the FIA would just reverse their ruling on the Ferrari power unit dealio

Curious to see how the "party-mode" thing effects qualifying. Not sure how they'll be able to regulate what is a racing mode and what is a qualifying mode. Couldn't they just say party-mode is a racing mode?

pacotaco345
09-01-2020, 03:09 PM
I wish the FIA would just reverse their ruling on the Ferrari power unit dealio

Curious to see how the "party-mode" thing effects qualifying. Not sure how they'll be able to regulate what is a racing mode and what is a qualifying mode. Couldn't they just say party-mode is a racing mode?

"ferrari power unit deolio"

The party mode thing isn't just a ban on party mode - its a ban on having any switchable engine maps. So one mode, that the cars need to be run on, from the start of the race weekend til the end.

What I don't get is teams can easily build a "party mode" section into the throttle map that drivers have access to at all times, but only actually use for qualifying and limited circumstances in the race. Say the pedal requires 5 lbs of force to push 99% of the way to the floor, then 15 lbs of force for the extra 1% to get the full beans.

F1 teams have to have thought of this by now, or maybe I should be a chief mechanic for red bull. I'll send my application in tomorrow.

deolio
09-01-2020, 03:30 PM
^Ah that makes sense. I'm sure they've got some workaround like that in the works. You should send in your application anyway hahaha

pacotaco345
09-01-2020, 03:58 PM
^Ah that makes sense. I'm sure they've got some workaround like that in the works. You should send in your application anyway hahaha

Lap 3 of me being chief mechanic ?Red Bull seems to be plagued by reliability issues, thats their 69th engine this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deolio
09-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Lap 3 of me being chief mechanic ?Red Bull seems to be plagued by reliability issues, thats their 69th engine this year?

would still be better than ferrari lol they might actually be better off throwing an sr20 in that thing

brndck
09-03-2020, 12:02 PM
yep. still boring. and getting boringer. hard to justify waking up early on a sunday just to watch Hamilton walk away from everyone else. There is some excitement midfield, but its just not exciting racing these days.

IIIXziuR
09-04-2020, 08:06 AM
It's sad when a man can't wake up (far too early) on a Sunday morning to watch some racing hoping for some excitement, but is sadly disappointed every time.

P.S. How are you gents tuning in to watch the races?

I need to figure out a way to stream the live feed to my treehouse so I may watch Lewis/Merc pulverize the rest of the field in peace.

Phlip
09-04-2020, 10:56 AM
It's sad when a man can't wake up (far too early) on a Sunday morning to watch some racing hoping for some excitement, but is sadly disappointed every time.

I'm on the east, so I am able to watch over breakfast.
P.S. How are you gents tuning in to watch the races?

I need to figure out a way to stream the live feed to my treehouse so I may watch Lewis/Merc pulverize the rest of the field in peace.
Check out KS Hosting

IIIXziuR
09-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Phlip.
I will definitely look into that!

Phlip
09-06-2020, 06:49 AM
The commenters seem reserved that Lewis will continue to win.
They also mentioned that stint of 2012 where Vettel was wiping his ass with the field too

Agamemnon
09-06-2020, 04:50 PM
An amazing race! I bet no one had any idea that would be the podium. Big congrats to Gasly!

shaggyjake
09-08-2020, 01:47 AM
Best race of the season thus far.

brndck
09-08-2020, 01:38 PM
i use feed2all.eu for watching the race.
sometimes its glitchy and i'll have to hit refresh, but its a fuckton better that the F1tv service that I paid for. Literally every single time I've tried to use it to watch a race live, I have been unable to. Waste of $50 if you just want to watch races live, but good if you want to watch the race later on, and they have previous seasons archived.

IIIXziuR
09-09-2020, 10:49 AM
^ Thanks for the info. Very helpful!

K_style
09-09-2020, 12:49 PM
https://the-race.com/formula-1/perez-announces-hes-leaving-racing-point/

Saw this coming and this automatically confirms Seb's join with Aston Martin Racing next year. But who knows...

!Zar!
09-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Sergio has been nowhere lately. I'm not even mad.

K_style
09-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Sergio has been nowhere lately. I'm not even mad.

I am not mad but just feel a little sorry for him. I hope we get to see him in different racing series such as WEC or Formula E.

K_style
09-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Its official.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/29847337/vettel-race-aston-martin-2021

drift freaq
09-15-2020, 01:37 AM
Its official.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/29847337/vettel-race-aston-martin-2021

Glad to see he got the ride. I think the last two weeks have been crazy cool. Yesterday was nuts 3 races in one because of all the accidents. Sure Lewis walked away again but you have to watch more than the front of the pack.

I also happen to think Mugello is an awesome track I hope its on next years schedule. Totally old school high speed track. Love it.

Oh the Sky broadcast is on ESPN so pretty much practically every streaming service out there has it as part of their package. Their really is no excuse to try and bootleg stream it now.
Sky TV does an excellent job broadcast wise too.

brndck
09-15-2020, 11:26 AM
Oh the Sky broadcast is on ESPN so pretty much practically every streaming service out there has it as part of their package. Their really is no excuse to try and bootleg stream it now.
Sky TV does an excellent job broadcast wise too.

I actually pay for F1TV, it just never fucking works when I try to watch the race live. The last two races I've just slept in till around 9, and it has worked fine to watch on F1TV.com, it just never works LIVE.

And yeah, Mugello was a total shit show. At least it was interesting to watch. Bizarre to see so many crashes and restarts, esp red flag two races in a row.

Phlip
11-01-2020, 05:56 PM
The 2020 Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton invitational.
It is becoming comical how the even most random occurrences benefit Mercedes and Hamilton

IIIXziuR
11-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Yeah totally, haha.

I guess it was nice seeing Danny Ricky on the podium the past two races tho

deolio
11-02-2020, 03:36 PM
I'm really excited for next year. Ricciardo is gonna be unstoppable in a McLaren with Mercedes power.

Really hoping Perez will go to RBR instead of Haas, but I know Max wants Hulk and Horner wants to stick with Albon :facepalm:

brndck
11-04-2020, 10:05 AM
if 2020 has taught lewis anything, its to use YOUR OWN SHOE for the shoeyyy.

IIIXziuR
11-04-2020, 10:39 AM
Haha. I was pretty startled when I saw HAM hitting up RIC for a shoey on the podium.

Phlip
11-15-2020, 06:04 AM
I woke up a little late and Hamilton was in like 4th place. Took the dogs out and because the little one takes so damn long, Hamilton was leading when I sat back down.
We have a champion

RalliartRsX
11-15-2020, 11:26 AM
Put on a fucking clinic!

Couldn't think of anyone more deserving!

LEG1T
11-15-2020, 12:07 PM
Fantastic win, that proved his talent and judgment...

Great to see Lewis up there with Vettel and Perez also!!!

d9m13n
11-15-2020, 12:24 PM
What a race! Poor Magnussen, that botched pit stop really shows that Haas is in desperate need of a restructuring. Hopefully the pay drivers next year will keep the team alive and get them back into the midfield

Phlip
11-29-2020, 07:02 AM
9am here in sunny NC and I am about to watch a race that 200% doesn't fuckin matter.

!Zar!
11-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Today's race was one to remember. Not quite for the reasons related to actual racing though.

Phlip
11-29-2020, 08:25 PM
Today's race was one to remember. Not quite for the reasons related to actual racing though.

Dude, my coffee wasn't even ready before the major event of this race transpired.
My wife came in an hour and a half later like "this is still on?" and they showed the replay while I attempted to explain it. She was amazed, "damn did he die?" as they showed him jumping out.
Me: "nah, that's him right there"

!Zar!
11-29-2020, 08:58 PM
I was showing someone the race who never watches F1.

Lap one. BOOM.

Them: Is this normal?

Me: No.

*Hour long red flag*

*Restart*

*Stroll flips over*

Them: Is this normal. This has lots of action like nascar.

Me: Kinda...?

brndck
11-30-2020, 01:04 PM
yeah what a mess!

then, after all the start of the race carnage, watching Checo's engine let go with 3 laps left, HEARTBREAK.

deolio
12-02-2020, 12:13 AM
GUYS!

George Russel driving in Hamilton’s place this weekend???!!!

IM FUCKIN SIKED!!!!

pacotaco345
12-02-2020, 12:14 AM
GUYS!

George Russel driving in Hamilton?s place this weekend???!!!

IM FUCKIN SIKED!!!!

I can?t wait for Russel to out qualify and out race Bottas. F1 party at your house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brndck
12-02-2020, 08:52 AM
GUYS!

George Russel driving in Hamilton?s place this weekend???!!!

IM FUCKIN SIKED!!!!

man I hope Russell steps in and kicks ass. If he does well in Lewis's car, perhaps the FIA will push more to level the playing field. I'd be so much more excited to watch F1 if the field was more competitive.

deolio
12-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I can?t wait for Russel to out qualify and out race Bottas. F1 party at your house?

Only if you?re willing to have your temperature taken rectally at the door. Gav Newsom said so

man I hope Russell steps in and kicks ass. If he does well in Lewis's car, perhaps the FIA will push more to level the playing field. I'd be so much more excited to watch F1 if the field was more competitive.

I think (or hope) the midfield will close the gap between them and the front-runners big time next year. Mclaren is poised to have a serious impact.

!Zar!
12-04-2020, 08:17 AM
This is going to be real telling for Albon.

Fun fact: George's feet are too big for Hamilton's car. So he is wearing a full size smaller boot to barely fit his feet.

brndck
12-04-2020, 09:15 AM
Fun fact: George's feet are too big for Hamilton's car. So he is wearing a full size smaller boot to barely fit his feet.

that's gonna be a long race for him then!

deolio
12-13-2020, 01:41 PM
Well that last race was insanely boring compared to the ones leading up to it...

96 days until Australia! I’m super excited for next year.