PDA

View Full Version : 1996 s14 build 2.3 ecoboost

Djetok
08-22-2020, 02:10 PM
My son who is 13 years old has wanted a S14 since he was 8 years old. Well we started 3 weeks ago with the purchase of the car. We have all the surface rust sanded and prepped. After doing research of the power plants.

We landed on the eco. We are not building a drift car, but a daily driver that will do auto-x events and hallett events. He will get his race license and run spec 4s at Hallett next year. We have a shop that is doing the build and completed eco swaps on other cars.

My son and I just left the race shop and the guy then came to ours. He has accepted the build. It will go to him in November. Since he is a ford performance guy and we are building this for my son. He also has a son at 11. He threw out an idea, which was something that I was going to ask about. He wants me to buy a full wrecked mustang. That way we can use the full ecu, while taking the abs system, trac control and stability. He is also going to try to make the my key system to work as well. If it doesn't he is just going to dyno tune a detuned tune for driving around.

I will post pics later as they are too big to upload and I am too tired after working on his car today. We cut out the battery tray out today as this is where we are most likely going to mount the electric power steering pump.

Anyone have a wrecked s550 mustang 2.3l with a 10 speed

This is the guy that is doing the running gear and helping us with any questions.
https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...s-championship
Djetok is online now Add to Djetok's Reputation Report Post

Future240
08-24-2020, 07:48 AM
Interesting.

Normally would not approve builds that are such an early stage, but since you are dropping the car off to be finished in November I'll put it through.

Please post up some pics. An ecoboost s14 would be an amazing swap.

afishysilvia
08-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Isn’t this such a thing already in SoCal? One of Ryan literall guys at animal auto has one. He might be able to point you in the right direction. I don’t believe he has a Zilvia account though.

Djetok
08-24-2020, 02:05 PM
I would love to post pics , it will not let me for some reason. Post count?

We have sources a 2019 mustang with a 10 speed to use.

collegekid
08-24-2020, 07:25 PM
I?m curious as to why you?re going to spend a lot of effort on installing all the mustang components such as suspension, stability control etc?

Is the goal to try and adapt the mustang cluster/dash in the car with no warning lights on?

There were a few companies I saw that sell the pullouts of wrecked cars which I was interested in doing.

Also curious as to what EPS system you?re going with. MR2? I thought the mustang was a full electric rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djetok
08-24-2020, 07:51 PM
I?m curious as to why you?re going to spend a lot of effort on installing all the mustang components such as suspension, stability control etc?

Is the goal to try and adapt the mustang cluster/dash in the car with no warning lights on?

There were a few companies I saw that sell the pullouts of wrecked cars which I was interested in doing.

Also curious as to what EPS system you?re going with. MR2? I thought the mustang was a full electric rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are most likely using a electric. We cut the battery box out yesterday for placement. My swap guy is handling the pump once we get the engine in the car. He wants to see the amount of room we have.

The mustang parts will be for the abs . Which will make the esc and trac control a option.

Future240
08-25-2020, 07:03 AM
I would love to post pics , it will not let me for some reason. Post count?

We have sources a 2019 mustang with a 10 speed to use.

Could be, imgur works good with a link

Fries
08-25-2020, 10:00 AM
We are most likely using a electric. We cut the battery box out yesterday for placement. My swap guy is handling the pump once we get the engine in the car. He wants to see the amount of room we have.

The mustang parts will be for the abs . Which will make the esc and trac control a option.

I'd be interested if you could adapt the traditional powersteering similar to what's done for 5.0 swaps in 2011 and older S197s.

I very very badly want to do a 2.3 swap into a spare 350z I have. What will you do for the oilpan? Will it mount far enough back to manage the rear sump or run the 2.0 piece?

Djetok
08-25-2020, 10:38 AM
He did all his measurements but with something there is no blueprint for , we do not know yet. He will make changes to make driveline angles to be correct. Obviously engine placement will be key for the cars balance as well. 50/50 is the goal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/3fd24cc0ae543002af10f9d6c4db41e5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/3a5229c5cc3b19c8c5b0455417b6fda1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/bb042bff29fdc927d8cd332a7c75a0ea.jpg

S14rebuild
08-25-2020, 11:56 AM
I was exicted for this build. Then i saw the spray bomb bay

Djetok
08-25-2020, 12:30 PM
I was exicted for this build. Then i saw the spray bomb bayYeah well he's 13. Its temporary anyways. He wanted to cover all the area that we sanded. The painter will re spray the entire car and bay

SupaDoopa
08-25-2020, 01:25 PM
I would have covered the bay in a rust preventative rather than spray bomb it. It's going to be a pain to sand through that to get a nice coat of paint on it - especially if it's leaving shortly but that's in hindsight.

Kudos for you for supporting your sons' dreams especially funding a race build for him to enjoy. I wish you both the best of luck and know that any son is lucky to have such a supporting father like yourself. I will continue to the follow the build and I hope you continue to inspire those other parents out there to get their sons involved in something their passionate about.

Djetok
08-25-2020, 01:40 PM
I would have covered the bay in a rust preventative rather than spray bomb it. It's going to be a pain to sand through that to get a nice coat of paint on it - especially if it's leaving shortly but that's in hindsight.

Kudos for you for supporting your sons' dreams especially funding a race build for him to enjoy. I wish you both the best of luck and know that any son is lucky to have such a supporting father like yourself. I will continue to the follow the build and I hope you continue to inspire those other parents out there to get their sons involved in something their passionate about.Thanks for kind words.

deolio
08-25-2020, 04:37 PM
you're going to swap a manual car to automatic? whyyyyyyyyyy

get that kid a manual box so he won't be laughed off the track

Djetok
08-25-2020, 04:39 PM
The auto 10speed keeps the revs up and keeps the boost up. Otherwise his corners will be flat.

His shifter Kart that he races is manual.

SupaDoopa
08-25-2020, 05:25 PM
The man has clapped back with full force.

S14rebuild
08-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Lol...wanna see more pics!!

irax
08-27-2020, 09:00 AM
Subscribed for the pics!

hektik13
08-28-2020, 12:18 AM
What info do you want to know you can also check my Instagram @hektiks14. I currently run this setup witha dogbox t56 and a dry sump oil pan and I had to drop the subframe 3/4 in to get sump and everything to fit

Djetok
08-30-2020, 03:28 PM
What info do you want to know you can also check my Instagram @hektiks14. I currently run this setup witha dogbox t56 and a dry sump oil pan and I had to drop the subframe 3/4 in to get sump and everything to fitThanks for the info on the pm's

K_style
09-04-2020, 08:13 AM
more pics please.

tuzzio
09-05-2020, 07:46 AM
The auto 10speed keeps the revs up and keeps the boost up.

In a truck application, i've driven the 6 speed and the 10 speed, and I absolutely hated the 10 speed. the 6 speed is stout, and they're deep in the 8 second 1/4 miles with them. They're stout.

Djetok
09-10-2020, 12:11 PM
In a truck application, i've driven the 6 speed and the 10 speed, and I absolutely hated the 10 speed. the 6 speed is stout, and they're deep in the 8 second 1/4 miles with them. They're stout.I have as well. I have owned a new f150 every 2 years for one of my businesses. My '15 was a tuned 3.5 with upgraded turbos, down pipe, intercooler and other items. The tune was great on the engine, but the trans is still tuned to pull stuff. The roush nitemare truck that I just traded on the M car , had the same pulling tune. It has a lot to do with the weight. The mustang obviously weighs less and the trans tune is different. When built it will all be tuned on his dyno with HP tuners

S14rebuild
09-10-2020, 01:28 PM
3 pics in the thread.....dissapointed to say the least

Djetok
09-10-2020, 01:35 PM
3 pics in the thread.....dissapointed to say the leastSorry. There is not a lot going on at the moment. We have a 19 mustang at a insurance auction that we are going to buy at the auction when it runs in the next couple of weeks.

S14rebuild
09-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Ahhhhh, well tuned in for updates