PDA

View Full Version : RB25 swapped coupe. Ecu issues.

90sidewaysS13
08-19-2020, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone,

So I have a s13 with a freshly swapped Rb25 S2. Little back story, I had the RB swap running and driving in a s13 Hatch but the hatch was on its last leg so I swapped everything including body harness etc etc over to a stripped coupe and now when I turn the ignition the red led light on the Ecu stays solid red with no diag mode and no start. Ecu is a z32 with RS Enthalpy rom tune.

Now the confusing part. I was able to remove the Enthalpy chip and reinstall it and like magic the led light turned off and the engine started right up. Gave it some high throttle in neutral and the engine stalled as the rpms came down and of course the red light on the Ecu was solid and no start was back, pulled the chip and re seated it and just like that the led went out and it started right up and was fine for 2 days running on jack stands. Today I got some other odds and ends done and went for my first test drive since the swap. Got into boost and when I let off, the engine died and led light was on solid and no start, pulled the chip and re seated but this time the light stays solid and engine won?t start. Swapped ECU?s to my nistune z32 and it has the same issue. I?m lost

Checked all grounds and even cleaned them. Looked over wiring couldn?t see obvious issues. When Ecu works correctly I only get a fuel temp code.

S14rebuild
08-19-2020, 04:37 AM
Check ecu your relays