PDA

View Full Version : Nitto Tires for my 1989 Nissan 240SX Silvia K

heliontr
07-21-2020, 04:46 AM
Is anyone here familiar with Nitto tires (https://4wheelonline.com/Nitto-Off_Road_Mud_Tires.25)' Motivo All-Season ultra high-performance tires? Just checked them out in 4wheelonline and I am thinking of buying a set for my 1989 Nissan 240SX Silvia K. Is it worth the money?

S14rebuild
07-21-2020, 05:46 AM
Theres a small question thread for a reason...

jr_ss
07-21-2020, 07:05 AM
Is anyone here familiar with Nitto tires' Motivo All-Season ultra high-performance tires? Just checked them out in 4wheelonline and I am thinking of buying a set for my 1989 Nissan 240SX Silvia K. Is it worth the money?

Theres a small question thread for a reason...

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Seriously, find the suitable sub-forum for this stuff.

Not all tires are equal. Do some research and figure it out on your own. There are professionals that review tires for a living. You want a review that has as little subjectivity as possible. My personal preference on tires will most likely be different than yours.

This took 5 seconds...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/nitto-motivo-tire-test/amp/
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a18091/nitto-motivo/

SupaDoopa
07-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Do you honestly need 'high performance all season' tires in Phoenix? Being someone who's been there a few times, your ass needs a regular tire for like 9 months of a year and a boat for the other 3.

cherryhatch
07-21-2020, 12:26 PM
Depends on how much you want to spend really. I got a set of Nankangs off ebay for $160 for all four and they ride great. Not sure how much better the ride quality would be if you spend 4x that on Nittos... My guess is not very much but hey, its your money

SupaDoopa
07-21-2020, 01:12 PM
Depends on how much you want to spend really. I got a set of Nankangs off ebay for $160 for all four and they ride great. Not sure how much better the ride quality would be if you spend 4x that on Nittos... My guess is not very much but hey, its your money

Tires all have different compounds, uses, treadwear, features, softness, etc. Although it's 'just a piece of rubber,' there is significant R&D with some lines. If you want some piece of shit to put around on and not care about road noise, ride quality, sidewall thickness, etc., then who gives a shit. If you DO care, ask the tire thread people what to do. Most of us don't buy daily driving tires. We buy shit to burn.

zombiewolf513
07-21-2020, 10:54 PM
You get what you pay for. Your heads in the right place OP. A lot of people think AZ tire selection is as simple as picking summer tires. Getting caught in a monsoon in a valley with no drainage and no traction in the 90mph traffic is not fun, especially if you travel to flagstaff. Going up those hills with crap tires in the rain is gonna seem like driving up and down a 3000' tall winding waterslide. You also need to be able to dodge the lunatics, not slide into them. Not to mention the amounts of dust and gravel that build up on the suprise hairpins around the lake/cliff passes. I dont cheap out on daily driver tires. I cant even count on both hands the amount of times I can attribute not dieing to a tire investment. I can also attribute multiple accidents on lack of tire investments. Money spent on all the perfomance upgrades and training to handle the unforseen dont mean squat if you dont have traction. That said I think its worth spending the money, but make sure theyre on wheels youll want to run for a while.

niabolds
07-28-2020, 07:10 AM
You get what you pay for. Your heads in the right place OP. A lot of people think AZ tire selection is as simple as picking summer tires. Getting caught in a monsoon in a valley with no drainage and no traction in the 90mph traffic is not fun, especially if you travel to flagstaff. Going up those hills with crap tires in the rain is gonna seem like driving up and down a 3000' tall winding waterslide. You also need to be able to dodge the lunatics, not slide into them. Not to mention the amounts of dust and gravel that build up on the suprise hairpins around the lake/cliff passes. I dont cheap out on daily driver tires. I cant even count on both hands the amount of times I can attribute not dieing to a tire investment. I can also attribute multiple accidents on lack of tire investments. Money spent on all the perfomance upgrades and training to handle the unforseen dont mean squat if you dont have traction. That said I think its worth spending the money, but make sure theyre on wheels youll want to run for a while.

What type of tires are ideal for AZ weather?

S14rebuild
07-28-2020, 07:12 AM

Round ones:picardfp:

SupaDoopa
07-28-2020, 07:13 AM
Mods, please close this. This shit is stupid.

Go to Firestone or PepBoys or whatever shit you have out there.

zombiewolf513
07-28-2020, 09:34 AM

North, all season and winter
South, all season or ultra high performance summer

I personally prefer Nitto NT555 G2

Mods, please close this. This shit is stupid.

Go to Firestone or PepBoys or whatever shit you have out there.

Then dont read or respond. How long will it take you to figure that one out? For the past decade, your rube posts have been more of a nuisance to this community than basic questions or misplaced threads ever will. It seems like every time I have to search for information on this forum, I see your stupid avatar in thread after thread shitting it up with worthless posts. This forum isnt just for you and your liking, you narcissistic Karen. Next time someone google searches "Nitto Tires for my 1989 Nissan 240SX" theyre going to read this thread. And instead of finding a real, recent discussion about tire compounds, sizes, types, and personal experience from locals, they'll just find your shit posts like the rest of us. So heres to another ten years of SupaDoopa being an absolute pest.

SupaDoopa
07-28-2020, 11:27 AM
You're absolutely right. They will find this thread and in their searching, they'll also realize there are more than one mass threads that cover this from compound to treadware to seasonal. So instead of trying to be relevant, be pro-active. This shit has been covered at least 100 times in other places. Maybe because you're so amazing at searching, you can tell your fellow COVID-19 infested statemates how to use that feature.

zombiewolf513
07-28-2020, 11:43 AM
Mass threads featuring your massive wastes of bandwidth. Get bent, pest. You are cancer.

SupaDoopa
07-28-2020, 12:02 PM
So the OP gets called out, I make a valid point against your valiant effort to save face and then you get triggered. This went exactly as I figured it would.

zombiewolf513
07-28-2020, 12:34 PM
OK, Karen.

S14rebuild
07-28-2020, 12:36 PM
OK, Karen.

Its offical now..... document this post, first time used on zilvia

SupaDoopa
07-29-2020, 06:12 AM
Its offical now..... document this post, first time used on zilvia

He spent more bandwidth arguing that my posts are all unhelpful yet could have easily suggested the OP use the search feature or I dunno... look at the fucking stickies in the 'chat' topic this was posted to.

Can't befriend everyone, I guess.

-Karen

S14rebuild
07-29-2020, 06:34 AM
Guys been cryn to me in the wheel fitment help thread...seems like his vag is full of sand and one will help douche....

gabefromcali
07-29-2020, 11:19 AM
Just buy some linglongs