PDA

View Full Version : 240sx rear hatch hinges

AKsamuraiS14
07-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I've posted on here. Hopefully you guys can direct me in the right direction. I recently got back into the Nissan game and purchased a 93 Nissan 240sx hatchback. I've converted almost everything to type x so i am excited to share it with you guys soon. I am in a little bit of a dilemma at the moment. One of the rear hatch hinges broke on me and i cant seem to find the replacement part anywhere. The part number is 90400-D5501 and shows discontinued everywhere. So 2 questions, one, are there other hinges compatible to be used with a 240sx? I saw hinges for a 350z/370z that looks identical to what the 240sx look like but I'm not sure from a sizing stand point that it would work. and two, does anyone have this part i can purchase or know where i can go to purchase. Thank you in advanced and any help is greatly appreciated it.

brndck
07-14-2020, 09:27 AM
dude. welcome back, first of all, but i'd just get a replacement from a junkyard or from someone parting out a car.

S14rebuild
07-14-2020, 09:34 AM
Welcome back...been along time. Part out or junkyard..post in wtb section

AKsamuraiS14
07-14-2020, 09:35 AM
dude. welcome back, first of all, but i'd just get a replacement from a junkyard or from someone parting out a car.

Thanks dude, feels good to be back in the Nissan game. I need to figure out how to post pictures on here as well so i can share the car with you guys. I've been out of the forum game for way to long lol

and i posted ISO/WTB on some local 240sx marketplace's on Facebook to see if anyone has any from part outs but no answer yet. Sucks because i can't open my trunk since I'm afraid to snap the other hinge since all the pressure is on that side and my trunk is sitting a little crooked. I was able to at least get the trunk shut and i haven't touched it since until i find the part i need.

brndck
07-14-2020, 03:08 PM
Thanks dude, feels good to be back in the Nissan game. I need to figure out how to post pictures on here as well so i can share the car with you guys. I've been out of the forum game for way to long lol

and i posted ISO/WTB on some local 240sx marketplace's on Facebook to see if anyone has any from part outs but no answer yet. Sucks because i can't open my trunk since I'm afraid to snap the other hinge since all the pressure is on that side and my trunk is sitting a little crooked. I was able to at least get the trunk shut and i haven't touched it since until i find the part i need.

tapatalk app works, but its clunky and you can only upload one photo at a time, unless you pay for the upgraded version. I've had some success hosting photos on FB but eventually all the links stopped working.