PDA

View Full Version : S15 sr20det starts blips then dies..

Fastdrivingjr
07-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone for starters. I searched everywhere. Only saw a few similar issues. Recently bought this car swap etc. After installing swap I replaced injectors and fuel pump(the oem pump was completely dead).. when i started the car i forgot most vacuum hoses so the car immediately rose in rpm trying to redline. After getting the hoses squared away i go to start it up and it dies within seconds.. any trouble shooting suggestions.. intercooler not hooked up.. started cleaning the iacv will try again today

Fastdrivingjr
07-05-2020, 03:17 PM
So i found the line behind leading coming under the iacv isnt hooked up to anything. Any advice to where to should go would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. Im guessing that may be something the previous owner had

S14rebuild
07-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Iavc has 2 coolant hoses to it and then 1 large hose that hooks upto N oulet on intercooler piping just infront of the throttle body. That needs tobe connect...its main job is to control idle!

Pictures also help...

LoSt180
07-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Sounds like you need to finish installing everything and waiting to start it until you're done. So if you have something dumb currently like no intake piping/intercooler piping in place, the MAF will read zero and the car will deliver zero fuel since it thinks there's no air getting in.