PDA

View Full Version : Got laid off today :/

TokyoNights
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Me and around 30 people got laid off from work today, I love Bush hes so awesome! :down: Well Im fucked and I allready missed a car payment last month, what to do now :bash: Expect to see some more parts for sale in the for sale section soon :( I hope everyones life doesnt suck as much as mine does right now.

SimpleSexy180
11-24-2004, 10:28 PM
That fuc*in sux...where did you work anyway?

TokyoNights
11-24-2004, 10:47 PM
That fuc*in sux...where did you work anyway?
At a LEGO factory. Dont know many lego employees huh? thats because the one I worked at is the ONLY one,,every single lego came from there! Ohh well they will propably move to china to outsource and get people to work for 10 cents an hour anyway.

S14DB
11-24-2004, 11:04 PM
I thought Legos came from Europe? I'm sorry that I gave up that hobbie to buy car parts. :bite:

rainier
11-24-2004, 11:17 PM
damn. sucks dude

TokyoNights
11-24-2004, 11:48 PM
http://movies.big-boys.com/files05/bbpics/pic0289.jpg
basically :Owned:

Wei240
11-24-2004, 11:51 PM
that's too bad...

i like legos when i was younger, not the ones sold here though,
all the nice tekniks they sell abroad are kick ass, we get the wimpy dumbed down versions....

went to legoland at carlsbad and was disappointed, expected more for some reason...

MakotoS13
11-24-2004, 11:53 PM
that sucks and it probably is GW's fault that your superiors are greedy corporate blackhearts.

TokyoNights
11-25-2004, 12:04 AM
that's too bad...

i like legos when i was younger, not the ones sold here though,
all the nice tekniks they sell abroad are kick ass, we get the wimpy dumbed down versions....

went to legoland at carlsbad and was disappointed, expected more for some reason...
Yeah we had all the tekniks stuff,,they are pretty cool.

that sucks and it probably is GW's fault that your superiors are greedy corporate blackhearts
ehh youre right,Im just bitter,,but they did use the whole economy is shaky right now excuse. Also the 30 people was just my shift(2nd) the total including 1st and 3rd is around 100 people left jobless.

C-four
11-25-2004, 01:35 AM
You should build a army of lego people and take over the factory. That'll show 'em.

evilimport
11-25-2004, 02:40 AM
If you wanna come work at my job, Ill get you a job tomorrow....who's gonna make lego's now!!?

driftyour40
11-25-2004, 03:47 AM
Can you collect unemployment? Yeah I'm sorry you got laid off dude. That really blows.

HyperTek
11-25-2004, 04:33 AM
at least u can work on getting unemployement if u where laid off.. im on it right now...

S14DB
11-25-2004, 08:40 AM
If you wanna come work at my job, Ill get you a job tomorrow....who's gonna make lego's now!!?
Lego's are better than any job in Daytona.

TokyoNights
11-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Well I didnt actually make the legos,,I worked the warehouse. They have over 8000 employees so making more shouldnt be a problem. As for the unemployment, Ive been on it before,,I just want to work and Im just going to try to get another job next week but its going to be hard since its the holiday season. Evilimport I would take you up on your offer if I lived in Florida,, where do you work?

evilimport
11-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Lego's are better than any job in Daytona.
haha.... Im a suntan inspector for the spring break association of Daytona... :fawkd:

I'm lying of course.... :cool:

S14DB
11-25-2004, 09:52 AM
haha.... Im a suntan inspector for the spring break association of Daytona... :fawkd:

I'm lying of course.... :cool:
Hawaian Tropic has bought many a car part for me. I love my pasty white skin.

mk20116
11-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Well I didnt actually make the legos,,I worked the warehouse. They have over 800 employees so making more shouldnt be a problem. As for the unemployment, Ive been on it before,,I just want to work and Im just going to try to get another job next week but its going to be hard since its the holiday season. Evilimport I would take you up on your offer if I lived in Florida,, where do you work?

most companies hire more for the holiday season than other seasons of the year. at least retail..and some warehouse ops.

West
11-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Lego's are overpriced.

240Driver39
11-26-2004, 12:51 AM
k'nex > legos

TokyoNights
11-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Lego's are overpriced.
I had 70% off:D

Var
11-26-2004, 12:12 PM
America.. Fuck Yeah!!

SimpleS14
11-26-2004, 12:13 PM
LEGO's were my childhood toy.....but then I started liking girls. :p

But yea...sorry about the job loss. It seems as if they are cutting hours/jobs left and right. I hope you find another job. As mk20116 mentioned...a lot of retailers are looking for temp employees for this season. You can save up some money while looking for a promising job at the same time.

I thought LEGO's were made in Sweden, Denmark or Finland.

TokyoNights
11-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the advice and support.

I thought LEGO's were made in Sweden, Denmark or Finland.
Yea sorry I wasnt more specific,,LEGO was founded in Denmark. When I said "Dont know many lego employees huh? thats because the one I worked at is the ONLY one,,every single lego came from there! " I ment in the USA. The one I worked at is in Enfield CT which handles all product packing, distribution,marketing , and sales in the Americas(North America and Latin America) sorry about not being more clear. Every single lego in this hemisphere passed through this plant there are no others in the Americas. The site is more than 200 acres and has like 12 buildings.

Fun fact: the name LEGO is a contraction of 2 danish words "leg" and "godt" meaning - play well- . Also means " i put together" in Latin :)

wootwoot
11-26-2004, 10:12 PM
hahaha, im sorry to laugh but your last post was funny... im sure you'll be able to get a job somewhere else, just keep ya chin up. the economy is total shit now though, im really feeling it here with my family. this month 3 magazines i read all closed down as well, its weird. at disney world a lot of the rides have been shut down or as they put it "making new magic happen." my mom has been on and off of unemployment since a month after 9/11. ug, who wants to move to europe or canada?

TokyoNights
11-26-2004, 11:42 PM
who wants to move to europe or canada?
Shiit I went to amsterdam for spring break,,Id move there in a second.

Xracer
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
damn man thats no bueno. legos are the shit, used to build the technik cars all the time. i even snapped a connecting rod one one of the F1 cars (no really, 4 of the 6 actually, i hooked up 2 of the lego electric motors onto it and ran crazy gearing to the flywheel and it spun super fast. sounded like an RB too:))

anyways hope u can find a new job soon, have to keep a steady cash flow for the coupe :)

SlideStar
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Can you collect unemployment?

Sorry to hear bout the job. Wish I could help. If you can collect unemployment you can use the money to open a popsicle stand in Mexico. You'd make big $$ and send me 20% for giving you the idea!

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
At a LEGO factory. Dont know many lego employees huh? thats because the one I worked at is the ONLY one,,every single lego came from there! Ohh well they will propably move to china to outsource and get people to work for 10 cents an hour anyway.

yeh same thing might happen to my dad. hes worked at his job for over 30 years, and he said he might get layed off because the company is going to move to philipines and hire people for cheaper. so my dad doesnt know wat to do.

Inland180
12-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Find another JOB!!!

mjjstang
12-02-2004, 03:21 PM
damn knex and legos, my life till i was 10 or wheneve i got out of em, sold my set of knex for 164 bux, saddest day of my life.

sepulchral
12-02-2004, 07:51 PM
u should get a job from slinkey now..

jp sorry bout that dude, im sure things will workout the best for you though