PDA

View Full Version : LED Headlight Swap

TheRedEyedTerror
04-21-2020, 02:56 PM
I have a 240sx s14 1995 and the headlights are crap. I want to upgrade to LED lights not just for headlights but for all exterior lights. I was wondering if I can do this simple just buy LED lights and swap them or will I have to change wiring for voltage issues? Any suggestions on where to buy all of it too would be greatly appreciated!

FaLKoN240
04-22-2020, 11:28 AM
If your headlights have poor output it's more likely that you need to polish the oxidation off them.

Oxidation on plastic lenses can reduce output by 80%.

NashT
04-22-2020, 05:24 PM
They make LED headlight bulbs with built in cooling fans. Ive never used them so cant recommend a brand.

All your other lights though, like markers, brake, reverse, etc -Spend more money on the first purchase versus buying cheap crap from china.
I just recently replaced every bulb in my S13 minus headlights with Phillips LED bulbs that are 6000K.
They are way brighter than standard bulbs and worth every cent

Back to your headlights though: you shouldnt need to do any extra wiring if you go with LED bulbs. However if you buy HIDs make sure the controller is a 55w versus a 35w. And you may need to run a power relay to supplement power if the lights flicker (thats really the only negative using HIDs)

TheRedEyedTerror
04-23-2020, 11:50 AM
They make LED headlight bulbs with built in cooling fans. Ive never used them so cant recommend a brand.

All your other lights though, like markers, brake, reverse, etc -Spend more money on the first purchase versus buying cheap crap from china.
I just recently replaced every bulb in my S13 minus headlights with Phillips LED bulbs that are 6000K.
They are way brighter than standard bulbs and worth every cent

Back to your headlights though: you shouldnt need to do any extra wiring if you go with LED bulbs. However if you buy HIDs make sure the controller is a 55w versus a 35w. And you may need to run a power relay to supplement power if the lights flicker (thats really the only negative using HIDs)
Thanks, that was my biggest worry!