PDA

View Full Version : Possible clearance issue? Considering p12 20v Sr20vet on S14 sr20det with Arias Post

buuuddhhaa
03-15-2020, 11:35 AM
Im starting to collect parts for this upgrade. Flaming deserved if this is somewhere. I've recently found out I have upgraded internals eagle rods, and arias piston, not sure of specs because i bought 2nd hand from highschool idiot.

1) Will a P12 20v sr20ve head clear without relief valves on these piston?
2) Is P12 cams good for turbo setup? Ive read yes.
3) Goals is 5-600 reliably, will stock s14 tanny able to handle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NukeKS14
03-15-2020, 02:58 PM
#3) -> If you granny it but, probably no. (https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=63740)

Info on the transmission power limits is easily searchable. look into axles while you're at it.

jr_ss
03-18-2020, 05:44 AM
I suggest you take a look at the well established VVL thread in chat.

Also, what PN are your pistons. Typically, standard DET pistons without reliefs clear P11 only cams. P12 cams require valve reliefs.

brndck
03-18-2020, 09:13 AM
Im starting to collect parts for this upgrade. Flaming deserved if this is somewhere. I've recently found out I have upgraded internals eagle rods, and arias piston, not sure of specs because i bought 2nd hand from highschool idiot.

3) Goals is 5-600 reliably, will stock s14 tanny able to handle?

is it worth risking it?
yes, but imo you're better off getting the whole setup installed and running and tuned, THEN worry about changing cams
3) Goals is 5-600 reliably, will stock s14 tranny able to handle?
NOT RECOMMENDED. Most 240 trans are good up to the 400 range, then you start to see failures.

buuuddhhaa
04-03-2020, 05:58 PM
I appreciate the help. Tranny question was kind of dumb. My bad.

So, p11, get it running and tuned and then take from there. Got it.

jr_ss
04-04-2020, 05:50 PM
I appreciate the help. Tranny question was kind of dumb. My bad.

So, p11, get it running and tuned and then take from there. Got it.

If you really want to verify, pull head, spread clay on top of piston, reassemble and activate VVL with air. Rotate engine over and see what it looks like. I would say a 1.3-1.5mm head gasket would be beneficial to help clear valves.

buuuddhhaa
04-04-2020, 07:39 PM
I suggest you take a look at the well established VVL thread in chat.

Also, what PN are your pistons. Typically, standard DET pistons without reliefs clear P11 only cams. P12 cams require valve reliefs.Idk...they came with the car. Im 3rd owner i believe, maybe 4th. The previous owner was high school kid that couldnt afford bolts from what i can tell. Mix match bolts all throughout. Lol.

I can only assume its stock piston size with stock comp ratio.

I only knew i had upgrades because of the stickers on hood and my buddy revived it from being in flood and he was surprised it survived. Popped tha oil pan to confirmed. Once i knew that, theres only one option going forward right? Sr20vet baby! So thats where im at.